Last baby is a boy!

So we have two girls and our third and final baby is a boy! I really need help with names :see_no_evil: Big sisters are:

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u] (nn Immy)
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] (nn Elly)

Names on our list, in no particular order, are:

[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] (probably our favourite but we feel it’s too close to Eloise)
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m]
[name_m]Cassian[/name_m]
[name_u]Edward[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_u]Quentin[/name_u]

Some I like and husband doesn’t, some he likes and I’m not so keen, some are okay but I just don’t think go well with our girl’s names, etc. Current top contender is probably [name_m]Caleb[/name_m], but it’s not quite giving me that “this is THE name” feeling!

Middle name will likely be [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] (could be [name_u]George[/name_u] at a push if it sounded a lot better with that name, but I’d prefer Frederick)

Any feedback on our list? [name_u]Or[/name_u] other suggestions? Thank you!

How exciting and you have a great list! With [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] my favourites are….

[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]

1 Like

Congratulations!

With [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] my top 3 from your list are:

• [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] (other options could be [name_m]Cassius[/name_m], [name_u]Cassio[/name_u], or Caspian)
  • [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
  • [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]

[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] also works well!

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] and my brother is [name_u]Edward[/name_u] - I think they go together but potentially excluding [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] in their matchiness?

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] first thought for a boy name with your girls was [name_u]Lionel[/name_u].
Other ideas:
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] as the first! (Frederick George)
[name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_u]Corbin[/name_u]
[name_u]Leland[/name_u]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_m]Xavier[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]

If [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] is your favorite and I see you also like [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] what about [name_u]Bennett[/name_u]? [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u] is the perfect sibling to [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]. [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] , [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] and [name_u]Bennett[/name_u]. Only downside is it doesn’t quite with [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] but if you’re open [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] [name_m]Rick[/name_m] and [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] [name_u]Freddy[/name_u] work a bit better.

On your list I like [name_u]Quentin[/name_u] the best - distinct and strong but perfectly matches. [name_u]Quincy[/name_u] would also work if you didn’t want two names ending in t

You have a nice list (and your girls have sweet names!)

With [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] and [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], my favourites are

[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] - classic but distinctive in sound

[name_m]Cassian[/name_m] - this has flair and style

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] - elegant and solid

[name_m]Reuben[/name_m] - sweet and charming

[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] is lovely, but definitely too close to [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]

A few sugggestions:

[name_u]Jesse[/name_u]
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u]
[name_u]Callum[/name_u]
[name_m]Zachary[/name_m]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]

Congratulations!!
[name_f]My[/name_f] top 3 from your contenders are
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] ( Benny)
[name_u]Edward[/name_u] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] ( [name_m]Neddie[/name_m] )
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] ( Teddy)

I feel like these three match the girls names the best and also lend themselves to cute nickname possibilities like [name_f]Immy[/name_f] and [name_f]Elly[/name_f]

If I had to pick one name to add it would be
[name_u]Arthur[/name_u] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]

To be [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] is another vowel name but gives its own unique letter. Nickname could be [name_m]Arty[/name_m] , which I feel is darling with [name_f]Immy[/name_f] and [name_f]Elly[/name_f]

[name_u]Quentin[/name_u] or [name_m]Reuben[/name_m]! [name_u]Love[/name_u] them with your girls

I like [name_m]Caleb[/name_m]!

Other ideas:
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_u]Bennett[/name_u]
[name_u]Clifford[/name_u]
[name_u]Clayton[/name_u]

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], &

[name_u]Callum[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Jacob[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_u]Edward[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]

[name_f]Immy[/name_f], [name_f]Elly[/name_f], & [name_u]Callum[/name_u]
[name_f]Immy[/name_f], [name_f]Elly[/name_f], & [name_m]Jake[/name_m]
[name_f]Immy[/name_f], [name_f]Elly[/name_f], & [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]
[name_f]Immy[/name_f], [name_f]Elly[/name_f], & [name_u]Eddie[/name_u]

Thank you! Hubby has now vetoed [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] :woman_shrugging:t2: [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is okay but I think might be too long compared to the girls names. [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] still in the running :joy:

Hubby said no to [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] sad and [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] now :roll_eyes: [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is nice but not sure if it will be too long with the middle name [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]! Also our nephew is called [name_u]Leo[/name_u] - is [name_u]Theo[/name_u] and [name_u]Leo[/name_u] a bit much? :joy:

Thank you! [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u] was actually the name of the late family member we want to honour with the middle name, so while yes it’a a lovely name :smiling_face: we wouldn’t want the exact same one! I really like [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] too but it’s soooo popular where we live I just can’t do it. shame because I think it would go so well!

I should have said our last name starts with a T so names ending in a T sound won’t work great… I might be tempted to try it anyway with [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] but alas, we never thought we’d have a boy so went with [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] last time :see_no_evil: I do like [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] though so I’ll mention it to hubby and see if it might work :thinking: [name_u]Quentin[/name_u] still in the running too :joy:

Thank you! [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] seems to be the top choice at the moment. Hubby really likes it, and I do too just scared to commit just yet :see_no_evil: So keeping options open! I like pretty much all of your suggestions but my husband has already said no to most :weary:

1 Like

I do think they match nicely! So hard to find a name we agree on though :see_no_evil: Husband really likes [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] and the nickname option, but it’s a really popular name over here plus I work with someone named Artii so not sure I can ignore that :joy:

Thank you, both still on the list for sure! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you, [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] is the front runner at the moment I think :slight_smile: I’ll mention [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] to hubby as a compromise since he said no to [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] now :joy: But our surname starts with a T so it might be tricky making it work!

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] I haven’t missed anyone :see_no_evil: Thank you all for the suggestions!

Congratulations! [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is lovely!

Ones with specific comments:

• [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] - Too matchy with [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] considering the shared “El” start and that the nickname [name_f]Elly[/name_f] is the first 2 syllables of [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] - [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] in a combo with [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]. No intuitive nicknames like [name_f]Immy[/name_f] and [name_f]Elly[/name_f]. Less classic than your girl’s names but not to the point it seems trendy in an out of place way.
  • [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] - Seems very out-there compared to [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]. [name_m]Casper[/name_m] has a more similar vibe imo
  • [name_u]Edward[/name_u] - Shared initial with [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] but no other shared sounds means I think this isn’t too matchy. Nickname [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] or [name_m]Eddy[/name_m] would be cute with your other girls names. [name_u]Edward[/name_u] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] sounds very “ed” heavy so I would vote for [name_u]Edward[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u] in this case.
  • [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] - A bit rhymey with [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]?

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites from your list are [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_m]Caleb[/name_m].