Last minute, emergency naming help needed! RESOLVED

UPDATE: We went with [name]Lola[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]! Thanks for all the advice. :smiley:

LOL! It feels like an emergency, anyways!

Our insurance provider is going to take my 6 week old baby off our insurance when she turns 2 months old unless we send them a copy of her birth certificate, but due to it being a UC and UP itā€™s been taking longer than we thought it would to get it all sorted out. FINALLY, everything is done except us sending in the birth certificate, which we hope to do today, but we are going crazy trying to think of a beautiful, dynamic middle name to go with her first name. Something really funky, earthy, unique, old fashioned, ā€œhippy dippyā€ā€¦Iā€™m wide open.

We have lots of names we love, but I canā€™t narrow it down. Also, I canā€™t help thinking that maybe the perfect middle name is out there somewhere. So opinions on the names below, and ANY AND ALL suggestions are greatly appreciated! Seriously, anything that you can think of, mamas. :smiley:

So okay, her first name is [name]Lola[/name], last name starts with R and is two syllables.

Some things weā€™ve been tossing around:

[name]Lola[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Blossom[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] Rosebud
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Soleil[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Mirabel[/name]

My favorites are [name]Marigold[/name], [name]Clementine[/name], and [name]Soleil[/name]. The only thing that makes me pause on [name]Soleil[/name] is that for an American name the pronunciation seems to be ā€œAmericanizedā€, but Iā€™m afraid that pronouncing it the French way would be redundant with the name [name]Lola[/name].

[name]Marigold[/name] I love for personal reasons; I had an 11w miscarriage in the [name]October[/name] before I got pg with [name]Lola[/name] and we planted marigolds where we buried the fetus.

But I"m not sold on any of them, yet. DH is no help, he likes [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Rose[/name], which are too common, I feel. My other daughter is [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name], so I donā€™t want something too plain sounding next to her name.

Also, if it matters, it seems like she will have blue eyes, and she currently has black hair and will likely remain dark-headed (but dark brown, if sheā€™s like my other kids).

Help?

First name [name]Lola[/name], Middle name:

[name]Autumn[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name] (love!)
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Veda[/name] (probably not the best with [name]Lola[/name], but Iā€™ll leave it on the list)
[name]Flower[/name]
[name]Zephyr[/name]/a
Astral
[name]Danu[/name] (pn DAH-noo, you can find more info on here about the name)
[name]Felicity[/name]

From your list, my favourites are [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Marigold[/name], [name]Blossom[/name] and [name]Soleil[/name] (and I do speak french, so it sounds lovely!)!

Good luck!

[name]Willow[/name] and [name]Juniper[/name] were on our slightly-less-short list. I was afraid [name]Willow[/name] would also be redundant with [name]Lola[/name] (it was the original first name we chose until [name]Lola[/name] came to me!). [name]Lola[/name] [name]Willow[/name]ā€¦lots of Oā€™s and Lā€™s, but I love that in a name. :mrgreen:

I have a thing for four letter L names for grls so [name]Lola[/name] is lovely! From your list I love [name]Soleil[/name] & [name]Beatrix[/name]. Some others could be:

[name]Lola[/name] [name]Seren[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Winifred[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Paisley[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Gretchen[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Calanthe[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] Sunflower
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Fern[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] you find the combo you like!

[name]Lola[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]

Oooo, [name]Lola[/name] Sunflower is pretty! Thank you for suggesting it. We had thought of Moonlily or Moonflower, didnā€™t even think of Sunflower even though I love ā€œsunā€ names!

It may be between that and [name]Lola[/name] [name]Soleil[/name].

I think [name]Lola[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] is very sweet (:

Here are some suggestionsā€¦

[name]Lola[/name] [name]Catriona[/name] (pronounced the same as [name]Katrina[/name])
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] (oā€™s and lā€™s :smiley: )
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Saffron[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Meadow[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Jasmine[/name]

ā€¦hope I helped! (:

LOL friends had a baby last year, [name]Lola[/name] [name]Soleil[/name] ā€¦ [name]How[/name] funny!

Ahh, I still love [name]Meadow[/name]. It was another first-name contender. :smiley:

Haha! I thought I said all the names with [name]Lola[/name]. I guess I didnā€™t, because I would never have suggested [name]Lola[/name] [name]Willow[/name]!!

Youā€™ve gotten so many great suggestions! Can I say how much I love [name]Lola[/name] Sunflower? Itā€™s gorgeous!! I wish my middle name was sunflower!

[name]Lola[/name] Sunflower is lovely!
My favorite. Good luck!

Use [name]Lola[/name] [name]Meadow[/name]! It would make ME so happy! :lol:

I love [name]Lola[/name] [name]Marigold[/name], especially with it having sentimental value for you. [name]Lola[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] is beautiful also.

Nature middles:
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Lavender[/name] * if you like alliteration
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Sage[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] Pomeline
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Primrose[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Camellia[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Plum[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Fleur[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Cerise[/name] (french for cherry)
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Clover[/name]

some names relating to the sun/ sky:
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Cymbeline[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Solange[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Selena[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Marisol[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]

[name]Lola[/name] [name]Sunshine[/name]

@ Happyvegan, I hope you will let us all know what you decide! I canā€™t wait to hear!!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lola[/name] [name]Marigold[/name], itā€™s poetry!

[name]Lola[/name] [name]Soleil[/name] is also great, but Americans wonā€™t know how to pronounce [name]Soleil[/name].

[name]Lola[/name] [name]Rolanda[/name] comes to mind, or [name]Lola[/name] [name]Rivers[/name].

What about [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Persephone[/name]?? Out of the ones you wrote though, my favourite is [name]Lola[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] :smiley:

Well, DH had neglected to sign the birth certificate as the ā€œcertifierā€ so we had to delay sending it for another day. [name]Just[/name] what I need, another day to waffle! :smiley:

DH says [name]Marigold[/name] is a bit of ā€œa mouthfulā€ but I donā€™t agree. He loves [name]Persephone[/name] but said it means death or darkness or something. However, since Iā€™m not using his suggestions of [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Violet[/name] he really doesnā€™t care what I decide. I shouldnā€™t have even pressed him for his opinion because I didnā€™t want to know that he wasnā€™t crazy about [name]Marigold[/name].

He likes Sunflower better than [name]Marigold[/name], and doesnā€™t really like the proper French pronunciation of [name]Soleil[/name] (although he likes the way it LOOKS). Heā€™s ā€œmehā€ about [name]Clementine[/name], [name]Moon[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name] and everything else Iā€™ve mentioned. I get the impression he likes [name]Meadow[/name] the best out of my Top 10.

So I guess if even DH will be mispronouncing [name]Soleil[/name] I donā€™t want to use it because that will really bug me. I think [name]Lola[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] looks beautiful, and [name]Lola[/name] Sunflower sounds beautiful, so unless something else catches my ear between now and 4pm it will be one of those.

Something I keep thinking about:

I donā€™t know if the religious association of [name]Marigold[/name] will bother me as I am atheist. [name]Marigold[/name] means something different to ME, itā€™s sentimental and very nature-y, but I keep reading that it means ā€œ[name]Mary[/name]'s [name]Gold[/name]ā€ in reference to the Virgin [name]Mary[/name]. But itā€™s such a gorgeous name I think I could get over it. Maybe.

Does [name]Marigold[/name] sound like a [name]Christian[/name] name to you?

I would never have guessed [name]Marigold[/name] had a religious meaning if you hadnā€™t said anything. Iā€™m an Atheist too, but I actually donā€™t really care about ā€œofficialā€ name meanings, just about what they mean to me/us, so the names weā€™re considering are an eclectic mix of Latin, Old Testament, Celtic, and Germanic Names. :wink:

[name]Persephone[/name] does not mean death. [name]Persephone[/name] was the daughter of the greek goddess, [name]Demeter[/name]. [name]Demeter[/name] is in control of the earthā€™s fertility. One day, Hades, god of the underworld, kidnapped [name]Persephone[/name] to take her as his bride. During the time [name]Demeter[/name] searched for her daughter the world fell into a deep winter. [name]Demeter[/name] could not grant the earth the gift of fertility it needed as long as [name]Persephone[/name] was away. When the rest of the gods demanded Hades give [name]Persephone[/name] back to [name]Demeter[/name], he offered her some pomegranate seeds as a snack, knowing that each one she ate would make her part of the underworld. She ate 3. So [name]Persephone[/name] was returned to [name]Demeter[/name], but 3 months out of the year, she must return to Hades. [name]Demeter[/name]'s grief would again take fertility from the earth. This is the greek mythos behind the changing of the seasons. So you can see why some associate the name with death, but others associate it with the joy [name]Persephone[/name] brought her mother, [name]Demeter[/name].

Okay, I am a greek name and mythology nut. lol. [name]Persephone[/name] is one of my favorite greek names ever!