Keep coming back to these names....

The main one i keep coming back to is [name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m] but i worry its too big a name for real life?? Maybe not but i ALWAYS come back to it. The others are [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] and [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]. Which would be your favourite? Not that it makes any difference but the baby would be half Jamaican, half British living in [name_f]England[/name_f]. Dad has strong Jamaican accent so all the names would sound different being said by him and his side of the family.

[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] - love
[name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m] - like , love nickname [name_m]Tad[/name_m]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] - neutral

I personally love it, much more than [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] and [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]. The more wearable [name_m]Thad[/name_m] or [name_m]Tad[/name_m] works day-to-day, while it’s still still interesting.

I strongly prefer [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] and [name_m]Raphael[/name_m]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] those two!
I just dont like the name [name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m],it kinda reminds me of Spongebob Squarepants, but its obv just my opinion :smiley:

Ooh, I adore all three!

[name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m] is quite a “big” name, but I think it’s wearable (my husband was almost named this, apparently!) There are also a few nice nickname options to make it feel more approachable: Ted/[name_u]Teddy[/name_u], [name_m]Tad[/name_m], [name_m]Thad[/name_m]/[name_m]Thady[/name_m]…

[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] is a lovely soft, strong traditional name that I think deserves a lot more love! [name_u]Nat[/name_u] and [name_m]Nate[/name_m] are great, too.

[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] feels wonderfully dashing and romantic, and I love [name_m]Raffy[/name_m], [name_m]Raff[/name_m] and [name_u]Rafe[/name_u].

It’s a really tough call, but I’d probably rank them:

1. [name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m]
  2. [name_m]Raphael[/name_m]
  3. [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]

I honestly love all of them, though. Another thought: [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]?

I think [name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m] is perfectly usable, not too big. I can see why you think that, but it seems fine to me and like katinka said, it has some great nicknames.

I also like [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m], especially with nickname [name_m]Nate[/name_m]. I’m not a fan of [name_m]Nathan[/name_m].

[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] is fine, but for some reason it just doesn’t appeal to me.

[name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] too!

I grew up with 2 [name_m]Tad[/name_m]’s (both had a full name of [name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m]) and I have a nephew named [name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m] who just goes by [name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m]. So I think it’s totally wearable for a modern aged boy.

That being said I personally prefer [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] & [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m], [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] being my favorite of the three

I grew up with a [name_m]Tad[/name_m]. Never knew his name was [name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m] till high school and I thought that was awesome. It is a strong, masculine, classic name.