Lachlan nickname

[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Saint[/name_m] [name_u]Clair[/name_u] has just turned 2. He was my surprise third boy. Because of the age difference (I have a 12 and a 9yo) he is often referred to as [name_u]Baby[/name_u]. If you ask him his name, that’s his response—[name_u]Baby[/name_u].
I am very against Locky (or any spelling variation of it) and [name_m]Lock[/name_m] (Lach) isn’t my favorite either. I’m considering [name_u]Lake[/name_u] as a nickname.
What do you think?
I’ve always loved the name [name_u]Lake[/name_u], but it’s never made the final list because [name_u]Lake[/name_u] [name_m]Saint[/name_m] [name_u]Clair[/name_u] sounds like a national park…
Thoughts?

I really like [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] nn [name_u]Lake[/name_u] and I think it’s pretty plausible!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is handsome! [name_u]Lake[/name_u] is kind of cool; I wouldn’t have thought of that. My first thought was ‘[name_m]Lad[/name_m]’. Super cute, huh? :slight_smile:

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!

[name_u]Lake[/name_u] is such a great and unexpected nn!

My first thought for a nn for [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] was “[name_u]Lake[/name_u]”! I think its very cute :slight_smile:

I think [name_u]Lake[/name_u] is a great option! Since you already have a [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] I doubt you’d get to use [name_u]Lake[/name_u] on another child anyway (as it’s quite similar) so this would be the perfect opportunity for you to get to use it!

I immediately thought “Lakey” (rhyming with Jakey.)
[name_u]Lonnie[/name_u] could be another one too.

I think [name_u]Lake[/name_u] is cute. I do see the potential National Landmark kinda feel with the last name, but that’s probably true of most any last name you throw with it. You could also do LJ, given the middle initial

My first thought was [name_u]Lake[/name_u] as well! I think it’s perfect and meant to be.

[name_u]Lanny[/name_u] might also be an option? I know that was a character in [name_f]Lizzy[/name_f] [name_m]McGuire[/name_m] :joy: but it’s pretty cute in my opinion.

If you don’y like Locky, what about [name_m]Rocky[/name_m]?
[name_u]Lake[/name_u] is too girly especially for a baby brother.
Have you asked the older boys for suggestions?
LJ?
Skippy?
Locko?