Last One, Promise!

Now that I know the general opinion o some people on this, let’s go more specific.

[name_m]How[/name_m] well does [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] nn [name_f]Flora[/name_f] work?
Keep in mind that it would be an occasional nickname, like naming your child [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and calling her [name_f]Flora[/name_f] at times (I just don’t like [name_f]Florence[/name_f] or any other [name_f]Flora[/name_f] names) not naming your child [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] to always call her [name_f]Eliza[/name_f].

Saying you prefer [name_f]Flora[/name_f] over [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] won’t help me but kindly answering the question asked, does!

I think as a nickname, it’s perfectly logical to nickname her [name_f]Flora[/name_f]. :slight_smile:
However, I’m having some pronunciation issues with [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f]… to me, the sounds just do not go well together in my mouth, lol.

@youssarian it’s a bit complicated (though easier in [name_m]German[/name_m]) and they probably wouldn’t be said together most of the time ([name_f]Fleur[/name_f] is a middle name, no hyphen or anything).
Thank you for weighing in :slight_smile:

I think it can work, but then it’s me, and I plan on calling my future kids with their middle name and non-obvious nickname from time to time.

I’m actually not sure how to pronounce [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] but if it rhymes with [name_f]Flora[/name_f], then sure, especially with mn starting with Fl. I think it would work better if the combo was [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] though.

Oh yeah, saying it in [name_m]German[/name_m] would definitely be easier!
Yeah, I think people get hung up a lot of times on here about having EVERYTHING perfect about a name when in reality, a lot of times the pronunciation/flow doesn’t even matter too much in real life! For what it’s worth, I do think it’s a beautiful combo as well! :slight_smile:

Aha! I see now.

Yes, it Fl from [name_f]Flora[/name_f] + ora from [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] = [name_f]Flora[/name_f] makes for a perfectly logical equation. Without a hitch, and you have the tie between the actual meaning of [name_f]Flora[/name_f] and [name_f]Fleur[/name_f], just to top it all off. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] is gorgeous, and [name_f]Flora[/name_f] works brilliantly as a nickname. I am one though, that thinks near anything works as a nickname…

I think [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] works. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] isn’t the easiest name to pronounce with a [name_u]North[/name_u] American accent in the best of times and I don’t think [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] makes it any harder than any other middle.

Not only do I think it can definitely work, but it’s also a great nn. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] is also such a beautiful combo and [name_f]Flora[/name_f] is lovely with it. I am one for unusual and not quite logical nns though, but I love it.

I think it would work better as [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f].

@catastroffy then I would just use [name_f]Flora[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] in another combo :slight_smile:

I like the method of your nicknaming but I don’t think [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] work well together. It sounds funny to my ears, though that could partly be a difference in accent. It also sounds like using an [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] nn for the middle. Sort of like [name_u]Johnnie[/name_u] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] or [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Peggy[/name_f]. After [name_u]Rory[/name_u] and [name_f]Aura[/name_f], [name_f]Flora[/name_f] or [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] are some of the first intuitive nicknames that would come to mind.

I think it works very well. First and middle names are rarely said together (at least in my experience), so while it’s important that the name flows, it’s not a make it or break it situation. I think [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] is simply gorgeous and I love, love, love [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] together as sisters. Beyond stunning. Using the occassional nickname of [name_f]Flora[/name_f] doesn’t bother me and I think it can work fine, just as long as that is not what everyone calls her by default.

To me [name_f]Flora[/name_f] wouldn’t be very intuitive but I like that you think it is; makes the situation even better :slight_smile:
I wouldn’t use [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] as a double first all the time. I can see myself saying [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] Fleurchen (-chen is our -y as in [name_m]John[/name_m] -> [name_m]Johnny[/name_m], just more of a pet name than nn) or Fleurchen but would mostly drop the middle name!

Thank You! [name_f]Flora[/name_f] would probably be a nn that the family calls her at time and maybe her closest friends.
I’m glad that you like [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] with [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], it’s always nice to hear that the names you like together, sound good to other people as well.