Killian

What do you think about [name_u]Killian[/name_u]?

1 Like

It’s okay, but I don’t like the k1ll part at the start

3 Likes

I like it: it’s a handsome name, but I prefer the [name_m]Cillian[/name_m] spelling.

4 Likes

I don’t love the k|ll part, it’s a little hard to get past for me x

I imagine it would be hard to avoid people shortening it to Kill which is not ideal :confused:

What did poor [name_m]Ian[/name_m] do? Why should we kill him?

8 Likes

I like it

I like it and used to teach a boy with this name and this spelling. I think on Nameberry you’ll receive a lot of concern over the first 4 letters. But I’m not actually sure that translates to real life.

3 Likes

Prefer [name_m]Cillian[/name_m]

I love [name_u]Killian[/name_u]! I knew a baby (now he’s a toddler, I’m sure!) names [name_u]Killian[/name_u] just a few years ago. It’s a mighty, swashbuckling, sea-blue name to me. Very handsome, bold, and very lovely!

3 Likes

Agree. I love Killian, it’s on my favorites list as well!! People who are concerned about the kill part are usually the same people who think the name Violet is too violent for a person to wear lol, which is just silly in my opinion. I really don’t believe you’ll have much issue with using it if you choose to

I enjoy the name [name_u]Killian[/name_u] - strong and cool! I do like this spelling best, but [name_m]Cillian[/name_m] is nice too

I prefer [name_m]Cillian[/name_m]. There’s no K in the Irish language so it feels off to me.

@marysia :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:!

I agree with most of the above reviews, it starts with the word kill which is a bit odd.

1 Like

Yes I was thinking of [name_u]Hunter[/name_u] and [name_m]Gunnar[/name_m]. Those pretty much get voted down by most on Nameberry for being violent sounding but in actual reality they are well received and rank well on the charts.

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] as [name_m]Cillian[/name_m]. As above, I can’t warm to [name_u]Killian[/name_u] due to the first four letters.

I agree with this wholeheartedly, even though I’m cracking up laughing right now! :grinning::grinning::grinning:

I think Killian is quite a cool name, though I wouldn’t use it because it doesn’t fit my naming style. I think it sounds nice, though I’m not sure it would fit well on a young baby! I do actually like the Killian spelling more than Cillian!

i quite like the name but prefer cillian because its a bit less harsh