Lachlan or Lorcan?

See the results of this poll: Lachlan or Lorcan?

Respondents: 67 (This poll is closed)

• Lachlan : 51 (76%)
  • Lorcan: 16 (24%)

I prefer [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] although I see the appeal of both.

I definitely prefer [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]. I don’t find anything wrong with [name_m]Lorcan[/name_m];there’s just something about the ‘orc’ sound in the middle that I personally find kind of unpleasant. However, they are both perfectly good names.

I love [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]! It’s on my list for my baby due next month.

[name_m]Lorcan[/name_m]! I find it much more handsome and uncommon!

I like [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]. I think my problem with [name_m]Lorcan[/name_m] is I don’t really know how to pronounce it? If it sounds the way it does in my head, I don’t see the appeal of it!

Can’t say I’m surprised by the response so far.

@mt_mama I’d say the pronunciation was fairly self explanatory, it sounds as it looks. It’s probably one of the reasons I like it, as an Irish name that’s easy to pronounce but like @sky85 says its also quite uncommon.

@chelsanne22 I’ve never been one to dislike a name because part of it might be unpleasant - like kill in [name_m]Killian[/name_m], for example, another name I love - but I can see why it might bother some people.

Good luck for next month @momoffour!!! and thanks for the response @southern.maple.

[name_m]Lorcan[/name_m] is not bad, but it feels a little [name_f]Star[/name_f] Trek-ky for me.

I’m the minority here I prefer [name_m]Lorcan[/name_m]! [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] always reminds me of the [name_m]Loch[/name_m] ness monster, lol.

Perhaps I should clarify. I don’t dislike it for the same reason people might dislike ‘kill’ in Killian. That doesn’t bother me, either, and I quite like Killian. I find it rather silly when people dismiss a name because there’s a potentially unpleasant word in it. I just don’t enjoy the overall sound of the name. Has nothing to do with a word being in the middle or not. But if you really like it, then go for it. That’s just my particular opinion. =]

[name_m]Ah[/name_m], I see. Yes, sound is very different to appearance. I’ve dismissed many names simply because they just don’t sound good with my accent. Sorry for the confusion. :smiling_face:

I adore both but voted [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]. I prefer the sound more, I think.

I voted for [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] because I like the sound better, but the meaning of [name_m]Lorcan[/name_m] almost won me over! :slight_smile:

I think they’re both nice options. I voted for [name_m]Lorcan[/name_m] because it feels fresher to me - [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] is very popular where I live, and has been quite common for a long time. Of course, that might not be relevant to you :slight_smile: