Kimberly...is it tainted?

So most of us are probably aware of [name]Kim[/name] Kardashian. Especially if you’re under 27.

Anyways, I was considering this name (for myself), and it’s just an idea at this point. But I feel like it’s so tainted, and celebritized. :frowning:
Like if someone hears my name is [name]Kimberly[/name], they’ll say “Oh, like [name]Kim[/name] Kardashian?!”, and I don’t want to be linked so heavily to a celebrity.
I’ve toyed with the idea years ago before, and the imberly part has the same letters as this road that I’ve always lived on , for most of my life. ([name]Even[/name] though it was at three house, in different intersections)

Also, what nicknames do you see for it? I don’t really like [name]Kim[/name]/[name]Kimmy[/name] much.

When I first read the title of the thread, I thought to myself, “why would [name]Kimberly[/name] be tainted?” [name]Kim[/name] Kardashian didn’t even enter my mind, and I’m well aware of who she is… So in other words, no, I think it’s a lovely name.

As a [name]Star[/name] Trek fan, the name [name]Kim[/name] brings to mind a character from [name]Star[/name] Trek: Voyager. The Kardashians never crosses my mind.

I dont think its too tainted but im honestly not a huge fan of the name…

I have a beautiful niece named [name]Kimberly[/name] so I think of her! I would not think of [name]Kim[/name] Kardashian when I hear [name]Kimberly[/name] even without her. [name]Kim[/name] K never really goes by [name]Kimberly[/name] so I would not even know if that was her real name or if [name]Kim[/name] was her full given name. I actually really like the name. What about [name]Kimber[/name] as a NN? We call my niece [name]Berry[/name] a lot but that might not fit an adult very well.

Not at all. I think [name]Kimberly[/name] is a popular enough name that [name]Kim[/name] Kardashian wouldn’t be the first thought. Might be a few people out there that make that association but really… who would actually name a kid after her… lol. It’s a perfectly fine name and hopefully she will be totally irrelevant soon…

It’s not more tainted then [name]Hannah[/name] ([name]Hannah[/name] [name]Montana[/name]) or [name]Jonas[/name] ([name]Jonas[/name] Brothers) or [name]Justin[/name] ([name]Justin[/name] Beiber) etc that are huge stars in the tween world. I’m 21 and I get called [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Montana[/name]. You just have to decide whether or not you love the name enough for the association not to matter to you.

I don’t think it’s “tainted” at all by [name]Kim[/name] Kardashian haha. However, I’ve never been a fan of the name personally and I do think it’s dated. But I think [name]Kimber[/name] is a SUPER cool nickname,.

[name]Kim[/name] Kardashian did come to mind because she’s so highly publicized. In my area, girls with that name have a sort of reputation for being snotty and rude, but the connotation is probably different in your area.

No I don’t think it recalls an association with [name]Kim[/name] Kardashian, she nevers refers to herself as [name]Kimberley[/name] anyway. It’s a lovely name.
Now if you were going to change your “first” name to Kardashian that would be a different story!

I’ve never heard [name]Kim[/name] Kardashian as [name]Kimberley[/name] so don’t think you would have that association, there’s [name]Kimberley[/name] of Pussycat Dolls and one in Girls Allowed in UK but i don’t think people would automatically think of them.

It’s not a name i’m a fan of myself but that’s probably as there were a few about when i was younger that i didn’t like.

I agree with lexikj that [name]Kimber[/name] is a really cool nickname for a rather bland name. Not a horrible name, no reason not to use it just not my style.