Kitri

Someone posted this on the “Stump the Masters” blog post the other day and I’ve been thinking about it ever since. It’s the name of [name]Don[/name] [name]Quixote[/name]'s muse in the ballet, but to me it sounds kind of old west, cowgirl-spunky. And I love the nickname [name]Kit[/name]. What do you guys think? What kind of middle name would you pair it with?

I think it’s a cute, yet strong name. [name]Kit[/name] is adorable! I would probably pair it with a long, feminine name.

Kitri [name]Alessandra[/name]
Kitri [name]Francesca[/name]
Kitri [name]Beatrice[/name]
Kitri [name]Vivienne[/name]
Kitri [name]Seraphina[/name]

I love Kitri [name]Beatrice[/name]!
Does anyone else have any thoughts about Kitri?

Hey guys- I’m going to bump this because I’d really like some more thoughts on Kitri.

I love it! I’m not usually a fan of -i names because they tend to sound and look juvenile to me, but something about Kitri makes it seem a little more like it can stand on its own.

I think it’s cool, and I love the nn [name]Kit[/name]. I keep hearing [name]Petri[/name] though, I don’t know why.

I’ve known a girl my entire life named Kitri, still the only one I’ve ever met! She is blonde, adorable and from a family of ballet dancers (and has a sister named [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]…also lovely.) She pronounces it KEE-tree, instead of [name_u]KIT[/name_u]-ree, just fyi. This does make is rhyme with “petrie” as in petrie dish, but I don’t think that tarnishes it.

Hm - Kitri is a cute name! I think I’d be more likely to use it as a nickname for, say, [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] or even Kestrel.
Middle name ideas:
Kitri [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]
Kitri [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]
Kitri [name_f]Amalia[/name_f]
Kitri [name_f]Amara[/name_f]
Kitri [name_f]Adele[/name_f]
Kitri [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
Kitri [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
Kitri [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
Kitri [name_f]Angelica[/name_f]
Kitri [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
Kitri [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
Kitri Emberlin
Kitri [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
Kitri [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
Kitri [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
Kitri [name_f]Estella[/name_f]
Kitri [name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
Kitri [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]

When I saw the title of the thread made me think of [name_m]Petri[/name_m], like a [name_m]Petri[/name_m] dish used in science class.

Kitri would make a nice nickname, especially for [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], but I’m not a fan of it as a given name.

I love Kitri! I’ve seen theories that it was derived from the [name_m]French[/name_m] name Quitterie, which is pronounced similarly. I also think it makes a great nickname for [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]!