Kinda struggling here

Reminder: I am NOT naming a human anytime soon.

Hello! Kind of an odd question.

I love, love, love the name [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. I know some don’t but I really do. But lately I have been thinking about the name [name_f]Luna[/name_f], and obviously I cannot have [name_f]Stella[/name_f] and [name_f]Luna[/name_f] on my list. I like how they both sound, but I’m afraid [name_f]Luna[/name_f] is too silly and looks like a dog name. I love the nickname [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] though, and someone recently told me that a [name_f]Stella[/name_f] could go by [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] but honestly I don’t see how. What are your thoughts, and do you like [name_f]Stella[/name_f] or [name_f]Luna[/name_f] better?

And now that I’m rereading this, does [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] seem too much like a dog’s name? ugh.

Thanks!

I think you could totally have both a [name_f]Stella[/name_f] and a [name_f]Luna[/name_f].

Luna doesn’t sound like a dog to me, but [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] is the name of our neighbour’s cow.

1 Like

I like [name_f]Luna[/name_f] better, [name_f]Stella[/name_f] has never been my thing. And I think both work fine on a human!

I much prefer [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. To me, [name_f]Luna[/name_f] sounds like a dog name and I also can’t get past the lunatic/loony connection.

1 Like

Stella and [name_f]Luna[/name_f] are both beautiful but I slightly prefer [name_f]Luna[/name_f]. I don’t really see how [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] would be a nn for [name_f]Stella[/name_f] unless [name_f]Stella[/name_f] had a middle like [name_f]Talullah[/name_f] or [name_f]Eloise[/name_f].

I don’t really see how [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] is a nickname for [name_f]Stella[/name_f], Stellie, Tellie, [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] or [name_f]Lala[/name_f] could be if you like those. I love [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Estella[/name_f]. I quite like [name_f]Luna[/name_f] but I know people with dogs named [name_f]Luna[/name_f] so I see what you mean. You could have both on your list as though they are space names, they have different meanings or you could put them as twin names. If you like [name_f]Estelle[/name_f], you could do [name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]. I know this isn’t what you asked but if you want the nickname [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] (cute nickname by the way), you could use [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f], [name_f]Lumina[/name_f], Ludmilla, [name_f]Lucille[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], [name_f]Luciana[/name_f] or [name_u]Louise[/name_u] and maybe [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] or [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] would work. You could also use [name_f]Selena[/name_f] with the nickname [name_f]Leni[/name_f], if you like that. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] that helped x

1 Like

Stella is my favourite. [name_f]Celestial[/name_f] and sweet but also grounded

Luna isnt a dogs name to me and nor is [name_f]Lulu[/name_f]

I definitely prefer [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. I’ve just never understood the appeal of [name_f]Luna[/name_f], but I don’t see it exclusively as a dogs name (although I do know a lot of dogs named that). It ranks very high (#23) in the US, so it’s not seen exclusively as a dogs name to a lot of other people as well. [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] is also not a dogs name to me.

Stella and [name_f]Luna[/name_f] are both amazing names. Actually, I do think it’s possible to name sisters [name_f]Stella[/name_f] and [name_f]Luna[/name_f], altough the theme is obvious and those names are very matchy.
Of the two, [name_f]Luna[/name_f] is my favourite. It doesn’t sound like a dog’s name to me because I know several girls called [name_f]Luna[/name_f] but no dogs.
I personally think [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] seems more like a dog’s name, but it’s a great nickname for [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_u]Louise[/name_u] or another [name_f]Lu[/name_f]-name. I don’t think it is an intuitive nickname for [name_f]Stella[/name_f].

I prefer [name_f]Stella[/name_f] but [name_f]Luna[/name_f] is definitely not a dogs name!

Luna is definitely not a dog name! But if [name_f]Luna[/name_f] is, Then lulu definitely is. I prefer [name_f]Luna[/name_f] to [name_f]Stella[/name_f], though!

I prefer [name_f]Luna[/name_f] to [name_f]Stella[/name_f] I’ve never really liked [name_f]Stella[/name_f]

Luna isn’t a dog name (it’s currently the most popular name on Nameberry, so a lot of people must like it), and I don’t see a problem with having both [name_f]Stella[/name_f] and [name_f]Luna[/name_f] on your list. [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] isn’t really a dog name, but it’s definitely a little girl name - I don’t think it would work (except ironically) on anyone over thirteen.

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I love [name_f]Stella[/name_f]! It’s the perfect balance of vintage yet fresh, spunk, elegance & a little romantic. It’s simple too, & not super over done. Maybe a tad popular, but not too bad. I like it way more than [name_f]Luna[/name_f]. [name_f]Luna[/name_f] is really popular too…well, just fifteen spots higher than [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. But it just seems more trendy. And I absolutely know about six dogs named this plus one cat named that. But I think if you want to do [name_f]Stella[/name_f] & [name_f]Lulu[/name_f], that’d be really cute! But [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] as a nn for something else. [name_f]Stella[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] doesn’t make a ton of sense to me personally.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about…

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]

[name_f]Eloisa[/name_f]

[name_f]Laurel[/name_f]

[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]

[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]

[name_f]Luciana[/name_f]

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]

[name_f]Lucille[/name_f]

[name_f]Lucienne[/name_f]

[name_u]Louise[/name_u]

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]

[name_f]Luisa[/name_f]

Oh, & don’t worry about your struggle seeming weird when you don’t plan on having a baby for a long time. I’m not sure that I plan on having children period, but I agonize over sibling names all of the time. :joy:

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love both [name_f]Stella[/name_f] and [name_f]Luna[/name_f] so I couldn’t possibly choose! (And I don’t think you necessarily need to.) Have you considered [name_f]Stellaluna[/name_f]? I think it’s so stunning, the meaning is lovely and she could go by [name_f]Stella[/name_f] or [name_f]Luna[/name_f] depending on her preference!

I don’t think [name_f]Luna[/name_f] is too silly, but in my area is is definitely the trendier of the two which would pursuade me to lean more toward [name_f]Stella[/name_f].

I prefer [name_f]Luna[/name_f]. As a set, they would be matchy in terms of how they’re both words, but I think they’re at least similar in style too. One of the [name_m]Busby[/name_m] quints is named [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and they call her [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] so I think [name_f]Stella[/name_f] “[name_f]Lulu[/name_f]” could work, but as a pet name for around the house, not a nickname she might go by in school.

1 Like

I know both dogs and little humans named [name_f]Luna[/name_f] so I just see it as a popular name. I mean you figure any name that means moon is bound to get attention. I feel like [name_f]Luna[/name_f] makes a very wearable middle name so if you dont think [name_f]Stella[/name_f] and [name_f]Luna[/name_f] are good sibling names together you could find another name and put [name_f]Luna[/name_f] in the middle! But if you really love it and want to use [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] then I dont see the problem with [name_f]Stella[/name_f] and [name_f]Luna[/name_f]. Sure, theres a theme there but I think it’s cute actually.

I know dogs named [name_f]Stella[/name_f] also but [name_f]Stella[/name_f] was really popular a few years ago so I sometimes think popular names also catch on for pets.

If I had to pick which I like more, I think I’d go with [name_f]Stella[/name_f] because I feel like I hear [name_f]Luna[/name_f] everywhere. But I love that you already thought about calling her [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] so I feel like [name_f]Luna[/name_f] means more for you!

I much prefer [name_f]Luna[/name_f], but I honestly think you could use both!

I really love both! I think I’d be slightly more inclined to use [name_f]Luna[/name_f] myself over [name_f]Stella[/name_f] if I had to choose one, but I think both stand very well both alone and as a pair of sisters! I love the celestial theme and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with using them both. Neither of them say dog to me.