Last Minute Middle Name Panic!

I’m being induced on the 5th, and DH and I have chosen to be surprised by the gender😁. We have a boy and girl name set, but middle names have been a hassle. We both want names related to family names, while still a little different and fresher (if that makes any sense). Here are our family names!

[name_f]Girl[/name_f] name: Vivienne/Vivian (unsure)!
Boy name: [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]

Family names:

• [name_u]George[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Louis[/name_m]
  • [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Ida[/name_f]
    (Louis is somewhat prioritized as it was DH’s father’s name)

Please help! Open to two middle names! :heartpulse:

1 Like

I absolutely love [name_u]Vivian[/name_u], it is my four year old’s name and I still adore to this day. We spelled it -ian, which was my husband’s choice, but now I am glad we did. Less frilly, somehow.

I would vote for [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Ida[/name_f], as [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] strikes me as almost rhyming, especially with both having three syllables.
Also, I just looked up [name_f]Ida[/name_f] and there is a character with the name in a [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m] poem, as well as [name_f]Ida[/name_f] B. [name_m]Wells[/name_m]. And it means industrious. Excellent associations, in my opinion.
If you are more set on [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], I think [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] or [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_u]Kit[/name_u] are really cute.
Mine is [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_u]Louise[/name_u], and I just realized it might work for you, as an honor name for [name_m]Louis[/name_m]?
For [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], I prefer [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m], but I think you could also do [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Kit[/name_u], from [name_f]Katherine[/name_f].

4 Likes

[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Georgette[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Heloise[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Caterina[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Cathay[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Idamae[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Idalia[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Katie[/name_f] [name_f]Ida[/name_f]

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Geordie[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Lewis[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Christian[/name_u]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Ira[/name_u]

Twists on the honor names:
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Gianna[/name_f]

[name_m]Geo[/name_m]

[name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_f]Luma[/name_f]
[name_f]Lumi[/name_f]

[name_u]Luca[/name_u]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]

1 Like

Congratulations!

You have two lovely finalists there.

Absolutely love Vivienne/Vivian such a classic name that feels graceful and has this sweet old school Hollywood glamour vibe. Both are stunning but I think I would be tempted to go [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] embrace the vintage flair of this name. From the middle name finalists I would go with [name_f]Ida[/name_f] she’s a fun bright choice that feels quirky in the middle name slot. I think [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] rhymes with [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] the flow is disjointed I think using a variant would work better maybe [name_f]Kate[/name_f], [name_u]Kit[/name_u] or maybe even [name_u]Kitty[/name_u]. Still if the variants aren’t your style I do love [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Ida[/name_f].

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is such a timeless name I’m a massive fan of this name. [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is strong, handsome, timeless, well rounded, regal and elegant. Such a great name with a range of wonderful nicknames that can suit any personality. From the middle names I would go [name_m]Louis[/name_m] he’s lovely classic name that feels a little bolder in comparison to [name_u]George[/name_u]. Also it’s nice that [name_m]Louis[/name_m] is your FIL name.

Good luck

3 Likes

[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Elouise[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Louella[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Lois[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Kaia[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Katri[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Ira[/name_u]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Lewis[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Lou[/name_u]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Lucian[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m] or [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]

1 Like

I think [name_u]Lou[/name_u] would be an update on [name_m]Louis[/name_m] and would work well with the first names you‘ve picked.

1 Like

Vivian Ida Catherine and Alexander Louis George?

1 Like

For a girl, Loida could work. Loida is a form of [name_f]Lois[/name_f], and [name_f]Lois[/name_f] is a form of [name_u]Louise[/name_u]. This would honor both [name_m]Louis[/name_m] and [name_f]Ida[/name_f].

2 Likes

For a girl -

Vivian Ida Wren
Vivienne Iris
Vivian Ira Lois
Vivienne Georgia Ide
Vivienne Louise Ada
Vivian Luisa Gene
Vivienne Idaya
Vivian Aloisa
Vivian Idette
Vivienne Ivy
Vivienne Katrina

Other names similar to/derived from Ida: Idelfa Idelfia Idaia Idelle Idetta Idina Idania Idarina Idarine Idona Idra Idris Idys Idelette
Emery (similar meaning)

Louis: Lutza Luiza Loja Lola Eloise Louella Luana

Katherine: Katya Katelyn Katrin Kate Ekaterina Katia Kasia Katja Trine Trina Kai Kaia