Larson for a middle name?

My husbands good friend died this year and we were thinking of some how incorporating his name as a middle name. His first name was [name]Jason[/name] middle name [name]Lars[/name].
We didn’t really want to use [name]Jason[/name], I also have a friend with this name and it just didn’t seem right. The other night I thought of some how combining his name and came up with [name]Larson[/name]. It really is a name, so it’s not “made up”. [name]Jacen[/name] was another idea I had but hubby likes [name]Larson[/name] better.

Here are our top boys names (for now). What do you think of the of the combos below? Any other ideas of how to incorporate [name]Jason[/name] and [name]Lars[/name] or just one or the other?

[name]Michael[/name] [name]Larson[/name]
[name]Anthony[/name] [name]Larson[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name] [name]Larson[/name]
[name]Ezekiel[/name] [name]Larson[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Larson[/name]

I like [name]Michael[/name] [name]Larson[/name] and [name]Ezekiel[/name] [name]Larson[/name] best.

FYI we’ve been considering [name]Larsen[/name] as a middle name if we have a boy.

[name]Michael[/name] [name]Larson[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name] [name]Larson[/name]
[name]Ezekiel[/name] [name]Larson[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Larson[/name]

I like all of your choices except [name]Ezekiel[/name]. The name is not my style-- I also don’t think it sounds right with [name]Larson[/name]. I think [name]Lars[/name] or [name]Larson[/name] is a great name for middle or first. [name]Jace[/name] is also a nice name on it’s own instead of [name]Jason[/name].

[name]Michael[/name] [name]Larson[/name] - The two “L” sounds run together a little, but it works
[name]Anthony[/name] [name]Larson[/name] - This name stood out to me when I read your list. It flows wonderfully and sounds so handsome. [name]Anthony[/name] [name]Larson[/name]. I just like saying it.
[name]Dominic[/name] [name]Larson[/name] - This is my second favorite. Like [name]Anthony[/name], it is three syllables, which sits nicely before [name]Larson[/name].
[name]Ezekiel[/name] [name]Larson[/name] - I think the “L” sounds really run together in this option. Though I do like both names.
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Larson[/name] - This sounds fine, but I would go with [name]Anthony[/name] or [name]Dominic[/name].

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Anthony[/name] [name]Larson[/name]. [name]Dominic[/name] and [name]Joseph[/name] would be the other two I would vote for. I also have to say that I think [name]Larson[/name] is a great middle name!!! Someone else suggested using the name [name]Jace[/name] (which my husband wants to name our second son). I haven’t been too fond of it, but it is starting to grow on me slightly. So that could always be an option too. :slight_smile:

I honestly like all the combos, but [name]Anthony[/name] might be my favorite. I love the idea of using [name]Larson[/name] as a middle name - very practical and meaningful at the same time.

Another vote for the flow of [name]Anthony[/name] [name]Larson[/name]! (I think that [name]Larson[/name] is a wonderful way to honor your friend, and I’m very sorry for your loss.)

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I agree - [name]Larson[/name] is a great way to honour your friend. I also think it makes a very handsome middle name.

I love your classic taste in first names - the only name I was less keen on was [name]Ezekiel[/name]. [name]Michael[/name], [name]Anthony[/name] and [name]Joseph[/name] are such classics and all go well with [name]Larson[/name], although [name]Anthony[/name] is slightly ahead of the others in terms of flow. I also love [name]Dominic[/name], which you don’t hear as often.

Look forward to hearing what you choose!

Ditto! :slight_smile:

I’m so excited that this name has received a good response. I’m not pregnant yet but hey why not get a jump start on naming. Knowing me my list will change a hundred times only to come back to my original favorites. There really are only a few boys names that we would use. [name]Michael[/name] is my husbands favorite and I’m leaning towards [name]Dominic[/name]. Believe it or not there were more [name]Dominic[/name]'s in my daughters school last year than there were [name]Michael[/name]'s. I do love [name]Anthony[/name] but I’m not so found of the nn [name]Tony[/name] which I’m sure I have no control over.

Other boys names that have made our list our

[name]Christian[/name]
[name]Daxter[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Matteo[/name] for a mn.
[name]Sebastian[/name] Celentano - is just really long though and lots of “s” sounds.
[name]Zeke[/name]- too mix things up a bit. :wink: