Last Minute Name Anxiety

[name]Baby[/name] Boy [name]Anderson[/name] is due any day now, and we’re having last-minute name anxiety. Your input would be helpful!

The name that we have settled on is [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Conrad[/name]. Our daughter [name]Madeline[/name], 9, insists on “[name]Max[/name],” a name we’ve always liked. But we’re wondering last minute if we should reverse the first and middle names, have him go by [name]Maxwell[/name], or have him just go by “[name]Max[/name]” for daily use, OR CHANGE THE NAME ENTIRELY!

What do you all think of [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Conrad[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]?

I think it’s a great name! but it’s a bit of a mouthful! Maybe you could try [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Connor[/name] or [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Carter[/name]. [name]Conrad[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name] doesn’t go very well and is more of a mouthful than [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Conrad[/name]. i’m really liking [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Carter[/name]. But i think if anything ( if you don’t like [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Carter[/name]) just stick with [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Conrad[/name]. it’s fab!

• [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Skye[/name] age 14

[name]Don[/name]'t change the name! Stick with your gut on this one and avoid possible name regrets. [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Conrad[/name] is quite handsome.

I agree with @agirlinred–keep it! [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Conrad[/name] is so handsome and regal and the nn [name]Max[/name] is adorable. [name]Madeline[/name] and [name]Max[/name] are too cute together. I can’t think of a part of it I would change. [name]Max[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]/[name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] sounds perfect!

Good luck!

Definitely keep the name! Or, at least don’t use [name]Conrad[/name] as a first. A teenager would HATE that name, and there’s no reason for him to go my his middle name when it can be his first! It’s a fantastic name overall :slight_smile:

Thank you all!!!

I think [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Conrad[/name] is a fab name! I am not normally a fan of nicknames, but this is an exception. [name]Max[/name] is much easier to use daily.

[name]Don[/name]'t panic, stick with it. Have faith that once you see him you’ll know if it’s right, and if it’s not, the right name will come to you.

It’s a good, strong name-definite keeper! I even like the nn [name]Max[/name] and I almost never like the nn (generally much prefer the full name).

I agree with the others. [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] is a strong, handsome name that will serve your son very well. Nice choice!!!

Well said!

Edited for privacy.

I think [name]Conrad[/name] is a good middle name but for a first it would have its challenges whether he goes by [name]Max[/name] or not. If you used it for a first every year in school when they call out [name]Conrad[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] he’d have to explain he goes by [name]Max[/name] along with the possibility that he’d get nicknamed [name]Connie[/name]. [name]Max[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] makes a stronger statement anyway.

Keep it! It’s strong and handsome.