Kuno

What are your thoughts on [name_m]Kuno[/name_m] for a boy?

It’s a [name_m]German[/name_m] name meaning ‘clan, family’. I’m still a little unsure if I want to add it to my top names - but it fits what I’m looking for in a name (not too long, very uncommon, not too hard to say) and I can’t really get it out of my head. We live in the US but our last name is very [name_m]German[/name_m]. It would be a brother to [name_m]Emrys[/name_m].

Thanks! :slight_smile:

It sounds super cool, and I love the meaning! [name_m]Kuno[/name_m] and [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] would make the coolest brothers!

I like it. I think it would work well with [name_m]Emrys[/name_m].

I once had a cousin named Kûñîø (passed away) so [name_m]Kuno[/name_m] isn’t outside the realm of possibility for me. Somehow I like [name_m]Kuno[/name_m] more than Kûñîø oddly enough.

[name_m]Kuno[/name_m] is a really cool name! It’s like you described yourself: unique but still easy to spell and say.
Because I’ve studied Ancient Greek for a few years my first asociation when reading [name_m]Kuno[/name_m] somehow was Κυων (Kuon), which means dog. I don’t think that’s a problem though.

[name_m]Kuno[/name_m] is really cool

Yes, I like it! So refreshing to see a name I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone considering before, but which feels cool and simple and wearable. I also think it fits nicely with [name_m]Emrys[/name_m].

This might just be me being oversensitive, but the one thing that would give me pause with [name_m]Kuno[/name_m] is that the 4-letter length and Kun- beginning makes it a little similar to a rude word for female genitalia (both in [name_f]English[/name_f] and Spanish).