Kids and their zodiac sign!

For those interested in astrology does your child typically fit the personality traits of their sign.

2 Likes

Not a mom, but does my little brother count?
I’m really into astrology actually so I’ve thought about this a lot! Obviously you have to consider their sun, moon and rising signs, not just their sun sign. (Their other planets too, but those three are the most important)
[name_f]My[/name_f] little brother is a Capricorn sun, [name_m]Taurus[/name_m] moon, [name_m]Taurus[/name_m] rising and he definitely acts like it! He’s very hard-working, smart, he likes school and he can be really stubborn. He isn’t super emotional and he’s good with handling his money (I don’t know any other kids his age who have been saving their [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] carol money for three years!)

2 Likes

Aww your brother sounds very much like he has [name_m]Taurean[/name_m] qualities.

1 Like

Funny story, I was born significantly earlier than I was supposed to be born and personality-wise I fit what was supposed to be my sign much better than the one I am :joy:

I’m not into astrology though so I don’t know all the ins and outs!

1 Like

I’ve already kind of responded to this but the short answer is yes! :joy:
I’ve heard with twins one of them may take on the personality of the moon sign more while the other takes more of the sun sign personality.
[name_f]My[/name_f] little ones are only 2 so I try not to make too many assumptions, but from what I can tell this seems to be true.
They are [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_f]Sun[/name_f] and [name_f]Aquarius[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f]. One is very outgoing, highly dramatic and loves to be the center of attention and entertain the whole room. The other is more reserved, very observant and seems content playing with his books, blocks and puzzles alone until he decides he wants interaction.
They are both super sweet kids and both very goofy. :laughing:
[name_f]My[/name_f] nephew is [name_m]Scorpio[/name_m] [name_f]Sun[/name_f] and [name_m]Aries[/name_m] [name_f]Moon[/name_f] and he very much fits his chart as well. Very smart kid, very intense and moody for his age too. :joy: Also, mature for his age because he was an only child for 7 years. (His little brother is a [name_f]Libra[/name_f] with [name_m]Aries[/name_m] moon. He’ll be 1 soon.)

Mine have [name_f]Libra[/name_f] rising and one of the things I was reading about that rising sign is that people with [name_f]Libra[/name_f] rising could have ears that stick out a bit and they could have dimples in their cheeks or chin.
One of mine inherited the ears and the sweetest dimples in his cheeks. The other has a dimple in his chin! Not saying that caused it, but when I started to notice them I remembered they had [name_f]Libra[/name_f] rising. :blush:

Edited to say that I remember reading somewhere that small children tend to operate out of their moon sign energy more first (because instinct). Then they gradually learn their sun.
Has anyone had this experience?
With twins it can be harder to tell I think because I think twins have a tendency to naturally be opposites. It just so happens that mine have opposite Sun/Moon signs too.

2 Likes

Mine fit their signs perfectly. [name_f]My[/name_f] daughter is a Capricorn – she is an old soul, always right, very practical, organizes everyone around her, and tells her friends if they are doing the wrong thing. She once gathered her entire preschool class on to the fort during outdoor play time and began leading a group time for them all.

My son is an [name_m]Aries[/name_m] and he never.stops.moving. He is 17 months and has worked out how to use the kitchen drawers as stairs to climb on the counter, our dining chairs live outside now because he was using them to climb on to the table at nine months old, he can climb into the bathtub and turn the water on, and he just recently worked out how to get out of his crib, open the back door, climb the back gate, go down the stairs, and run around the yard by himself. Our house is covered in locks high up on everything. He’s a nightmare!! Haha. But a total [name_m]Aries[/name_m].

2 Likes

As mentioned before, I’m an [name_m]Aries[/name_m], Virgo [name_f]Moon[/name_f] and Virgo rising.
[name_f]My[/name_f] partner is a [name_u]Gemini[/name_u], Virgo [name_f]Moon[/name_f] and Cancer rising.

My eldest is a [name_m]Scorpio[/name_m], [name_m]Taurus[/name_m] [name_f]Moon[/name_f] and Sagittarius Rising.

My youngest is [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_f]Libra[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f] and Capricorn rising.

My second born has the [name_f]Libra[/name_f] moon not rising but he has the cutest dimple chin!!!
It would make sense if they reflected their moon sign characteristics more because their rational brain hasn’t fully developed until they reach a certain age thus acting of emotions and instinct.
[name_f]My[/name_f] eldest has a [name_m]Taurus[/name_m] moon. That would explain the fact he is a good eater, likes his home, stubborn and likes his comforters. For instance he still takes this bear he has had from birth to bed with him. He likes the familiar but with having Sagittarius in his chart he doesn’t mind trying new things, he makes friends easily, very sociable and charming.
I would say the [name_m]Scorpio[/name_m] in him makes him very loyal, he is very much a mummy’s boy, he is academically bright, perceptive and intuitive.

My youngest is a [name_m]Leo[/name_m], has a [name_f]Libra[/name_f] moon and Capricorn rising, he loooooves dancing and music. He is quite sensitive and is eager to please.
I’ve noticed he can be very fiery with a short temper and he can also be over dramatic and stroppy. He is very kind and loving.
Both my boys love the outdoors. [name_f]My[/name_f] eldest loves the elements he will splash around in puddles doesn’t mind mud or snow.

My youngest loves sports, he likes bycicle rides and the beach

It’s super interesting for sure.

Another interesting thing is looking at what zodiac sign rules which part of the body.
[name_m]Aries[/name_m] is the head I believe I often am prone to migraines which prob comes from the Virgo nervous energy I have in my chart.

1 Like

Haha I’m an [name_m]Aries[/name_m]. That does sound like an [name_m]Aries[/name_m] for sure. Constantly on the go

Aww so cute that your son has the little chin dimple too! I wonder how much moon signs affect appearance. They must make some difference, especially if close to the acsendant or in a prominent position in the chart.
I was a bit surprised by it because neither of us have one and I thought it was a dominant trait. :woman_shrugging:t2: One of ours has blue eyes too and no one else in either of our immediate families has blue eyes. Some great-great grandparents do though.
I agree about the moon sign thing with young ones. It does make sense.
Your boys sound so sweet! :blush:
And yes, my husband gets migraines all the time too. :disappointed: ([name_m]Aries[/name_m])

1 Like

I’m wondering if there is any info on ‘typical features’ under what star sign you are. It would be interesting to find out!
I’m going to see if I can find anything and then post a link.
When do you think you’ll add to your brood @whatchamacallit? [name_u]Fire[/name_u] signs get on with fellow fire signs don’t they? As in would you aim for another fire sign? I am going to TTC mid next year :slight_smile:

I’m interested in this “typical features” thing too! I’m a [name_m]Taurus[/name_m] sun, Cancer moon, Sag rising, which I think fits me well! I’m quite stubborn and I’m terrified of change, yet I also want to travel the world and I can’t see myself living in the same place for the rest of my life (such a fun combo). I also have absolutely no filter when it comes to emotion.

2 Likes

I’ll get back to you all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Similar situation- my sun is pretty early in Cancer (:angry: why they name it that) and I sound waaaaaay more like a [name_u]Gemini[/name_u] :joy:

3 Likes

Yes, I’m sure there are websites dedicated to that. :grin: Would be interesting to see for sure!
We are currently in negotiations for TCC. :laughing:
I’ve been ready but DH is wanting to wait a couple of months. Come to find out he thinks (and hopes) we’re going to have twins again so he wants the boys to be at least 3 or 3 1/2 by the time another is born.
I think it will likely just be one this time and I’d like them close in age but I understand his reasoning.
I’ll be 35 in [name_f]February[/name_f] so I feel like I don’t have much time to waste.
It may be the beginning of next year before we start though so I could see you in the TCC 2021 thread. :slightly_smiling_face:
I would love to have a little Sagittarius and complete the [name_u]Fire[/name_u] Sign trio in our house! Lol But I’m fine with whatever happens. That’s part of the fascination for me.
[name_f]My[/name_f] sister and I have all different signs but we both have [name_f]Air[/name_f] Suns, Water Moons, and [name_f]Earth[/name_f] Rising signs.
I figure we could get something like that with the next one/s.
The only month I’m trying to avoid is [name_f]October[/name_f] because my sister and both her sons have birthdays then. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though I love [name_f]October[/name_f] and if it happens oh well. :joy:
You could plan for a certain sign or element and then end up with a child that has a very different moon sign and other planets so that they really aren’t typical of that sign on the surface anyway. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Aww that would be cool. I shall keep an eye out for any news, come next year then. I’m in negotiations too but I think he will come round haha. He wants our youngest to be in school and our youngest starts next [name_f]September[/name_f]. So he doesn’t want to try until at least, [name_u]July[/name_u]/August. I guess that makes sense. I would be aiming for a spring baby so [name_f]April[/name_f]/May 22 would be fantastic. Like you, I am also avoiding certain months. [name_f]My[/name_f] sister and niece and nephew ( twins) are all born on the same day in [name_u]January[/name_u]!
And also I have my age in the back of my mind too as I am 32, I’ll be 33 in the [name_u]March[/name_u]. I definitely would feel complete after 3 as I am one of 3 and my partner is one of 4. I feel like 3 is the perfect number.
Yes you are right about their chart, in as much as you can aim for a certain sign but they’ll have other influences in their whole astro chart.
I would love a girl if I’m honest but having a healthy baby regardless of gender is what is most important :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve always wanted at least 3. I’m one of two (one sister) and so is DH (one brother). I feel like there’s a lot more comparison that goes on when there’s only two. If we wouldn’t have had twins we probably would have ended up with just two but now we have a chance to have at least 3 and I’m all for it. :blush:
That’s crazy that your sister had her twins on her b’day!
I’m hoping for a girl too. [name_f]May[/name_f] try the Shettles method just for the heck of it. Some people say it works and others say it doesn’t. Probably 50/50 either way but worth a shot. If we did have a girl she would be the first granddaughter on both sides.
But of course we just want a healthy baby too. And my little boys are total mama’s boys as well. :heart:

1 Like

Omgosh you’re so right about the comparison thing with two children. I’m sure you get it more with your twin boys but I feel like with just two children there is so much competition between them both. Also my youngest is all for his dad and my eldest is a mummy’s boy so need to break up that dynamic as don’t want to become teams so to speak. I’ve heard of the shettles method too, I guess it’s worth a shot. Aww first granddaughter.
My partner has two sisters and a brother and I have a brother and a sister so there is a good balance of gender either side.
I know it’s contentious to talk about gender disappointment when there are many women who struggle with fertility. I don’t think there would be huge disappointment if I had another boy. I just know with our third being our last that it would be the dream to have a girl.
Would you find out the gender with a third?

1 Like

To add to the topic: If anyone is interested in learning more about their kids’ or their own birth chart,
[name_m]Astro[/name_m] . com and cafe astrology . com do a very good job of breaking it down. :blush::sparkles:

2 Likes

I hadn’t actually looked up their full star chart! [name_f]My[/name_f] Capricorn has an [name_m]Aries[/name_m] moon and Saggitarius rising. [name_m]Reading[/name_m] her full chart, it’s like it was written for her. Crazy! [name_f]My[/name_f] [name_m]Aries[/name_m] has a Saggitarius moon and Virgo rising. Saggitarius moon is also him to a T, Virgo rising seems a bit mellow for him but maybe he will grow into it.

2 Likes

It’s so interesting isn’t it. It’s quite scarily accurate when you get into it.

1 Like