Keilani?

What do you think of this Hawaiian girl name?
Rate 1-10, if you like.
Pronounced [name]Kay[/name]-lah-nee.

While I prefer [name]Leilani[/name], I think Keilani is pretty too so I would rate it a seven out of ten.

I like a lot of Hawaiian names. There are pretty -lani names in my opinion, but Keilani is very pretty and unexpected. I would give it a 5 of 10.

It reminds me of [name]Kelilah[/name] (keh-lee-lah) which is a name I’m very fond of, and of [name]Iolana[/name] which is very beautiful.

But it also reminds me of how popular [name]Kinsley[/name]/[name]Kaylee[/name]/[name]Kenley[/name] etc. have become and I’d worry about it getting a bit shuffled in and lost.

If it bothers you, I am also positive there was an American Girl doll with this name from [name]Hawaii[/name]. Which I actually think is kind of cool, or at least, my oldest dd would find cool. But anyone who doesn’t have a child into [name]AG[/name] is not going to know this so its not a “character name” like [name]Ariel[/name] or [name]Belle[/name] that most kids will think of off the bat.

Scratch that, did a quick Google search, it was Kenani. I was close, ha ha.

6/10 It is really beautiful, but might not be as practical unless you live in [name]HI[/name], like a pp said it’s similar to the [name]Kayleigh[/name] trend…

I think it’s very pretty, I have such a soft spot for Hawaiian names. The only problem I have, which is a personal hang up, is my association with someone named [name]Loni[/name], because of that I can’t fully love the name which is sad since it’s very sweet. I would rate it a 7/10.

Really interesting name, I give it a 7!