Larissa -v- Laurissa

Which do you prefer? What do you think of the name as a whole?

Definitely [name_f]Larissa[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Laurissa[/name_f] would be misheard/misspelt as [name_f]Larissa[/name_f] a lot of the time anyway.

[name_f]Laurissa[/name_f] looks like you’ve misspelled [name_f]Larissa[/name_f]. Definitely [name_f]Larissa[/name_f]

I prefer [name_f]Larissa[/name_f] to [name_f]Laurissa[/name_f] and [name_f]Larisa[/name_f] to [name_f]Larissa[/name_f].

Definitely [name_f]Larissa[/name_f]. The other one just looks wrong.

^ what @handsallover said

Definitely [name_f]Larissa[/name_f]

I would go with [name_f]Larissa[/name_f]. I’ve never heard of it spelled [name_f]Laurissa[/name_f]. I had 2 [name_f]Larissa[/name_f]'s in my class. Both were my very good friends :slight_smile:

I prefer [name_f]Larissa[/name_f]. It’s an established name with a long history.

I am so glad you asked!

Definitely go for [name_f]Larissa[/name_f] of the two. It combines beauty, versatility, uniqueness, and familiarity. There are a few nice nicknames you could use if you so choose. It’s easily pronounced as well. I think it’s a great name, one that stands out from a boatload of [name_f]Marissa[/name_f]'s and [name_f]Alyssa[/name_f]'s.

Why yes, I am incredibly biased! :smiley:

I could see it spelled [name_f]Lorissa[/name_f] if that’s more the pronunciation you want, otherwise [name_f]Larissa[/name_f] is pretty without the confusion. As a whole, I feel like -issa names are a little dated right, mostly because [name_f]Melissa[/name_f] was so popular in the 80s/90s that now it’s a mom name. But [name_f]Larissa[/name_f] is definitely not overused, so it sounds fresh.

It depends on the pronunciation you want but I much prefer [name_f]Larissa[/name_f].

Definitely [name_f]Larissa[/name_f]. In most cases I prefer the ‘au’ (in names such as [name_f]Laurena[/name_f] and [name_f]Laurette[/name_f]), but in this one it just looks wrong.