Know any little Abels?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! We’re expecting, due in [name_f]May[/name_f] 2015, and one of the top names on our boy list is [name_m]Abel[/name_m]. I love this name a lot, but I keep seeing it appear on lists as a name that’s projected to become very popular (which may/may not influence our choice to use it for a son). I feel like I have a pretty wide circle of young mom friends, but I don’t know anyone who’s used this name. Have you heard it (specifically on young children)? If so, what part of the country? Thanks!

Personally I never met, nor heard of, anyone in real life called [name_m]Abel[/name_m] and I live in [name_u]London[/name_u]. I don’t have a circle of young mum friends, but none of my colleagues at work have a son called [name_m]Abel[/name_m] either.

My son is [name_m]Abel[/name_m] and he is the only baby/kid named [name_m]Abel[/name_m] that I personally know (which is one of the reasons I love the name so much). I have only met 2 other adult Abels in my life (that I can remember).

I only know.a 30-something [name_m]Abel[/name_m]. I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the name. It is in my top 10 if not 5. Short, simple, noble, classic, religious and a word name. [name_u]Love[/name_u] love love. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] you use it! I cant picture it getting crazy popular if that helps. Trending upwards probably.

I’m in Australia and I’ve never met anyone named [name_m]Abel[/name_m].
I’ll be keeping an eye on this post because I really like this name and wonder how it would work on a little boy…

I don’t know any Abels in person, no. The only place I’ve come across it is the Biblical [name_m]Abel[/name_m], or also there was an [name_m]Abel[/name_m] in a book I read once… the association probably isn’t very known ([name_m]Christian[/name_m] horror fiction is a pretty small genre, after all, lol), but if I’m remembering correctly, the [name_m]Abel[/name_m] in the story killed himself in his high school and was rumored to haunt the school or something. I haven’t read the story in a really long time, though, so I very well could be wrong (and I certainly am not trying to put you off the name!). I think I was put off of [name_m]Abel[/name_m] for a while because of that, but it’s been growing on me recently–probably in part (or whole!) by @oliveshoot - I think her son’s name is absolutely charming and adorable!

Thanks all! @funfetti, I think you’re right about it trending upwards. I need to remind myself that “trending upwards” does not mean it will make it to the top ten any time soon. :slight_smile: