Laiklee?

My big bro is havin a baby girl! (i think we’re having a baby epedemic here in OKC) He and his wife Amae (pronounced uh-may,not [name]Amy[/name])have narrowed it down to eleven,but need help deciding which is best. That’s where you step in. Your mission–if you choose to accept it–is to pick the bestest,most adorable name on the list. [name]Do[/name] you accept?

Laiklee (pronounced [name]Lake[/name] [name]Lee[/name])Amae
Aprella Joyner
Venture [name]Blake[/name]
[name]Blaise[/name] Amylynn
[name]Amity[/name] [name]Honor[/name]
[name]Rebel[/name] Confederate (my bro has a thing for the civil war…)
[name]Anastasia[/name] Melrose
[name]Anniston[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Antoinette[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Ireland[/name] [name]Miracle[/name]
[name]Albany[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]

personally on some of these names I think they’ve lost their marbles,but it’s their kid and they are in looooove with all of these names. Please please please pick the least horrid. Quite a challenge,I know,but I think you all can do it.
~[name]Bethany[/name] [name]Nichelle[/name]

[name]Anastasia[/name] Melrose and [name]Antoinette[/name] [name]Grace[/name] are cute. Frankly, I find [name]Rebel[/name] Confederate almost offensive – and naming a kid [name]Rebel[/name] is just too pigeonhole-y for me. I dislike the rest.

Good luck to your relatives though – hope they enjoy their baby!

I vote for [name]Amity[/name] [name]Honor[/name] or [name]Antoinette[/name] [name]Grace[/name], both of which are very pretty, feminine names. I’m not a fan of the other choices, except for [name]Isobel[/name]. [name]Amity[/name] [name]Isobel[/name], [name]Antoinette[/name] [name]Isobel[/name], [name]Isobel[/name] [name]Honor[/name], [name]Isobel[/name] [name]Grace[/name], [name]Amity[/name] [name]Grace[/name], and [name]Antoinette[/name] [name]Honor[/name] also work, I think.

[name]Rebel[/name] Confederate is awful and offensive. If I met a child with this name, I would assume the parents were racist.

I had to laugh at your post - “please pick the least horrid”. I know how you feel!

Laiklee (pronounced [name]Lake[/name] [name]Lee[/name])Amae - I think this looks like it should be prounouced like Likely, which is dreadful. If they have to use it (and I do say IF), I would try to push for Lakely.
Aprella Joyner - NO. Joyner like Fytter and Tyrnyr? Ick.
Venture [name]Blake[/name] - I don’t mind these, although Venture reminds me of venture capitalism, which isn’t the best association right now. Would they consider [name]Blake[/name] as a first name? I quite like [name]Blake[/name] Venture.
[name]Blaise[/name] Amylynn - I really like [name]Blaise[/name]. I don’t like Amylynn. But if they dropped the yooneek spelling something like [name]Blaise[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] would be lovely.
[name]Amity[/name] [name]Honor[/name] - [name]Amity[/name] reminds me of the horror films, but I love [name]Honor[/name]. Would they consider [name]Honor[/name] [name]Amity[/name]?
[name]Rebel[/name] Confederate (my bro has a thing for the civil war…) - no, no, no, no, no.
[name]Anastasia[/name] Melrose - And suddenly, a winner. I [name]LOVE[/name] this. Really, really, love it. [name]Anastasia[/name] is beautiful, and I [name]LOVE[/name] Melrose as a middle name. This one!!!
[name]Anniston[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name] - I am not crazy about [name]Anniston[/name], but it’s not bad.
[name]Antoinette[/name] [name]Grace[/name] - also very pretty, but suddenly seems a bit mainstream for them.
[name]Ireland[/name] [name]Miracle[/name] - I don’t like the mn, but if it’s meaningful, that could be lovely. I love [name]Ireland[/name] as a first name.
[name]Albany[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] - also really like this one! [name]Alba[/name] is a very cute nn.

My first vote is definitely [name]Anastasia[/name] Melrose, and then [name]Albany[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] followed by [name]Ireland[/name] with a different mn.

GOOD [name]LUCK[/name]!

I vote for [name]Amity[/name] [name]Honor[/name] all the way, I think it’s absolutely lovely. But [name]Antoinette[/name] and [name]Anastasia[/name] are nice too! :slight_smile:

Some are a little…eh. But there are some quirky, cute ones. Laiklee(what is that??), Aprella, Venture, and [name]Blaise[/name] are definitely out for me. Though Venture has a nice ring to it, I’m not sure it works as a name. Oh. And I just moved down the list to…[name]Rebel[/name]. Please, please be joking. Please. [name]Amity[/name] is pretty, but not with [name]Honor[/name]. [name]Anastasia[/name] Melrose…eh, I’ll take it. I love [name]Anastasia[/name], so Melrose I’ll try to ignore. [name]Seraphina[/name] is gorgeous, but [name]Anniston[/name] is horrid. I’ve been playing around with [name]Anna[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name], do you think they’ll like that? Its like [name]Anna[/name] [name]Sophia[/name], but more exotic. [name]Ireland[/name] and [name]Albany[/name] are out. [name]Antoinette[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is alright, but the fn seems a bit too frilly. [name]Antonia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is quite pretty.

Over all, I must say their names need a little work. I can live with [name]Amity[/name] and perhaps [name]Anastasia[/name], but the rest are out.

thanks for your input. i feel the need to tell you that these are the BEST names they had. some of the…more peculiar ones included Vixen,Porche,Bander,Aphordite, and [name]Farmer[/name]. yes,they were that bad. I take pride in swaying them from something as horrid as Vixen Phospherone (which they ACTUALLY considered shudder).once again,thanks for your input. i personally think the most disturbing part of this is–not the names–but the fact that just a few months ago my mother said SHE was having twins,so my niece will be born a teeny bit earlier than my little bro and sis (who you also helped name [[name]Lolita[/name] and [name]Cruz[/name]]) I have a feeling that family reunions are about to take a veery bad turn here in a few months.
~[name]Bethany[/name] [name]Nichelle[/name]

Laiklee (pronounced [name]Lake[/name] [name]Lee[/name]) Amae - the sound is nice, the spelling is…not. Lakeley would be OK, but the simple [name]Lake[/name] is best. Amae is fine if it’s after Mom, but not a name I’d rush to use otherwise.

Aprella Joyner - there are so many ways to make [name]April[/name] more palatable that aren’t as hopeless as this. [name]Avril[/name]? [name]Averil[/name]? Heck, even [name]Spring[/name]. Joyner is fine if a family name, otherwise, better to go with [name]Joy[/name] or something else that means joy.

Venture [name]Blake[/name] - makes me think of venture capital–an awfully mercenary name to give to a baby. [name]Blake[/name] is fine.

[name]Blaise[/name] Amylynn - [name]Blaise[/name] is nice; Amylynn is an awfully awkward combination. [name]Blaise[/name] [name]Maline[/name] or [name]Blaise[/name] [name]Lynette[/name], maybe.

[name]Amity[/name] [name]Honor[/name] - a lot of virtue tucked into one combo. [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Honor[/name] has a similar feel without the message “WE ARE TRYING TO GET THIS CHILD TO BE A GOOD [name]PERSON[/name]” coming across quite so strong…

[name]Rebel[/name] Confederate (my bro has a thing for the civil war…) - NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO.

[name]Anastasia[/name] Melrose - The one time I’d suggest [name]Rose[/name] as an improved option for a middle name…

[name]Anniston[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name] - God, I hope [name]Anniston[/name] isn’t going to be the new [name]Addison[/name]. [name]Seraphina[/name] is very pretty, though.

[name]Antoinette[/name] [name]Grace[/name] - I like [name]Antonia[/name] better, but this is fine.

[name]Ireland[/name] [name]Miracle[/name] - [name]Ireland[/name] is kind of neat and unconventional, but I think it’s best paired with something more traditional. Not a bad place to put [name]Honor[/name], actually. [name]Miracle[/name] is just so over-the-top as a word name.

[name]Albany[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] - finally, one I can endorse without reservations! Well, maybe a small one–a lot of people will see [name]Albany[/name] as evidence that the bottom of the place-name barrel has been well and truly scraped, but I think it has a cool, offbeat feel to it.

Some possible combos:

[name]Averil[/name] [name]Blake[/name]
[name]Blaise[/name] [name]Maline[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Blaise[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Honor[/name]
[name]Anastasia[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Anastasia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name] [name]Lake[/name]
[name]Ireland[/name] [name]Antonia[/name]
[name]Ireland[/name] [name]Honor[/name]

Laiklee (pronounced [name]Lake[/name] [name]Lee[/name])Amae: Laiklee is the poster child for yooneek names, so I’ll keep reading the list for my favorite. :slight_smile:

[name]Do[/name] they like [name]Blakely[/name]? [name]Berkeley[/name]?

Aprella Joyner: I’ll pass on this one…

[name]Do[/name] they like [name]Averil[/name]?

Venture [name]Blake[/name]: Venture is too out there for me, but on the bright side, [name]Blake[/name] is a normal name! :slight_smile:

[name]Blaise[/name] Amylynn: [name]Blaise[/name] is all boy to me, and Amylynn looks very y heavy to me…

[name]Amity[/name] [name]Honor[/name]: I think of Amityville Horror, but so far, this one has my vote! :slight_smile:

[name]Rebel[/name] Confederate (my bro has a thing for the civil war…): This name is so wrong to me on so many levels…

[name]Anastasia[/name] Melrose: Aha! I like this one!

They may also like:

[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Evelina[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Mariana[/name]
[name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Viviana[/name]

[name]Anniston[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name]: I only think of [name]Jennifer[/name] Aniston, but I like [name]Seraphina[/name].

[name]Antoinette[/name] [name]Grace[/name]: I think of [name]Marie[/name], but I do think it’s a pretty name…

[name]Ireland[/name] [name]Miracle[/name]: Pass…

[name]Albany[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]: Out of their more offbeat names, this one is my favorite.

The names that didn’t make may say, “Huh?” out loud: [name]Amity[/name] [name]Honor[/name], [name]Anastasia[/name] Melrose, and [name]Antoinette[/name] [name]Grace[/name]. From the unusual batch, I liked [name]Albany[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]. :slight_smile:

I think it’s so cool that so many new babies are entering your life! :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you and your family! :slight_smile:

Vixen Phospherone? WOW. I think you deserve a special award as an ambassador of good taste for dissuading them from this one and the others you mention! And I’m sure your new brother and sister and neice will thank you one day too.

Sorry for repeat ideas…I’m posting before reading others responses…

Laiklee (pronounced [name]Lake[/name] [name]Lee[/name])Amae - seems very trendy and “made up”
Aprella Joyner - I just see the word “umbrella”
Venture [name]Blake[/name] - not bad
[name]Blaise[/name] Amylynn - that middle name freaks my brain out, and blaise feels “boyish” to me
[name]Amity[/name] [name]Honor[/name] - I really don’t like this one. With [name]Amity[/name] all I can think of is Amityville Horror…then you bring in the name [name]Honor[/name] and it just LOOKS like horror and makes it much worse
[name]Rebel[/name] Confederate (my bro has a thing for the civil war…) - This is awful…I think you might as well name her “slave”…
[name]Anastasia[/name] Melrose - not a fan of [name]Anastasia[/name], but at least its a real name… My top pick so far…
[name]Anniston[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name] - Quite the celebrity name…not awful, though.
[name]Antoinette[/name] [name]Grace[/name] - now my top pick
[name]Ireland[/name] [name]Miracle[/name] - not a fan…
[name]Albany[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] - okay…

I have to say I chuckled my way through a lot of the comments here.

“No. No. No. No. No… etc etc” But what do you really think?

Finding [name]Anastasia[/name] in the middle of all this is pretty stunning. [name]Amity[/name] does have the horror association but otherwise is a pretty name with a lovely meaning – but why turn it into a joke by pairing it with [name]Honor[/name]?

It’s all been said. Keep us posted. And thanks for adding smarts, humor, and brightness to a rainy [name]Monday[/name], nameberryites…

Laiklee (pronounced [name]Lake[/name] [name]Lee[/name])Amae
[name]Anastasia[/name] Melrose
[name]Anniston[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Antoinette[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Ireland[/name] [name]Miracle[/name]
[name]Albany[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]

okay,so we got rid of the main ones I was iffy on…these are the top,and once again I have saved my niece from disaster by strategically deleting the most horrible and keeping my brother away from the name Poison [name]Ivy[/name]. they’ll all thank me one day.

Poison [name]Ivy[/name]? Seriously?! Whoa!

They may also like:

Unabomber Kaczynski
Rancid Melon
Xanadu Lactose
Snuffaluffagus Giblets
Ma’[name]Little[/name] Pony

([name]Just[/name] kidding, just kidding…) :slight_smile: I think it’s great that they’re trying to find something distinctive for their baby girl, and think you’ve done a great job in advocating for your niece!

Laiklee Amae: Laiklee is too yooneek for me, and I honestly can’t picture it on a professional adult.
[name]Anastasia[/name] Melrose: I think this is beautiful…
[name]Anniston[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name]: I love [name]Seraphina[/name], but can’t understand the appeal of [name]Anniston[/name].
[name]Antoinette[/name] [name]Grace[/name]: I think [name]Antoinette[/name] is very pretty…
[name]Ireland[/name] [name]Miracle[/name]: It sounds like the baby is an Irish miracle, so I prefer some of the other choices.
[name]Albany[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]: Of the place names, I prefer this one to [name]Ireland[/name] [name]Miracle[/name].

I’m going to vote for [name]Anastasia[/name] Melrose, with [name]Antoinette[/name] in second place. :slight_smile: I really love [name]Anastasia[/name], and appreciate the offbeat Melrose, too.

Take care! :slight_smile:

[name]Jill[/name] LOL i love your names!

Laiklee (pronounced [name]Lake[/name] [name]Lee[/name])Amae- I like, not my style but its pretty
Aprella Joyner- Not crazy bout the middle name, or the first for that matter, sorry
Venture [name]Blake[/name]- This isnt so bad
[name]Blaise[/name] Amylynn- Why not Amylynn [name]Blaise[/name]?
[name]Amity[/name] [name]Honor[/name]- OK please do not let him use this! When i first read i actually thought it said Amitiy Horror, like the [name]Amity[/name] Ville Horror.
[name]Rebel[/name] Confederate- This is just wrong, im sorry but i think most people will find this offensive. This goes back to the topic of “SLAVE” for me
[name]Anastasia[/name] Melrose- This is ok. Im not crazy about melrose though
[name]Anniston[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name]- so far this is the best.
[name]Antoinette[/name] [name]Grace[/name]- ok i like this one.
[name]Ireland[/name] [name]Miracle[/name]- Hmmm not to bad
[name]Albany[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] - this is another one that isnt bad but isnt good either.

[name]Anastasia[/name] Melrose, [name]Anniston[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name], and [name]Antionette[/name] [name]Grace[/name] are the best. [name]Anastasia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] would be the ultimaye best choice

Haha…Thanks, [name]Meryl[/name]. I had a little too much fun. :slight_smile:

[name]Anastasia[/name] Melrose and [name]Antoinette[/name] [name]Grace[/name] are the best options by far, in my opinion. They are both pretty, feminine and unusual yet still classic, not ‘invented’, and will work equally well on an adult as on a child.

I like [name]Amity[/name] a lot for it’s meaning, but paired with [name]Honor[/name] it’s a bit much. Still, I like it more than most of their ideas. [name]Anastasia[/name] Melrose is pretty and [name]Antoinette[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is nice too. I am not crazy about Laiklee. It looks really invented. I agree with someone else who said it might be helped a little by a different spelling. Laikley or Lakely look a little bit better to me. [name]Blaise[/name] is best for a boy. Venture [name]Blake[/name] sounds like a boy. Aprella sounds awkward and made up and reminds me of [name]Barbarella[/name] and [name]Cinderella[/name]. [name]Ireland[/name] [name]Miracle[/name] seems a bit cheesy to me. [name]Rebel[/name] Confederate is awful. Since he’s a civil war buff maybe he should find out what female names were popular at that time for ideas. [name]Anniston[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name] is okay but I agree with someone else’s suggetion of [name]Anna[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name] (beautiful). I’m not crazy about [name]Albany[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name]. Maybe they would like the name [name]Ainsley[/name]

what about [name]BLAKELY[/name]: )