Kids Shows You Can't Stand?

Whether your a mum or not, you’ve likely had to sit through a television program designed for children at some point in your life. I’ve had to endure some horrible ones thanks to my now 14 year old sister (ahem, still going through Adventure Time), and I have to go through Toopy and Binoo ( I can’t even explain this one, it’s just weird) with the kindergarten class I work with occasionally.

Which kids tv show is the least tolerable?
For me, it’s probably Toopy and Binoo or Rastamouse, which is from BBC Kids/cBeebies, depending on where you live.

Are there any kids shows you enjoy? I have to admit, I do still sit and watch [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] from time to time, and I’ve been known to sit through Spongebob and Good [name_m]Luck[/name_m] [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] happily enough.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about ‘In the [name_m]Night[/name_m] Garden’. I have no idea what that’s all about, daftest thing I’ve ever seen. Teletubbies was just as bad. [name_m]How[/name_m] can children learn to speak properly when programmes like that are just using baby talk and made up words?

Caillou. That little idiot.

Wonderpets is banned in my house. I absolutely detest. Mindless animals who don’t speak properly, and very poorly made. I can tolerate almost anything exepct Wonderpets.

ETA: I forgot about Balamory.

@renrose I babysat a little girl who loved that, she had one of the dolls from it, and while I was babysitting her, it actually turned on and I had no idea what on earth it was! It was definitely frightening.

@katieydenberg my sister loved Caillou, I know him well. She had a doll of him that could speak. (keyword being could, I broke him when I was about 10, she was 6.5-7)

@pinkballerina I loved Balamory growing up! I think my mum preferred Balamory and Tweenies to some of the American/Canadian shows.

In the [name_m]Night[/name_m] Garden is quite dire but I was watching some creepy animated programme with my cousin the other week which tops the ridiculous list for me. It had these flying alien things- one was called Mojojo? Something like that. No idea what it was called, I was just watching in horror. Everything seems animated these days. Are there any humans left on Cbeebies?! What happened to Fireman [name_u]Sam[/name_u], Brum and Mr [name_m]Benn[/name_m]?!

Ahhh Fireman [name_u]Sam[/name_u], Fraggle [name_m]Rock[/name_m], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] the Tank Engine… those were the days…

Fireman [name_u]Sam[/name_u] and Postman [name_u]Pat[/name_u] were two that I loved :slight_smile: Kids BBC (cBeebies in [name_f]Canada[/name_f]) used to show the more classic kids shows when I was younger, so we’d get Postman [name_u]Pat[/name_u], Tweenies (after it ended), Balamory, [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] (who was on just about every channel when I was little anyways), and we used to get [name_u]Andy[/name_u] Pandy as well. I’ve been off sick from school the past two days, and today I put it on to see what was on it, and I found

[name_u]Shaun[/name_u] the Sheep (which I find funny)
Rastamouse (so many things wrong with this)
[name_u]Andy[/name_u]'s [name_m]Wild[/name_m] Adventures (some of the ‘facts’ were wrong LOL)
Mr. Bloom’s Garden (eh)
[name_m]Bob[/name_m] the Builder (the most intelligible of the ones I saw)

The song that goes with this was number one in the UK for about… five weeks or something. So funny. I think it was a charity song.

really? Haha that’s weird, we don’t really have charity songs that often in [name_f]Canada[/name_f] (not that are heavily publicized in [name_f]Canada[/name_f] anyways). To be honest, [name_f]Canada[/name_f] doesn’t do a lot of that stuff, we don’t seem to have an official name list (but [name_m]Quebec[/name_m] does), and we don’t seem to do much for our music charts either LOL. I think when One Direction’s first album came out over here, it was number one for 3 months. The UK seems a lot more advanced compared to us.

Him and Spongebob are banned from ever entering my house.

Oh Spongebob… It annoys me to no end that his ‘pants’ aren’t actually square; they’re cuboid shaped!

Spongebob. I loathe that little monstrosity with the fiery passion of a thousand suns -_- That laugh makes me want to claw something!

Fairly Oddparents, CatDog, Teletubbies, Courage the Cowardly Dog, [name_m]Ed[/name_m] [name_m]Ed[/name_m] & [name_m]Eddie[/name_m]…

This is totally going to make me sound like my mom, but whatever happened to good old-fashioned Looney Toons??

I hate Cartoon Network. I think its really crude and vulgar for a children’s channel and it prides itself on having stupid characters in its shows. I hate Courage the Cowardly Dog and [name_m]Ed[/name_m], [name_m]Edd[/name_m] and [name_m]Eddie[/name_m] too. My children have no interest in those types of shows (they mainly watch cbeebies and playhouse disney) but even if they did, I wouldn’t allow it.

I find both of those shows and catdog disturbing for some reason. I remember watching them years ago and just thinking they were…Weird? In a strange, creepy way, not in a funny way. Maybe its just me though :slight_smile:

You are so right about Cartoon Network and Catdog. I was born in 1995, right when a lot of these weirder cartoons for kids were going, and my mum banned me from watching most of them growing up, I was allowed Rugrats and anything Disney, but that was about it for those. [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] [name_f]Ann[/name_f], Recess, [name_m]Doug[/name_m], The Weekenders and Rugrats were my top ones though, none of them really had anything bad in them that kids shouldn’t follow and none of them were overly mind numbing for adults to watch.

Spongebob, anything Cartoon Network, oh…[name_m]Gaspard[/name_m] and [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] on Disney [name_m]Junior[/name_m]. That show is just a disgrace to Disney. I also can’t stand [name_f]Dora[/name_f] the [name_u]Explorer[/name_u]. They are stereotyping the Latino community in that show. And her voice annoys me.

I think every parent secretly despises [name_f]Dora[/name_f].

I used to love Cartoon Network back when they played Bugs [name_f]Bunny[/name_f] reruns and Toonami was a thing. My first introduction to anime <3 Of course that all ended by the time I was a teenager.

I think some kids shows are good, like the Backyardigans episodes that used to come on Nick. I always thought those were adorable, had good lessons, and the songs were really sweet and fun.

Oh yes - a really good one - it’s an animated kid’s show that comes on Disney XD. My sister watches it - I think it’s called [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] & Ferb - and it is superb. It’s hilarious and has a (good) song in every episode. My parents love watching it too. :slight_smile:

I like [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] and Ferb :smiley: My sister watches one, Lab Rats I think it’s called? It’s actually sort of entertaining, and the one guy on it is rather attractive (it’s a bonus for making an 18 year old watch it), so I don’t mind it. Shake it Up is one I loathe though. [name_f]Bella[/name_f] [name_m]Thorne[/name_m] is an overly done up girl who tries too hard to be a lot older than she really is imo. Not someone I’d want my kid to look up to (then again, I had [name_u]Lindsey[/name_u] Lohan and my sister got [name_f]Miley[/name_f] [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]…).