Lasagna

The thing about Lucifer, is that was his name before he became the devil and was still a good guy.

Militia - I always thought it had a nice sound

My sister’s nickname is Satan. I gave it to her when she hit puberty and it stuck. The whole family calls her that now, and she’s 30.

We have a cat named Sativa, Tiva for short. I swear she wasn’t named after marijuana (species name for oatmeal, actually, avena sativa). Now that I think about it, Avena Sativa isn’t all that bad for a girl.

My husband just suggested Dijonaise. He could go by [name]Dijon[/name] as a NN.

Normandy
Concierge (especially after the episode of The Office with Concierge [name]Marie[/name])

And [name]Ember[/name] which oddly enough is a name of someone I know.

Chaos

[name]Anemone[/name]!
Celexa
[name]Branch[/name]
Wool
Key (or Ghee)
Sycamore
Cement

Not to gross people out but if you think about it Diarrhea would be a pretty name too.

It has the “[name]Dia[/name]” part like in [name]Dianne[/name] and it also has [name]Rhea[/name], which is an actual name. It’s almost like a cute combo of [name]Dianne[/name] and [name]Rhianna[/name]. But…well…yeah…

I read somewhere that a large group of non-English speakers once voted diarrhea as the most beautiful word in the English language. If you control for meaning sound becomes much more important! Like how people say everything sounds better in French, even the ingredients from the back of a cereal box. :slight_smile:

My daughter told me the other day, that whenever her and her friends are playing, one of her friends always pretends her name is Victim. It made me laugh, and then I took the liberty of explaining it to her…

Chlorine
Veranda

And from High School Musical: [name]Sharpay[/name] (after the [name]Shar[/name] [name]Pei[/name] dog).

As for dog breeds that might otherwise make pretty names for girls (not that [name]Sharpay[/name] would have been one of my choices), try these:

Akita
Barbet
[name]Brittany[/name]
[name]Collie[/name]
[name]Kerry[/name] [name]Blue[/name]
Laika
Phal”ne
Porcelaine
Saluki
Tosa
Vizsla

– [name]Nephele[/name]

There’s an actor on the show Glee whose name is [name]Dijon[/name]…

Idea
Mayonnaise
Recycle
Enjoy
Kilo(gram)
Electricity ([name]Trish[/name])

I went to college with two guys named “[name]Drama[/name]” and “Chaos”! [name]Drama[/name]'s real name was [name]David[/name] [name]Rama[/name], and Chaos was [name]Chase[/name] [name]Osmond[/name]. A play on letters at its best. :wink:

To go along with all those brunch names, don’t forget a yummy…
[name]Mimosa[/name]!

I was just thinking about this the other day! Here are mine:

Chlorine
Parabola
Abscissa
Abyss
[name]Banana[/name]
Chamomile
Idea
Livid
Calamity
Parsley
Doula
[name]Gazelle[/name]

I’ve always thought these French words sound like they could be names:

A”rienne (airline)
Poubelle (trash can)
”picerie (spice shop)
Toilette (bathroom, dressing table)
”claircie (sunny spot)

There are tons more I can’t think of right now! And this reminds me; when I was about 4, I had a stuffed dog I named Leash, which I thought was the most beautiful name ever. :wink:

I was thinking the other day that I really like [name]Timber[/name], or Timbre
And the PP with the French word names reminded me of Citrouille (pumpkin) kinda sounds like sit-ru-ee, and Guimauve (marshmallow) - sounds like ghee-mow-v