Kellyn

What would you think of a little girl named [name]Kellyn[/name]? I’ve heard of [name]Kellan[/name] for a boy, though I don’t find it very masculine. With this spelling it would be honoring my mom, [name]Kelly[/name]. I’ve seen some do not like the Y in names and usually I don’t like the unique/made up spellings but in this instance it would be honoring someone.

What’s your impression? Thoughts?

I just see it as [name]Kelly[/name] with an -n tacked on I’m afraid, and I think it looks quite the mess of letters and could be lumped in with the trend of names ending in-lyn.

I don’t like it at all.

I like it, and I like the spelling. Many names are just one letter different.

The Nameberry database has this listed as a boy’s name and a variant of [name]Kellen[/name] although I am not sure it has ever been used that much so you could probably use it on a girl if you want.

Sorry, it looks made up and sounds like killin’.

I like it! I’ve heard of it before, too.

I don’t care for it. [name]How[/name] about just using [name]Kelly[/name] as a MN?

I don’t like it for a little girl at all. [name]Kellen[/name] is a very masculine name common over in [name]Ireland[/name].

[name]Kellan[/name]/[name]Kellen[/name] is a boys name, and sounds too masculine for a girl. The spelling [name]Kellyn[/name] looks made up, or like a mispelled “[name]Kelly[/name]”. Maybe just use [name]Kelly[/name]! Or as a mn?

To me it looks like a typo, like it was supposed to be [name]Kelly[/name] and they hit n by mistake.

I know a girl named [name]Kellan[/name], she’s high school age now but I knew her when she was a toddler. I think it works very well for a little girl!

I think [name]Kelly[/name] as a middle name would be better. If you want to name it after your mom, maybe try finding a similar name like: [name]Karen[/name]?

I sort of like it, actually! I went to college with a girl named [name]Kellyn[/name] (or possibly spelled [name]Kellan[/name], [name]Kellen[/name], etc… never saw it written down, I don’t think). She was poised, smart, pretty. I never knew her that well but I remember thinking that as far as unisex names (despite the fact that I’m usually against them) [name]Kellan[/name] or [name]Kellyn[/name] works really well on a girl. I’m usually not for the trendy “Y”, but I remember thinking when I heard her name that [name]Kellyn[/name] worked better on a girl, imo. I think it’s lovely that it honors your mom, and it is an interesting and fairly unique choice, to say the least. It obviously doesn’t garner a ton of attention on here, but I think it is quite meaningful to you and much more updated than [name]Kelly[/name], which feels quite dated to me. :slight_smile:

[name]Even[/name] if you don’t use it as a FN, I think it could work just as well as a MN–something like [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Kellyn[/name], [name]Arabella[/name] [name]Kellyn[/name], [name]Tess[/name] [name]Kellyn[/name], etc., would all work well. If you choose to use it as a FN, I think something traditional and girly would work best–[name]Kellyn[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Kellyn[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Kellyn[/name] [name]Abigail[/name], [name]Kellyn[/name] [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Kellyn[/name] [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Kellyn[/name] [name]Julia[/name], [name]Kellyn[/name] [name]Anna[/name], etc.

Good luck!

I would think its another tryndee spin on [name]Kelly[/name]. [name]Kellen[/name]/[name]Kellan[/name] is ok for a girl, but kind of plain on a girl.

I don’t like it, it looks trendy and made up.