Kiefer? (Or similar names?)

This one popped in my head randomly the other week and I’ve had it on my “hmm? :thinking:” list. What do we think about Kiefer? Yes, I know about Mr. Sutherland. Is the name way too attached to him? Part of me feels like it’s a little too unusual, or a little too close to reefer (then again, I think Maryjane is totally usable for a girl), plus I don’t really have any connection to the actor, so I dunno.

I do really like the vibe that I get from this name though. To me it has a kind of 90s/00s Americana feel and I like that it’s not something you hear very often but isn’t totally off the wall. Similar names that I feel for this description too are Garrett, Chandler, Rhett, Ross, Sterling, Reece, Ashton, Kellan, and Keller, if that helps you envision what I’m envisioning. Are there other names you think fit this vibe as well?
(I realize a lot of these are also 90s/00s actors lol which is maybe where that ~vibe~ comes from but that is definitely not necessary)

1 Like

I don’t love [name_m]Kiefer[/name_m]. I do like some of the other names you mentioned.

Others that might fit the vibe:

[name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_u]Chance[/name_u]
[name_m]Collin[/name_m]
[name_m]Colt[/name_m]
[name_u]Corban[/name_u]
[name_u]Dallas[/name_u]
[name_m]Damien[/name_m]
[name_m]Dax[/name_m]
[name_m]Erick[/name_m]
[name_m]Foster[/name_m]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m]
[name_u]Holden[/name_u]
[name_u]Jace[/name_u]
[name_m]Jaron[/name_m]
[name_u]Jess[/name_u]
[name_u]Keven[/name_u]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_u]Nolan[/name_u]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u]
[name_u]Reed[/name_u]
[name_m]Rick[/name_m]
[name_m]Tripp[/name_m]
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u]

It makes me think of kefir, the fermented dairy product (I’ve made it in the past.)

1 Like

Kiefer is kind of rugged and interesting - I think it could grow on me. It’s sort of rocky, outdoorsy, cool. My two doubts are that it might get shortened to Keith/Kief which is not my vibe, and it reminds me of cows and dairy…not sure why.

(can’t comment about the actor associated - i hadn’t heard of him, or i might have, but haven’t really remembered)

Some names with a similar vibe: Parks, Becker, Auden, Fisher, Ralph, Webster, Lachie, Brady, Micky, Desmond

Edit:

this might be why it makes me think of cows. or the word heifer?

1 Like

As others have mentioned, the first things that come to mind are cows (heifer) and the dairy product (kefir)!

It also makes me think of [name_m]Kieffer[/name_m], the ex-con boyfriend of [name_f]Jenelle[/name_f] on teen mom

From what I’ve seen of your style, I think other 90s names might fit your vibe better such as [name_m]Brandon[/name_m], [name_m]Kellen[/name_m], [name_m]Gavin[/name_m], [name_m]Derek[/name_m], [name_u]Corey[/name_u], [name_u]Bradley[/name_u], or [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m]!

1 Like

[name_m]Kiefer[/name_m] is the german word for jaw, so I first think about that before my mind goes to Mr. Sutherland.

Outside of [name_u]Germany[/name_u] I think it’s a cool name though.

I had a beloved dog growing up named [name_m]Kiefer[/name_m] and it suited him perfectly! Goofy, stubborn, and friendly!

Names that I think have the same vibe:
[name_u]Cooper[/name_u]
[name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_u]Holden[/name_u]
[name_u]Finnegan[/name_u]
[name_u]Brennan[/name_u]
[name_m]Cullen[/name_m]
[name_m]Topher[/name_m]
[name_u]Kieran[/name_u]
[name_m]Seamus[/name_m]
[name_u]Channing[/name_u]
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u]
[name_u]Ashton[/name_u]

Because it IS a yogurt drink

A slightly different pronunciation to [name_m]Keifer[/name_m] though, which is probably why I didn’t think of Kefir at first :slight_smile:

I have a good friend named [name_m]Kiefer[/name_m] (She is a woman). It’s also my grandparents’ lastname. I like it :slight_smile:

Kramer