Last Minute Help Please!!!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Everyone!

I am due with baby #4 any day now, and am starting to really panic about the names we have chosen for this little one. We do not know the gender yet, but we have had our girl’s name chosen for a while now. It’s the boy’s name that is stressing me out! Our kid’s names are [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], [name_u]Owen[/name_u], and [name_m]Ethan[/name_m]. The names we have narrowed it down to are [name_m]Aaron[/name_m] and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]. Our last name ends in -ick and is 2 syllables. What do you all think? [name_m]How[/name_m] do those names go with our other kid’s names? Is there a name that would fit better?

Thanks for your help!

If your last name ends in -ick, I’d avoid [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]. [name_m]Aaron[/name_m], [name_u]Owen[/name_u], and [name_m]Ethan[/name_m] are a little matchy, especially [name_m]Aaron[/name_m] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u], as they share similar sounds.

What about…
[name_m]Liam[/name_m]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]
[name_m]Eli[/name_m]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_u]Dylan[/name_u]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_m]Jacob[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucas[/name_m]

Good luck!

I would choose [name_m]Aaron[/name_m] since [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] seems to have the same ending sound as your ln. The only thing is that all three boys names will have 2 syls and a similar n ending, so I don’t know if that is something you want to avoid, but personally I would. [name_m]Asher[/name_m] came to mind, it is similar in feel to [name_m]Aaron[/name_m] to me and I think it compliments [name_m]Ethan[/name_m] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] nicely.

I agree with dindlee.

It sounds like you’d like another top 100 name that doesn’t end with N. I’d also avoid other names that start with I, O, and E, though it might be nice to have another vowel name to round out your sibset.

Some ideas:
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] nn [name_u]Alex[/name_u]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m]
[name_m]Adam[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_m]Levi[/name_m]

My favorite suggestion for you is [name_m]Andrew[/name_m]. [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], [name_u]Owen[/name_u], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], and [name_u]Drew[/name_u]. :slight_smile:

Of the two, I’d definitely choose [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]. But I agree it is a little matchy. If you want other suggestions, these come to mind:

What about [name_m]Isiah[/name_m]? Close/derrivitive of [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], but stands out a bit more from the other siblings.
[name_m]Tucker[/name_m]
[name_u]Noah[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u]/[name_m]Augustus[/name_m]/[name_m]Angus[/name_m] (I’m thinking the NN [name_u]Gus[/name_u] sounds great with the others)
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]/[name_m]Oskar[/name_m]
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u]
[name_m]Liam[/name_m]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m] (or [name_m]Lucas[/name_m]/[name_m]Lukas[/name_m]/[name_m]Luka[/name_m])

Oh, also [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]/[name_u]Quincy[/name_u] etc. would be nice as well!

I think [name_u]Mason[/name_u] would be perfect with [name_m]Ethan[/name_m] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u].

@koliver: [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] is not a derivative of [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] sayin