L”le (lee-la)?

Earlier today I came across the name L”le (lee-la) and I’m really loving it. It’s the Irish form of [name]Lily[/name]. I just think it’s really lovely. It’s soft and feminine and best of all, here in the U.S. L”le isn’t in the top 1,000 (at least on the SSA site). It’s similar to [name]Lily[/name] without the mega-popularity.

What do you think? Would there be pronunciation/spelling issues? And what middle names would you pair it with? The only middle I’ve come up with so far is [name]Valentina[/name]. L”le [name]Valentina[/name] is pretty and I like that it has a bit of a lilt to it.

There isn’t much about the name on here, so I’m curious as to what others think of it. (I’m not expecting by the way, I just love names. :))

My daughter is named [name]Lila[/name] (leela) in spanish it means [name]Lilac[/name] flower. There are so many girls named [name]Lila[/name] pronounced [name]Lyla[/name]. I would not use and L names its just too common,

Very pretty!

Reminds me of course of [name]Lila[/name] pn lye-luh, as well.

There is a character named [name]Leela[/name] on Futurama.

I love this! It looks so beautiful.

The name [name]Lila[/name] (pronounced [name]Lee[/name]-la) has been on my list for a while but I love how L”le looks and it matches most of my other fav names which tend to end with the letter “e”.

L”le [name]Valentina[/name] is cute, I like long middles with it - some more ideas:

Continuing the Irish theme -

L”le [name]Nuala[/name]
L”le [name]Breanna[/name]
L”le [name]Fianna[/name]
L”le [name]Talullah[/name]
L”le [name]Bellamy[/name]
L”le [name]Delaney[/name]
L”le [name]Edana[/name]
L”le [name]Finola[/name]

Alliteration -

L”le [name]Lucia[/name]
L”le [name]Louisa[/name]
L”le [name]Leonie[/name]
L”le [name]Lorelei[/name]
L”le [name]Lucienne[/name]

Other -

L”le [name]Francesca[/name]
L”le [name]Gabrielle[/name]
L”le [name]Beatrice[/name]
L”le [name]Noemi[/name]
L”le [name]Felicity[/name]
L”le [name]Josephine[/name]
L”le [name]Jessamine[/name]
L”le [name]Mirabelle[/name]
L”le [name]Penelope[/name]
L”le [name]Gwendolen[/name]
L”le [name]Clementine[/name]
L”le [name]Rhiannon[/name]
L”le [name]Cecily[/name]
L”le [name]Vivienne[/name]
L”le [name]Camille[/name]
L”le [name]Romilly[/name]
L”le [name]Seraphine[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] these help :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts guys!

And ljandrl, thanks for all the suggestions! They’re all great, but my favorites are L”le [name]Bellamy[/name], L”le [name]Lucia[/name], L”le [name]Louisa[/name], L”le, [name]Francesca[/name], L”le [name]Felicity[/name], L”le [name]Josephine[/name], L”le [name]Jessamine[/name], L”le [name]Rhiannon[/name], and L”le [name]Cecily[/name].

I’ve been thinking about L”le [name]Beatrix[/name] and L”le [name]Jessamy[/name].

Thanks again, Berries!