Last shortlist for baby girl (I hope)

See the results of this poll: What name would work best?

Respondents: 44 (This poll is closed)

• Rosemary: 7 (16%)
  • Rosalie: 9 (20%)
  • Grace: 16 (36%)
  • Hallie: 12 (27%)

[name]Rosemary[/name]! I love this name with nn [name]Romy[/name] or [name]Rosie[/name]!

I was going to vote for [name]Rosalie[/name] but as you have a [name]Leah[/name] the ‘lee’ in [name]Rosalie[/name] is too much alike.

[name]Grace[/name] and [name]Leah[/name] are a nice choice.

I voted for [name]Halle[/name] (no ‘i’) you don’t want it mistaken for [name]Hailey[/name]. Maybe on second thoughts [name]Grace[/name] is a better match.

Ooohh, I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Hallie[/name]! I have known a couple of little girls named [name]Hallie[/name] (although they all spelled it [name]Halle[/name]) and they have all had the best personalities. [name]Leah[/name] is a beautiful name as well, and I think [name]Leah[/name] and [name]Halle[/name] sound perfectly fine together. [name]Halle[/name] is nice in that it is still simple and sweet, but not as common as [name]Grace[/name] (which I love too).

[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Mae[/name] would be gorgeous!

Thank you for the feedback so far! The poll looks pretty even at this point.

Re: [name]Hallie[/name] vs. [name]Halle[/name], I like both, but it seems that with the spelling [name]Halle[/name] it”s a name of Scandinavian origin with another meaning. That”s not necessarily all that important, but my husband prefers names that are very obvious for pronunciation. I would think that most people would pronounce [name]Halle[/name] correctly (e.g [name]Halle[/name] [name]Berry[/name] makes the name somewhat familiar) but he has other views and has vetoed other names that I like such as [name]Isla[/name], partly because pronunciation isn”t obvious.

I”m not sure if it helps, but if we were ever to have a boy (we probably won”t since we”ll likely stop at two kids, but haven”t ruled out a 3rd), his name would almost certainly be [name]Oliver[/name]. So potential sibset is [name]Leah[/name], [name]Oliver[/name] and …?

Thanks again.

I absolutely love [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Helena[/name] with [name]Leah[/name]. It’s gorgeous!!

[name]Hallie[/name] isn’t a Greek name–I’m not sure where you found that. It’s just a part of the hugely overused [name]Hailey[/name]/[name]Halle[/name]/[name]Hayleigh[/name] trend. I see it as tryndee and dated. And [name]Halle[/name] is a male Norwegian name. Plus, I think [name]Hallie[/name] and [name]Leah[/name] are way too close for sisters (as is [name]Rosalie[/name], though it’s a lovely name).

With [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Leah[/name] (both nice, classic names) I think you need a name that will age well and aren’t dated. [name]Grace[/name] would also fit well, even though it’s a little too popular for me.

[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Helena[/name] is really a beautiful combo, and [name]Leah[/name], [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Rosemary[/name] make a perfect sibset!

Good luck :slight_smile:

I agree with irisrose, [name]Hallie[/name] is just not a good name to go with [name]Leah[/name]. They are [name]WAY[/name] too close, much worse than [name]Rosalie[/name]. Also, I consider [name]Hallie[/name] to be part of the [name]Hailey[/name] name trend. Mostly because people try to avoid the popularity of [name]Hailey[/name] by using [name]Hallie[/name]/[name]Halle[/name]. And when you add all the different spellings together it is much more popular than you would expect. If you are concerned about the popularity then this is one to avoid.

As for your other names, [name]Rosalie[/name] is one of my favorite names. But, although it is not as bad to me as [name]Hallie[/name], the “lee” ending is just too much with [name]Leah[/name] when I say them together, [name]Leah[/name] and [name]Rosalie[/name] (or worse [name]Rosalie[/name] and [name]Leah[/name]). So, I would have to say I would cut that one. Sad I know…

That really narrows it to [name]Grace[/name] or [name]Rosemary[/name] for me. I think that either would be nice with [name]Leah[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name]. But my favorite with [name]Leah[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] is [name]Rosemary[/name]. I think it is very pretty, goes nicely with the other names and still has the [name]Rose[/name] of [name]Rosalie[/name].

I think [name]Leah[/name] and [name]Grace[/name] are gorgeous together. As far as I know, [name]Grace[/name] isn’t really that popular in the first name spot, just the middle spot, so I think this is the best choice.

[name]Hallie[/name] is too trendy and too similar to [name]Leah[/name]. [name]Leah[/name] is a classic and deserves another to go with it.

[name]Rosalie[/name] is my favourite name from your list but [name]WAY[/name] [name]WAY[/name] too similar to [name]Leah[/name], so that’s out.

My second choice would be [name]Rosemary[/name], but I don’t think it pairs as nicely with [name]Leah[/name] as [name]Grace[/name] does.

I had to go with [name]Grace[/name] too. I might have originally picked something else because [name]Grace[/name] isn’t my personal style, but after seeing that your first daughter is [name]Leah[/name] (which is a beautiful name, btw), I have to say that I like [name]Grace[/name] with it the most.
Good luck with everything.

[name]Hi[/name] there! [name]Count[/name] me in as another one who can best see [name]Leah[/name] with [name]Grace[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Have to agree on [name]Grace[/name]. Definitely not my style - the pair sounds too religious, but I guess that’s far from a problem for you.

Thanks for all the feedback. I agree with comments that [name]Hallie[/name] might end up sounding trendy with the popularity of all the [name]Haylie[/name] permutations, and similarity in sound to [name]Leah[/name].

I did wonder if [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Leah[/name] together might give the impression that we”re going for a religious theme. I know that [name]Leah[/name] is a biblical name, but I only know that because I looked the name up so am not sure if that’s widely known, at least in our circle. [name]Grace[/name] is of course a virtue name, but to me that doesn’t necessarily imply religious values.

In any case, to those who wrote favouring [name]Rosemary[/name], I am starting to be convinced this way. I”m a bit sad to give up [name]Rosalie[/name] as I think it”s a little more lively or something, but I do like the versatility of the [name]Romy[/name]/[name]Rose[/name]/[name]Rosie[/name] nickname options and it is also a family name.

[name]Leah[/name]'s middle name is [name]Isobel[/name]. It’s a family name that I had always thought I’d want to use as a first name, but with the popularity of all the [name]Isabella[/name] variations decided not to.

I chose [name]Rosalie[/name], but I love [name]Rosemary[/name] just as much. [name]Rosemary[/name] is cool because you have access to all the nns for [name]Mary[/name] such as [name]Polly[/name], [name]Molly[/name], and [name]Maisie[/name].

I chose [name]Hallie[/name] because I think it really fits with the style of [name]Leah[/name]. Only thing, you may want to consider the traditional spelling [name]Halle[/name]… nah, I like [name]Hallie[/name]! :stuck_out_tongue: Good luck. PS, [name]Leah[/name] is my favourite name!

Thank you all for your input and votes.

While it actually fared worst in the poll, it looks like we will most likely go with [name]Rosemary[/name]. The only disadvantage is that I have an elderly relative called [name]Rosemary[/name] and many in my family will undoubtedly assume we’re naming the baby after her. That’s not really a big issue, though.

[name]Grace[/name] just isn’t really my style, although my husband likes it a lot, and I think that [name]Hallie[/name] is just too similar to [name]Hailey[/name] and all its variations. I really love the nickname [name]Rosie[/name], and also like all the other nickname options that [name]Rosemary[/name] allows for if [name]Rosie[/name] doesn’t suit her.

Thanks again for all your help!

[/quote]

[name]Leah[/name]'s middle name is [name]Isobel[/name]. It’s a family name that I had always thought I’d want to use as a first name, but with the popularity of all the [name]Isabella[/name] variations decided not to.[/quote]

I love the [name]Isobel[/name] spelling… it is my grandmothers middle name ([name]Marie[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]) but the popularity kills me! But but… My new married name doesn’t allow for any [name]EL[/name] ending names… really killed many PERFECT names for me. I have moved on though.

I voted for [name]Rosemary[/name]… I love this name and adore the cute nn [name]Romy[/name].

I really like [name]Leah[/name] and [name]Rosalie[/name] for siblings. [name]Rosemary[/name] is wonderful as well.