Last-minute naming insecurities! Help!

Hiya Berries! So, my due date is fast approaching and I thought we were set on either [name_f]Eva[/name_f] or [name_f]Viola[/name_f] for baby, but now I’m not so sure. I’ve been bit by the [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] bug once again and suddenly I’m crushing on [name_u]Marian[/name_u]/[name_f]Marianne[/name_f]?! Naming this baby was feeling far too easy to be true and husband shares my last-minute doubts.

Waterlily is our absolute favorite middle name and we would love criticism on [name_f]Eva[/name_f], [name_f]Viola[/name_f], [name_u]Marian[/name_u] and [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] (we feel like [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] Waterlily would be way too much smushing together).

Thank you in advance!

[name_u]Marian[/name_u] Waterlily gets my vote. Then its a tie between [name_f]Eva[/name_f] and [name_f]Viola[/name_f]. I dont like [name_f]Philippa[/name_f].

[name_f]Philippa[/name_f] nn [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] is my favorite fn. But if Waterlily is the definite middle, I think [name_f]Eva[/name_f] fits best, [name_f]Eva[/name_f] Waterlily.

[name_f]Eva[/name_f] is gorgeous - it feels fresh and classic, lively and peaceful. [name_f]Eva[/name_f] Waterlily is lovely!!

[name_f]Viola[/name_f]- I love [name_f]Viola[/name_f] - it’s distinct and the sounds are fantastic. It’s probably my favourite of your choices! [name_f]Viola[/name_f] Waterlily sounds really sweet but it is very flowerly, though I’m not sure that’s a problem

[name_f]Philippa[/name_f] is sweet too - I like the classic yet bouncy feel of it. I like the nn [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] too - it’s so cute. My only doubts are that it’s similar to [name_m]Peter[/name_m] and the lil sound is repeated in Waterlily

[name_u]Marian[/name_u] - [name_u]Marian[/name_u] is okay? I have to admit it’s not my favourite. It doesn’t sound as bright or vibrant as your other choices

[name_f]Eva[/name_f] Waterlily is gorgeous!

[name_f]Eva[/name_f] Waterlily is lovely and I think it has the best flow. Good luck deciding!

1. [name_u]Marian[/name_u]/[name_f]Marianne[/name_f] - I don’t think [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] Waterlily would be too much smushing at all! I think either spelling would be a great choice – they have that same vintage, cool European vibe.

2. [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] - I love [name_f]Philippa[/name_f], it’s one of my favourites! I think it’d fit well with your set, too. The only downfall is that it doesn’t flow the best with Waterlily.

3. [name_f]Eva[/name_f] - Very pretty and airy, but more common compared to your other kids’ names.

4. [name_f]Viola[/name_f] - I really like this, but it doesn’t seem to fit with your other children’s names imo.

I adore [name_f]Viola[/name_f]. [name_f]Viola[/name_f] Waterlily is so sweet! Good luck deciding.

This is a hard one because I actually like all four. [name_f]Eva[/name_f] does have the best flow to me and it is very pretty, however with [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] being so popular it’s lost its spark for me. [name_f]Phillipa[/name_f] is one of my favorites but it does share an initial with [name_m]Peter[/name_m], certainly usable because the Ph is different than the p in [name_m]Peter[/name_m]. [name_u]Marian[/name_u] is also lovely but not as “flowery” and feels slightly like something thrown in because you are over thinking. [name_f]Viola[/name_f] does share the l at the end like water lily but since we generally go by their first names it wouldn’t concern me much.

[name_f]Viola[/name_f] would be my first choice, closely followed by [name_f]Phillipa[/name_f]

[name_f]Phillipa[/name_f] Waterlily would be absolutely gorgeous! Best of luck to you on deciding.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my thoughts:

[name_f]Eva[/name_f]-This is pretty and simple. Not over done, but awfully close to the way popular [name_f]Ava[/name_f] or [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u].

[name_f]Viola[/name_f]-I like that this is unique & old fashioned, although it’s not my personal favorite. I think that you may run into pronunciation issues as well. [name_f]Vi[/name_f]-ola vs. Vee-ola.

[name_f]Philippa[/name_f]-This has always seemed like a bit of a mouthful. [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] is kind of cute.

[name_u]Marian[/name_u]-This is my favorite. I agree that it doesn’t flow as well with Waterlily as the others, but it’s not a deal breaker. [name_u]Marian[/name_u] is sweet. Classy, feminine, and I can see it working on many different personality types.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

I love [name_f]Philippa[/name_f], [name_f]Viola[/name_f], [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] and [name_f]Eva[/name_f], but with Waterlily in the middle, no contest: [name_f]Eva[/name_f] Waterlily. Streamlined, serene and effortlessly beautiful.

I think a middle as striking and elaborate as Waterlily needs a super simple, classic first; your other options feel a little too involved/fussy in combination with it to me.

I love [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] Waterlily and [name_f]Viola[/name_f] Waterlily!

Ooooh, I adore [name_f]Eva[/name_f]! And [name_f]Eva[/name_f] is perfect with your little troupe. [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] is also gorgeous with your kiddos, as are [name_u]Marian[/name_u] and [name_f]Viola[/name_f], although I admit I’d probably rank them:

[name_f]Eva[/name_f] Waterlily
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f] Waterlily
[name_f]Viola[/name_f] Waterlily
[name_u]Marian[/name_u] Waterlily

Both in regards to the name itself, the combo, and how it fits with [name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_f]Sabina[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f], and [name_m]Bruno[/name_m].

Good luck, mama!

Hello! I adore Waterlily as a middle, and am swooning a bit at some of your combo options. One observation: I much prefer [name_u]Marian[/name_u], which is tailored, classic, and adventurous, to [name_f]Marianne[/name_f], which I find a bit dated.

[name_f]Eva[/name_f]: Slightly more popular than some of your other favorites, but absolutely gorgeous. Classic and bright. [name_f]Eva[/name_f] Waterlily is stunning.
[name_u]Marian[/name_u]: I love this. It’s one of those names that feels familiar, yet unexpected, and amongst the most elegant choices out there. [name_u]Marian[/name_u] Waterlily is gorgeous!
[name_f]Viola[/name_f]: Many of your choices have the sounds from popular names, but are distinctive and rare themselves. [name_f]Viola[/name_f] is one of them, and I absolutely adore it. So beautiful. [name_f]Viola[/name_f] Waterlily is my favorite combo.
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f]: I just can’t get behind this one. It’s a little clunkier, less streamlined, and a little dated compared to some of your other favorites. [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] Waterlily, however, flows beautifully.

I love the flow of [name_f]Viola[/name_f] Waterlily! It is kind of nature heavy though. My second choice is [name_f]Eva[/name_f] Waterlily.

I prefer [name_u]Marian[/name_u] over [name_f]Marianne[/name_f], and just [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] (love!) over [name_f]Philippa[/name_f].

[name_f]Eva[/name_f] Waterlily is stunning. I love [name_f]Eva[/name_f] and I think it has the best flow with the middle name. My second choice would be [name_f]Philippa[/name_f], but that is trickier with the Waterlily.

Since Waterlilly is a mouthfull (Not in a bad way), go for [name_f]Eva[/name_f]. Next choice is [name_f]Viola[/name_f]. [name_f]Phillipa[/name_f] would make it have way too many L’s (Like giving your child the name [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] Phillps or something), and [name_u]Marian[/name_u]'s pretty flat [name_f]IMO[/name_f].

[name_u]Marian[/name_u] is easily my favorite out of your choices. While I think [name_f]Eva[/name_f] Waterlily has the best flow, [name_u]Marian[/name_u] feels much more distinctive and still works with the lyrical Waterlily.

I love [name_f]Eva[/name_f]. It’s an uncommon classic like [name_m]Peter[/name_m]. I think it would be the perfect name to end the sibset with.