Larkin nn:Lark for a boy

See the results of this poll: Does this sound feminine to you?

Respondents: 17 (This poll is closed)

• yes: 9 (53%)
  • no: 7 (41%)
  • a bit: 1 (6%)

I like [name]Lark[/name] on its own. Its not that different from [name]MArk[/name] which is a male name so no i don’t think its fem at all. To me [name]Larkin[/name] sounds like a lord of the ring character.

I kind of like this name, but yeah, a little feminine. I suggested it for a girl recently: [name]Larka[/name] or [name]Larkin[/name] - I don’t really like [name]Lark[/name] on its own at all. [name]Lars[/name] or [name]Larson[/name] doesn’t seem too feminine. It might be wrong-headed but the way it is different from [name]Mark[/name] might have to do with all the feathers.

Besides which - while a lot of the historically “solid”-sounding boys names have stayed popular, [name]Mark[/name] has just not retained old-standard status. Most popular through the 1950s and 60s, steadily declining through the 80s, 90s, now standing at 139. So [name]Mark[/name] is not a name his classmates will think his name is similar to. [name]Mark[/name] is still a good name, I think, but of all the things that get labeled “dated,” apparently [name]Mark[/name] should be recognized for that quality as well.

I don’t know what your husband will say to this suggestion. I think it might be a tough sell, but that’s just speculation on my part.

Have you considered Larkham nn [name]Lark[/name]? It’s a fairly common surname over here and is pronounced [name]LARK[/name]-im so it sounds similar. [name]Just[/name] putting it out there:) but I do like [name]Larkin[/name] and it doesn’t sound feminine to me.

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I knew a girl in High School named [name]Larkin[/name] so [name]Larkin[/name] is feminine to me. [name]Love[/name] the name for a girl.
I like the suggestion of Larkham for a boy.