L@ine or Delaney?

Which girl name do you prefer - L@ine or [name_u]Del[/name_u]@ney? Big sister names are Kenne3dy and [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]. Would love thoughts!

1 Like

I prefer [name_u]Laine[/name_u]. Much sleeker and more elegant. [name_u]Delaney[/name_u] fells very dated to me personally.

2 Likes

Definitely prefer [name_u]Laine[/name_u].

[name_u]Laine[/name_u] for sure!

1 Like

Definitely [name_u]Laine[/name_u]!

Ooh, this is a tough call for me! [name_u]Delaney[/name_u] doesn’t feel dated to me, possibly because I’ve never met anyone with the name. So I don’t associate it with a particular generation, and I think its sounds actually fit pretty well with a lot of very on-trend names. I think where I’m torn here is that [name_u]Delaney[/name_u] feels more like K3nnedy to me whereas [name_u]Laine[/name_u] seems more like Qu1nn. I love [name_f]Lainey[/name_f] and wonder if it might split the difference? Otherwise, I think I very slightly prefer [name_u]Delaney[/name_u], but both are great options!

I prefer [name_u]Laine[/name_u]! It’s a really sweet choice and it sounds beautiful next to [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u] and [name_u]Quinn[/name_u].

another vote for [name_u]Laine[/name_u]! it’s so pretty, and goes nicely with K & Q!

Definitely a big fan of [name_u]Laine[/name_u]! You still get the cute nickname [name_f]Lainey[/name_f] but I think it’s a bit prettier than [name_u]Delaney[/name_u].

I think with [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u] & [name_u]Quinn[/name_u], I’d go with [name_u]Laine[/name_u].
Although, [name_u]Delaney[/name_u] could be nn [name_u]Laine[/name_u]?

[name_u]Delaney[/name_u]!

I prefer [name_u]Laine[/name_u], but my favourite way to get the nn [name_f]Lainey[/name_f] is [name_f]Elena[/name_f]/[name_f]Elaina[/name_f].

I prefer [name_u]Delaney[/name_u] personally.

Of the two, I prefer [name_u]Laine[/name_u]!

[name_u]Delaney[/name_u]!! I love the flow of it

[name_u]Delaney[/name_u] is my definite choice. I’ve only ever met one. It’s definitely a cool girl name!

Loving all these great comments!

1 Like

I love the name [name_u]Delaney[/name_u] ([name_u]Laine[/name_u] could be a nickname if desired)!

I would say go with [name_u]Delaney[/name_u] and use [name_u]Laine[/name_u] as a nickname.

1 Like

Thanks all! We are leaning towards just. [name_u]Laine[/name_u]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] trying to decide if we use [name_u]Delaney[/name_u] as a formal name and cal her [name_u]Laine[/name_u] or just go with [name_u]Laine[/name_u] and nickname [name_f]Lainey[/name_f].

1 Like