Larkin as a middle name for a girl?

See the results of this poll: Larkin as a middle name for Norah W***

Respondents: 10 (This poll is closed)

• Sure! Sounds great!: 9 (90%)
  • Meh…keep looking.: 1 (10%)

I love the subtle theme you have with your daughter’s names! [name]Ryan[/name] and [name]Sloane[/name] are edgy as middle names, but not “out there” - with [name]Ryan[/name]/[name]Ryanne[/name] versions becoming more popular for girls, and the female character [name]Sloane[/name] on [name]Grey[/name]'s Anatomy, I think you’re onto something here!

I think [name]Larkin[/name] has a very feminine connotation with the [name]Lark[/name]" element, although it is also reminiscent of the male name “[name]Lorcan[/name]”. But I think it holds its own well among your older daughters’ names, and it flows beautifully with [name]Norah[/name]. The only potential drawback (though a very obscure one): in [name]Ireland[/name], the most significant association is with [name]James[/name] [name]Larkin[/name], trade union leader and organizer of the infamous 1913 [name]Dublin[/name] Lockout. But I don’t think that’s enough to change my opinion of the name!

I think [name]Norah[/name] [name]Larkin[/name] is a good choice and fits well with your other daughter’s names. [name]Norah[/name] fits well with the feminine first names and [name]Larkin[/name] definetly follows the same trend of the other middle names. I like [name]Larkin[/name], it seems nicely feminine for a surname. [name]Lark[/name] on it’s own is a little odd sounding in the middle. Anyways, great choice!

Yay! I thought people were really gonna dislike that combo.
Hurrah! We have a new front runner.

Many thanks for the replies!
[name]Tara[/name]

votes, please :slight_smile:

Hey! I think [name]Larkin[/name] is great with your other daughters’ middles, and more importantly, you love it! I think it sounds so cheerful. Here’s another “Yes!” vote. :slight_smile:

Have a good night! :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name]!

Thanks, jill.
Right now it’s b/t [name]Larkin[/name] and [name]Brigid[/name] ([name]Bridie[/name]).
Which do you like best of those two? I value your opinion!

:slight_smile:
[name]Tara[/name]

I love the combo! it’s just so . . . fresh!

That’s great to hear!
Thank you for your comment, maj!

[name]Tara[/name]