Killian?

We’re TTC our second. We have a girls name picked out but really disagree on boy names. I love what he calls Geek Chic boys and his are all very masculine and powerful. Anyways, at the moment he’s loving [name]Killian[/name]. What are your thoughts on the name? I love the Irish heritage (I’m Irish) and that it was the name of a saint, I’m just intimidated by the first syllable.

What are your thoughts? Any suggestions for similar names?

Middle name will definately be [name]Paul[/name], but I’m not super concerned about flow because its a family name.

Thanks!

[name]Hi[/name] there! I have to admit that I’m with you on this one. I see the first syllable, and my mind leaps from “kill” to “murder.” Hmm…Without knowing your last name, here are some more Irish names (or similar to [name]Killian[/name]) to consider:

[name]Beckett[/name] [name]Paul[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Paul[/name] (dash-ill)
[name]Donovan[/name] [name]Paul[/name]
[name]Declan[/name] [name]Paul[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Paul[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name] [name]Paul[/name] (nn [name]Finn[/name]…a saint’s name)
[name]Gideon[/name] [name]Paul[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name] [name]Paul[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name] [name]Paul[/name]
[name]Kellan[/name] [name]Paul[/name]
[name]Liam[/name] [name]Paul[/name]
[name]Quentin[/name] [name]Paul[/name] (a saint’s name)
[name]Quinlan[/name] [name]Paul[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Paul[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name] [name]Paul[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name] [name]Paul[/name]

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I love the name [name]Killian[/name]. I don’t worry about the first syllable b/c I don’t think anyone will nn him “Kill” - [name]Killian[/name] flows off the tongue so easily. It’s lyrical and masculine at the same time, with the added bonus of being a name with a strong heritage.

Anyway more and more I an convinced that people shouldn’t pick names based on what they [name]DON[/name]'T want nicknames to be since that is so much out of our control, except in very obvious cases (my mom didn’t want to call me [name]Victoria[/name] b/c she didn’t like the nickname [name]Vicky[/name] - of course my name is [name]Nicole[/name], and I get [name]Nicky[/name] sometimes, so what are ya gonna do?)

Thanks for your responses!

Out of the suggestions I really like (*love)
[name]Beckett[/name] [name]Paul[/name] *
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Paul[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name] [name]Paul[/name]
[name]Declan[/name] [name]Paul[/name] *
[name]Finnian[/name] [name]Paul[/name] *
[name]Quinlan[/name] [name]Paul[/name] *[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Quinlan[/name] but we have a young cousin named [name]Quintin[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name] [name]Paul[/name]

But J’s really stuck on [name]Killian[/name] still. I think he would have agreed to [name]Quinlan[/name] if it wasn’t for cousin [name]Quintin[/name]. [name]Killian[/name] sounds nice to me, the KILL part still bothers me. Maybe Ill get used to it eventually.

Thanks again!