Lark Juliet MarySomething- is it possible?

I pondered attaching this to my old thread, so sorry to be a board clutterer, but I decided I had a different question I wanted advice on :slight_smile:
More about the third slot middle name.

I polled, Maryweld won. [name]Pam[/name] doesn’t like Maryweld and points out the obvious that [name]Lark[/name] is naturey enough :slight_smile: Plus, DH isn’t sold. Since he picked [name]Lark[/name], I get free choice at mns, but still, if there’s one he’s happy with, that’s a good thing, too.

So I’m pondering. First criteria, I want to use a [name]Mary[/name] name. A tradition I would like my daughter to be part of. Second, I had decided on [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] someMaryname, but I’m flexible. Have ruled out [name]Aster[/name] in favor of family traditions/honor- decided that was more important.

Let me add some more history. My father had a twin sister who died at birth; [name]Beth[/name]-[name]Elise[/name] [name]Louise[/name] (a cutesy way of cutting up [name]ELizabeth[/name]). I’ve always wanted to use [name]Beth[/name] to honor her, but DH doesn’t like [name]Beth[/name]. I thought [name]Marybeth[/name] was an okay solution (DH is fine with [name]Beth[/name] in the middle), but I don’t love [name]Marybeth[/name] and something about the flow is off.

Tonight, I realized I had never considered using [name]Elise[/name] or [name]Louise[/name]. I’m not sure why. So, now I am.

In my family, [name]Elise[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] have already been used. [name]Elizabeth[/name] has been used three times. [name]Elise[/name] once and also [name]Elysa[/name]. That’s not to say I couldn’t use them, but maybe there’s something with [name]Louise[/name]? [name]Louise[/name] hasn’t been touched at all.

First- Can [name]Marylouise[/name] be a singular name?

Second- is [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Marylouise[/name] [name]Jackson[/name] too much? I kind of like the way it rolls of my tongue.

Third, she’s already sort of [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] in my heart, but I could consider dropping [name]Juliet[/name] for [name]Lark[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Louise[/name] if the overwhelming opinion is that’s a better choice.
Would also consider moving [name]Lark[/name] to a middle spot formally, but that’s what we’re calling her, so I’m thinking that’s more headache than it might be worth (that said, we’re also calling her [name]Jules[/name] sometimes)

I realize I might be overthinking all of this (I kinda come here to post when I’m overthinking! :-P). I’m a bit sad she was named [name]Lark[/name] instead of [name]Juliet[/name], because it is hard to consider I might have to give up either the name I love ([name]Juliet[/name]), a tradition I want her to be part of ([name]Mary[/name]) or a family member I REALLY want to honor ([name]Beth[/name] [name]Elise[/name] [name]Louise[/name]). I feel like there’s got to be a way to make it all work…

BUT- I’m not really sad, because she IS [name]Lark[/name], I’m just trying to see if you namegeniuses can find a way for me to fit in everything I want.
Is it possible?

If not, I’m going to go back to the other thread and the great lists of [name]Mary[/name] names you all made for me and pick one of those.

[name]Hi[/name] there glad to hear from you. I hope that you are feeling much better now.

This is what I think.

I think that you need to have a [name]Mary[/name] name in your combo. I believe it should be a simple [name]Mary[/name] name and that [name]Mary[/name] [name]Louise[/name] is too much name.

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Marion[/name] [name]Juliet[/name], I like this [name]Marion[/name] in your combo, ([name]Jessica[/name] [name]Parker[/name] has a twin with this name but that will deter you from using it I suppose), so can you put it on your list for a minute to see if it works for you?

I had to put [name]Marion[/name] in the middle to get the flow.

[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Marion[/name] [name]Lark[/name] works too, as you said it doesn’t matter what order that the names are because she is [name]Lark[/name] anyway.

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Mariella[/name] [name]Juliet[/name], very pretty but is it too frilly for you?

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Juliet[/name], there is no doubt this flows and is I believe your favourite combo?

However that doesnt fix the [name]Beth[/name] angle. I have got it! The initials spell B.E.L. or in other words [name]Belle[/name] which is one of my favourite names (because my beautiful granddaughter has this name her combo is [name]Belle[/name] [name]Maree[/name] which flows beautifully and sounds like one name too.

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Belle[/name] [name]Maree[/name] it flows better as [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Belle[/name] [name]Maree[/name] but it is a big name.

If I have anymore ideas I will post again.

Best wishes and please let me know if I have got anywhere near the mark.

[name]Rollo[/name], you’re always such a thoughtful help. thank you.

[name]Miriam[/name] was my original fav, yes, however, I don’t think it works at all with [name]Lark[/name]. Something about it is way too dark and serious for the happy, light [name]Lark[/name]. That’s why I’m looking for others. (I loved [name]Miriam[/name] enough to give up honoring [name]Beth[/name]- I don’t, however, love any of the other forms of [name]Mary[/name] that come to mind enough…)

You have my name taste pinned by now-yes, [name]Mariella[/name] is too frilly for my tastes.

I want to like [name]Marion[/name], but all I can think of is [name]Marion[/name] [name]Barry[/name] (a US politician), so the name feels very masculine to me.

hm, Maybe [name]Maree[/name]? I’m [name]Marie[/name], but, if I’m correct [name]Maree[/name] is a different name, so would follow the tradition of a different form of [name]Mary[/name] for all of us. Or is it just a spelling varient of [name]Marie[/name]?

I’m not sure I’m into the initial thing, it has always seemed too abstract to be a real honor, JMHO.

Thank you again for your help. I’m going to go back to the thread in which you posted a ton of [name]Mary[/name] names and have another look.

Also, I do think I’m developing quite the name crush on
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Marylouise[/name].

Also still loving
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] Maryweld. (tho, in the back of my head, I remember that [name]Pam[/name] didn’t like it and I cringe a little bit :-P)

Everyone- Is [name]Marylouise[/name] REALLY too much? I love how it rolls of my tongue and I love that it honors both our [name]Mary[/name] tradition and [name]Beth[/name]…Quick! someone talk me out of it if it needs to be talked out of! :slight_smile:

I almost love it enough to give up [name]Juliet[/name] and just have [name]Lark[/name] [name]Marylouise[/name]… though, just those two are kinda bad, right???

So, this is assuming I’d have to give up honoring [name]Beth[/name] and I’m still holding out to find a [name]Mary[/name]-beth-elise-louise combo that fits my heart’s every torn desire.

Originally, I had resigned myself to giving up honoring [name]Beth[/name], hoping to save it for future daughters. However, sadly, given my health complications I won’t bear any more daughters- though, we may adopt someday… but, I digress…

Our original choice of [name]Mary[/name] was [name]Miriam[/name], but it just doesn’t work with [name]Lark[/name]. So [name]Miriam[/name] is out, because [name]Lark[/name] she stays.

I’m considering forms of [name]Mary[/name] that have been suggested to go with my little [name]Lark[/name] Juliet___ (or [name]Juliet[/name] ___ [name]Lark[/name]?)

[name]Pam[/name] kindly suggested [name]Marielle[/name], [name]Maria[/name], [name]Marin[/name], [name]Marietta[/name]
Can’t use [name]Maria[/name], as has already been used (the tradition is to use a different form of [name]Mary[/name])

[name]Marielle[/name] and [name]Marietta[/name] are much too frilly for my tastes, although, I wonder if the suggestion was implying a longer, flowing name?

[name]Marin[/name]. I don’t know. I’m lukewarm about [name]Marin[/name], especially the flow of [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Marin[/name].

From others’ lists…
adore [name]Mariah[/name]. However, it happens to be the name of DH’s ex. Completely off limits.
maybe [name]Maree[/name]
like [name]Marigold[/name], but, again, two nature names, and, if I’m picking nature names, I’ll go with Maryweld.

I did, however, come across [name]Mairwen[/name]… a form of [name]Miriam[/name] according to NB (!!!) Can someone pronounce this name for me? I’m not good with Welsh pn and don’t want to imagine it in my head as different than it is. Other sites list it as a combo of Welsh [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Gwen[/name]. lovely.
Also, simply [name]Mair[/name]- a version of [name]Marie[/name]/[name]Mary[/name]. lovely. I’m pn it "Mire… My-ur- how off am I?)

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Mairwen[/name]?
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Mair[/name]?

Besides [name]Marylouise[/name], Maryweld, and now possibly [name]Mairwen[/name]/[name]Mair[/name], nothing else speaks to me. [name]Mary[/name] names are hard.

Mariwether? Maryaster? ha. getting kre8tv and sleepy here…

She’s going to have the most carefully thought out baby name ever. At least that’s what I’m going to tell her. LOL.

Okay. That’s tonight. I wish you all well. Thanks for reading my late night rambling. Between health problems and two kiddos and the holidays, I find it hard to find a quiet time to think on her name. Certainly, there’s no one left [name]IRL[/name] for me to bounce ideas off of. Thanks for being a sounding board for me.

I’m still secretly hoping that somebody will give me a stamp of approval for [name]Marylouise[/name] or that [name]Pam[/name] will have a change of heart about Maryweld :stuck_out_tongue:

I did a little research and found

M”ire Irish, “Form of [name]Mary[/name]”

Though it sounds French, M”ire is how you spell [name]Mary[/name] in the Irish language.

[name]Do[/name] you like this form of [name]Mary[/name]? I think it looks lovely.

PS Re [name]Marie[/name]/[name]Maree[/name] there is a different pronunciation but most will confuse [name]Maree[/name] and pronounce as [name]Marie[/name], with [name]Maree[/name] I say something like Muh ree, quick on the first syllable long on the ree part.

So you’re really just looking for a name related to [name]Mary[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name] (or [name]Louise[/name]) that isn’t [name]Mary[/name] or [name]Elisabeth[/name] (or [name]Louise[/name]) or a nature name?

I might be able to help with that!! ^^
Let’s start with [name]Elizabeth[/name] since I have some unique knowledge in that…
An old Norse form of [name]Elizabeth[/name] is Ellisiv/[name]Ellisif[/name]. I really love that one! [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] Ellisiv would do fine!
Other than that, my favourite forms of [name]Elizabeth[/name] is [name]Liesel[/name] and [name]Elspeth[/name]. Did you consider any of those? [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name] is particularly lovely, but [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Liesel[/name] is also nice…
Also, the blog Legitimate baby names has featured [name]Elizabeth[/name] listing all forms in the world (I think) by origin!
here’s a link –> Elisabeth, Elizabeth | Legitimate Baby Names

The Slovene [name]Elica[/name], pronounced eh-LEET-sah is fabulous, and the whole list of Medieval forms is truly fascinating! Go check it out, maybe you’ll find a way of honouring [name]Beth[/name]!

[name]Louise[/name] is also lovely, but [name]Louisa[/name] is perhaps slightly lovelier? In Norway a very common form is [name]Lovise[/name]/[name]Lovisa[/name], maybe that has appeal? Also, looking into [name]Louise[/name] I find [name]Marylou[/name] which isn’t [name]Marylouise[/name] but has the same principal. Also the more interesting Marloes pronounced MAHR-loos. Loos is a form of [name]Louise[/name] via [name]Ludwig[/name], which [name]Louis[/name] is the French form of and thus related to [name]Louise[/name]! [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] Marloes?
There’s also [name]Marisa[/name]/[name]Marissa[/name] which is a Spanish combination of [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Louise[/name]. [name]Marisa[/name] is in fact lovely! [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Marisa[/name]?

Trying to find an interesting Norse form of [name]Mary[/name] I come across [name]Marianne[/name]… Okay, that’s not very interesting, in fact there are no interesting Norse forms of [name]Mary[/name], we’ve always used [name]Maria[/name]. [name]Marianne[/name] however has been well used in Norway and before you reject it, take a minute to think about it. [name]Marianne[/name].
I first reconsidered [name]Marianne[/name] when I listened to [name]Tori[/name] [name]Amos[/name]’ song [name]Marianne[/name]… I soon came to love [name]Marianne[/name], and I think maybe others could as well! [name]Marianne[/name]. [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Marianne[/name]. Or maybe [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Marianna[/name] to be more interesting…

I also found [name]Marlin[/name], not so interesting to me, but maybe to you?
Somehow I’m reminded of [name]Manon[/name]. the pretty French form of [name]Marie[/name]/[name]Mary[/name]. [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Manon[/name] is lovely!

Also, [name]Moira[/name] and [name]Mairi[/name]. [name]Both[/name] infinitely more interesting than [name]Mary[/name]. [name]Moira[/name] is my favourite! [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Moira[/name]!

That said, I still love Maryweld like you, and if you can’t get it out of your mind I say who cares what [name]Pam[/name] thinks!!! Maryweld is fabulous sounding, and you should allow yourself to be rebellious when it comes to such a beautiful name!! Honestly!!
Also [name]Marylouise[/name] is a lot, but maybe not too much… :slight_smile:

And that’s really all i have time for, I need to cross the country by train in an hour XD

All my best of luck in finding the perfect name, I know you’ll find a wonderful one!!! <3

[name]Even[/name] I am with dearest: Who cares what [name]Pam[/name] thinks! Honestly, if you love Maryweld, you should use it and NOBODY’S opinion should matter! I feel like I’ve told this story a million times, but I insisted my older son’s first name be [name]Joseph[/name] and told my husband he could pick any middle name he wanted…and he picked [name]Leopold[/name]! I was kind of horrified at the time but my son loves it and even I have grown to love it! So if my own husband didn’t care what I thought, why should you?

I also like [name]Marylouise[/name] and I think everyone else, especially dearest, have some fabulous new ideas playing off the [name]Mary[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], and [name]Louise[/name] themes. [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] is just so lovely (and is lovely as [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Lark[/name] too) that I am certain you are going to arrive at a really gorgeous, meaningful, and distinctive choice…and I can’t wait to hear what it is!!!

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] Maryweld
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Lark[/name] Maryweld

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Marian[/name] (with an “a” in it)
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Marian[/name]

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Mireille[/name] (meer-AY)
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Mireille[/name]

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Bettina[/name] - similar to [name]Beth[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Bettina[/name]

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Magdalena[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Magdalena[/name]

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Marianna[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Marianna[/name]

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Heloise[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Heloise[/name]

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Marylou[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Marylou[/name]

[name]Marylouise[/name] feels like too much name for me. But if you love it, go for it. I prefer Maryweld. Maryweld is an unusual name, and has a ton of character. [name]Do[/name] you love [name]Marylou[/name]? It is dated, but in a fun kitsch way that is headed for cool in my opinion.

i just have to chime in and say how much i love maryweld!!! and i think it works fine with lark juliet. lark is an obvious nature-y name, but how many people are actually going to know the meaning of maryweld? it doesn’t come across as an overly obvious nature name to me. i hope this doesn’t completely dissuade you from maryweld, but to me the name is very “fairy godmother-ly”. like a character out of a disney movie or something. i think its just so unique and special and magical!

Well, to weigh in again with my 2 Cents ”

If you want to combine a [name]Mary[/name] name with a name to honor [name]Beth[/name]-[name]Elise[/name] [name]Louise[/name], my favorite by far is [name]Marylou[/name]. I love it. It”s real, doesn”t feel forced, vintage, cute.

Otherwise, I would NOT try to combine [name]Beth[/name]-[name]Elise[/name] [name]Louise[/name] and a [name]Mary[/name] name, but simply choose 2 middles separately for each of these categories.

Does [name]Lark[/name] definitely have to be one of [name]Lark[/name]”s ”official” names? I know for a while there was talk of calling [name]Lark[/name] ”[name]Lark[/name]” but not actually naming her ”[name]Lark[/name]” ” having ”[name]Lark[/name]” be [name]Lark[/name]”s pet-name. But since your DH named her ”[name]Lark[/name]”, you probably don”t want to take it out of her official name.

I know DH officially picked ”[name]Lark[/name]”, but way back when, you were the one dying to name your baby ”[name]Lark[/name]” and DH wanted ”[name]Thea[/name]”, and that was the big debate. Seems he chose ”[name]Lark[/name]” in the end out of his love for you, not because he somehow prevailed in the naming game. So, yes, I agree, he should be happy with the middle names, too. So, BTW, what are DH”s top picks for middles? You haven”t mentioned if he has come up with any of his own suggestions?

Also, have you considered [name]Merry[/name] as your [name]Mary[/name] variant? [name]Merry[/name] could give you that happy meaning you”ve been looking for.

OK, some suggestions

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Marylou[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Marylou[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Marylou[/name]

Seems like the above 3 combos would fit all your criteria.

More suggestions …

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Louise[/name] Maryweld (love the alliteration)
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Louise[/name] [name]Marybeth[/name] (ditto)
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Louise[/name] [name]Maryjane[/name] (ditto, [name]Maryjane[/name] to honor [name]Juliet[/name])

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Beth[/name]-[name]Elise[/name] [name]Mary[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Beth[/name]-[name]Elise[/name] [name]Mary[/name] (”[name]Lark[/name]”)

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Marylou[/name]
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Mary[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Mary[/name] (”[name]Lark[/name]”)

[name]Louise[/name] [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Kay[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] (”[name]Lark[/name]”) ” you can almost pull the ”[name]Lark[/name]” from the initials/sounds in [name]Louise[/name] [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Kay[/name]
[name]Louise[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] (“[name]Lark[/name]”)
[name]Louise[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] Maryweld (”[name]Lark[/name]”)
[name]Louise[/name] [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Louise[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Lark[/name]

[name]Louisa[/name] Maryweld [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Maryjane[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] (love the alliteration) (”[name]Lark[/name]”)
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Mary[/name] (”[name]Lark[/name]”)

Good luck.

The name Marliese (or Marlis) is a [name]German[/name] smush of [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Elisabeth[/name]-- it seems like it’s a perfect way to honor both sides of the family.
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] Marliese sounds really nice.

Babygrey, it’s so good to see a post from you again!

(I haven’t read any of the other posts, so I’m sorry for any repeat ideas et cetera.)

Firstly, I adore both [name]Lark[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] - what brilliant choices! I also adore [name]Miriam[/name], which I know you were considering before to fit the [name]Mary[/name] requirement. As for [name]Marylouise[/name], I quite like the sound. I’m British, and for me it conjurs up quaint ideas of Southern states. That said, I personally think that it looks a bit of a mash when all one name - I may be in the minority on here, but I actually think it would be entirely forgivable to give little [name]Lark[/name] three middle names in order to honour a family member. Middle names don’t really get used much, anyway, and I doubt people would think you pretentious, as the names have meaning behind them.

I know that it is probably a bad idea to save up names for possible future children, too, but might you consider, if you are planning a third child one day (I know you were talking about naming a son [name]Asher[/name]), saving [name]Louise[/name] to use then? [name]Even[/name] if you have a boy, you could use [name]Louis[/name] …

Good luck!

I have to agree with a previous poster in suggesting that you take [name]Lark[/name] out of her formal name, and let it just be what the family calls her. (At this point, it’s not the formal first name that anyone actually wanted, and it seems much more like a term of endearment than her name - she will always be your [name]Lark[/name], but don’t let that stand in the way of getting this baby named!).

That said, the obvious first name choice at this point is [name]Juliet[/name] because you’ve clearly fallen in love with it, and really, there’s absolutely nothing negative to be said about it. It also sounds lovely with [name]Miriam[/name], your original first choice middle name, which really doesn’t deserve to fall by the wayside.

So [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] ______ [name]Jackson[/name] leaves you room for a second middle name, where you can honor [name]Beth[/name]-[name]Elise[/name] [name]Louise[/name].

My vote for the full name is [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Louise[/name] [name]Jackson[/name] (nn [name]Lark[/name])! I think it’s perfect.

I’m going to disagree with some pps. Getting to a first name has taken a lot of effort. I think [name]Lark[/name] is her name, and I would use it as her first name. I’d also include [name]Juliet[/name], because you love it, and because it’s more mainstream. For the third name, I would go with [name]Marybeth[/name]. It honours everyone you’d like to honour, and it includes [name]Beth[/name], which you’ve also always been drawn to. I think the flow of the three works better than [name]Marylouise[/name] or [name]Marylou[/name]. And I think it would be a great pity to lose the [name]Mary[/name] connection and not honour the people you’d like to. So I vote [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Marybeth[/name] [name]Jackson[/name].
I hope you are recovering well!

What about [name]Mara[/name] ?

I personally like Maryweld quiite a bit.

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] is so pretty! I wouldn’t drop the [name]Juliet[/name] - especially because it sounds as if you are quite attached to it - and who can blame you?

As for the [name]Mary[/name] situation, if you like [name]Marylouise[/name], I would say go for it. Same with Maryweld. [name]Just[/name] don’t drop the [name]Juliet[/name]!

I have been catching up - so glad to hear back from you babygrey. As soon as you said her name was [name]Lark[/name], I felt like it was her name as much as any name could be, despite my earlier lengthy essays opposing the name! It is really true, that when the name gets applied to someone for real, you just start to see it differently than when it is just hypothetical. I felt it immediately that whatever I had already said was very conservative and wrong-headed, and I like hearing that that is someone’s name. [name]Just[/name] like [name]Pam[/name] said (well [name]Pam[/name]'s an authority on the subject), listen to advice, but you don’t have to take it and it still works out just how you designed it.

That said, I don’t feel too warm about Maryweld. It seems more like a last name than a real form of [name]Mary[/name], and sort of awkward. I do like [name]Mary[/name] [name]Louise[/name], very very much, but think that [name]Marylouise[/name] is a bit bulky, like trying to wear two pairs of pants. [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Louise[/name] is not really a “form of [name]Mary[/name],” it is [name]Mary[/name] and then [name]Louise[/name]. [name]Mariel[/name] or [name]Marielle[/name] are so beautiful. I also like the suggestion of Marliese. I do not know if you are going to ever get the PERFECT SOLUTION - all of these are good.

I do not think even [name]Miriam[/name] is too “dark” or whatever. [name]Maryam[/name] may be another way to go - this is not a made up name. It is an Arabic form of [name]Mary[/name] and I have known someone with this name, and I looked it up because it is so close to [name]Miriam[/name] and [name]Marion[/name], I thought her parents must have been trying to be “cute.” Of course, I love [name]Mariana[/name], [name]Marian[/name] or [name]Marion[/name], also, but I think [name]Miriam[/name], [name]Maryam[/name], or Marliese, or [name]Marielle[/name] sound great with [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] _______ [name]Jackson[/name].

AFTER ALL THAT blah blah blah - I still think you should choose [name]Marybeth[/name] - agree with Lamps here. It is not quite as bulky as [name]Marylouise[/name], and it has [name]Beth[/name] which you love, and it honors [name]Elizabeth[/name] in that [name]Beth[/name] way that you love, rather than a -liese or even less distinct, -elle way. It doesn’t sound ideal, but I think part of the compromise when we have names is how do you give up what you really love and put something else there, nothing else seems to work as satisfying to you. When it comes to middle names, I am vocally most in favor of meaning over flow. If she is to go by [name]Lark[/name], [name]Marybeth[/name] seems most meaningful, and completely solves the problem.

Second to [name]Marybeth[/name] is still [name]Miriam[/name] to me, it’s what you originally settled on (maybe thinking you’d still get [name]Beth[/name] in there somehow). It doesn’t seem heavy - when I hear [name]Miriam[/name], it has a very smiley sound, like [name]Miri[/name], [name]Maria[/name], it may be that you don’t like the end with an M that sort of looks like a bookend, but I think it has a very spirited sound that is light, yet a historical basis which balances [name]Lark[/name] - it’s not heavy, but it has what I would consider just the right weight to balance. All that, then, you might consider [name]Maryam[/name], but then again, it may be culturally too different than what you have already sorted out, and you have a lot of options.

Options I love:
[name]Marybeth[/name], [name]Miriam[/name], [name]Maryam[/name], [name]Marielle[/name], Marliese. Further down the list for your purposes, I also like [name]Marian[/name]/[name]Marion[/name]/[name]Mariana[/name]. Specifically, forms of [name]Mary[/name], not forms of [name]Maris[/name], which refers to the sea, names like [name]Marin[/name] or [name]Marina[/name]. I think [name]Marian[/name] etc., are sufficient to please the “[name]Mary[/name]” requisite, but less satisfactory in general as far as meaning to you, that you wish to include somehow.

Options I think should go:
[name]Marylouise[/name], [name]Mary[/name] [name]Louise[/name], Maryweld - I think Maryweld sounds ancient and far more heavy with the “weld” sound than [name]Miriam[/name]. Maybe in the modern usage of the word “weld” to bond two pieces of metal together, it doesn’t quite sound woodsy to me, but I also don’t get the same “quaint” feeling from names recalling portions of history where life was far more difficult than the simple associations we might have. It is like putting the name [name]Mary[/name] into a “Renaissance Faire name generator,” it sounds a little… can’t think of an adequate description.

I do like the sounds of [name]Mary[/name] [name]Louise[/name], but that just makes the name too long in my opinion, and [name]Marylouise[/name] is not light, rather confining, like an overfull closet - be careful when you open the door. If she didn’t have several other names already, there would be room, but it looks like you are cramming here. [name]Marybeth[/name] is already sort of an established compound name, and it’s shorter; [name]Marylouise[/name] is likened to Maryelizabeth in my mind - you can see how that just makes some pretty names into a dense block where neither really gets its due.

I have to agree with [name]Jill[/name], i think [name]Lark[/name] should be taken out of her formal name. I know that sounds terrible and im sorry because i know it took so long for your daughter to have any name at all, but i have never felt any sort of love for [name]Lark[/name], to me, it doesnt sound like a name just a very masculine off balance name. I feel that when put next to [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Juliet[/name] is the clear winner. I also have to add in (and this is only me) that if you feel you must have [name]Lark[/name] in the name, it should be in the middle name as i dont feel [name]Lark[/name] to be very professional (quite honestly i see it along the lines of yooneek names). I think [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Louise[/name] is beautiful! And [name]Lark[/name] can always be a pet name used by you, and even used by friends forever as her name but i honestly think she should have a formal name for job applications, name plates, so on and so forth. Im not trying to be mean and i hope you only take this as advice. That being said my vote goes to [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Louise[/name], with [name]Lark[/name] as a nickname/pet name. Also jsut so you know just because it wont be her formal name, it can be a nickname everyone knows her by.

[name]LOVE[/name] Marliese. and a smush of [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] would be perfect…
now, how does one pronouse Marliese? Is it like Marleys or [name]Mar[/name]-lise? Not liking Marleys, but the other way around is lovely