Kelly or Thomas for a boy?

Which do you like better and why?

I love both but I’ll say [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] because it’s more unique for a boy!

Thomas is one of my absolute all time favourites. I know [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] is unisex but I’ve only ever known female [name_u]Kelly[/name_u]’s.

1 Like

Thomas

Thomas! so soft and sweet. I do really like more feminine names on boys, but [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] feels a bit too dated to me.

Kelly because it’s more unique. [name_f]My[/name_f] mother used to date a man named [name_u]Kelly[/name_u]

Kelly!

Thomas! Timeless, sophisticated and very handsome.

1 Like

I prefer [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] as it has a very mature edge.

Since I’m always a fan of demolishing gender norms and expectations, I love [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] for a boy.

I would normally say [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] because it’s a classic and you can’t go wrong with that. BUT I really like [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] for a boy! It’s so unexpected, but it’s a surname and an old name, too, so it doesn’t feel odd or invented.

I think you should go with whicever you’re feeling more: time-tested classic or fresh, new pick.

Kelly. I would love to see it used more for boys again :blush:

Thomas, such a handsome classic!

I love [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]! It’s such a lovely, handsome classic. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though it’s currently #47 in the US, I feel like I don’t know very many at all. I don’t particular like [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] on either a boy or a girl.

1 Like

I like the sound of [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], but I’m not opposed to [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] on a boy!

1 Like

Same as @may.rose!

1 Like

Kelly!

Thomas seems overdone to me and right now it’s sort of lost it’s spark. [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] for a boy seems fresh :wink:

I prefer the versatile [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]

Definitely [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]! It’s a lovely, handsome classic that I think would work well for any age. The nickname [name_m]Tommy[/name_m] is so cute too!

I can’t imagine [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] on a boy, I’ve only ever known female Kellys. I also find it a little dated.

Don’t tell my husband, but my vote goes to [name_u]Kelly[/name_u].

He tried and tried to make both our boys a [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] after the surfer [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] [name_m]Slater[/name_m].

While I didn’t feel it was right for us, I think it’s absolutely lovely for a boy. And while [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] is so handsome, and so timeless, I like the unique freshness of [name_u]Kelly[/name_u].