L-names and more!

Can’t get [name]LOUISA[/name] off my mind. [name]Love[/name] it! =)

Is this going to be a trending name in the coming 5 to 10 years, along with other L-names? I fear I’m falling into the lovely [name]Lyla[/name], [name]Lily[/name], [name]Leila[/name], [name]Lola[/name], [name]Lula[/name], [name]Lelia[/name] trap. But they are oh-so-lovely!

Other favorites::: [name]Simone[/name], [name]Josefine[/name], and [name]Pearl[/name].

Opinions anyone?

I can see [name]Louise[/name] getting popular in the next few years, not so much [name]Louisa[/name]. I wouldn’t worry about it now. My favorite name from your list is [name]Pearl[/name].

The classic and timeless [name]Louisa[/name] has not been in the top 1,000 names in the US for the past 25 years so unless someone famous comes along with the name or a major celebrity chooses it for their daughter, I can’t see it becoming a mainstream hit. [name]Even[/name] the Spanish spelling of [name]Luisa[/name] was only 998 in 2006. [name]Louise[/name] was No# 998 in 1991 although I have seen this French version cropping up as a middle name recently on name sites. I think the some of the other -L names you mentioned are in more in danger of overexposure especially [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Lyla[/name]/[name]Lila[/name]. I also love [name]Simone[/name], [name]Josephine[/name] (this spelling) and [name]Pearl[/name].

This is a funny one. I see it constantly on name boards and it seems to come up frequently as a name option when the name topic comes up on the other parenting boards I frequent, but I’ve yet to meet one in real life. I do know a little [name]Elouise[/name] but that’s as close as it gets. So my guess (for what it’s worth) is that even if it makes the top 1000 some time soon, it’s got a long, long way to go before getting really popular, and I really don’t think the sound has the same mainstream appeal as the other “L” names you mentioned. [name]Just[/name] as an example I was just looking up name popularity in our province and last year there were 167 Lilys, 68 Laylas and just 3 Louises and 2 Louisas.

I love [name]Louisa[/name] and I can see it getting popular…The L name I can’t get out of my mind is [name]Lana[/name] and with [name]Lana[/name] [name]Del[/name] [name]Ray[/name] it will probably become popular.

I love [name]Simone[/name] too!