Laura or Hannah

Which name do you prefer out of [name_f]Laura[/name_f] or [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]? What are your impressions of these two names? :slight_smile:

I prefer [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]. [name_f]Laura[/name_f] is a really nice name and reminds me of one of the best things about my childhood: the [name_m]Little[/name_m] House books :slight_smile: I actually prefer [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] to [name_f]Laura[/name_f], but anyhow, it has a sweet, old-timey, classic feel to it.

[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] I feel has a more timeless feel to it. I feel like I can picture a [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] at any point in history or current times, so it feels a bit more…oh, relevant? I can’t explain what I feel…I’ve always had a liking for the name [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] though so I’m a bit biased lol. I guess I feel like you can’t go wrong with either :slight_smile:

I prefer [name_f]Laura[/name_f]. [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] reminds me of a story in the bible.

I really like them both. My first impression is that each is tied to a period in time in which they were most popular (in my experience in Australia, anyway). [name_f]Laura[/name_f] was popular in the 80s and 90s, and I know lots of Lauras in their 20s and 30s now. [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] seemed really popular about 10 years ago. But I’ve met women of all ages with each of these names, so they’re a bit more timeless too.

I vote [name_f]Laura[/name_f]. I just have always liked the sound of it. I liked [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] for a while but it started to get popular in my area (top ten) so [name_f]Laura[/name_f] remains classic but less common. But honestly you can’t go wrong here both are lovely choices.

I prefer [name_f]Laura[/name_f], although both are lovely, classic choices.

I second this!

I love both names, but I prefer [name_f]Laura[/name_f]. It has a classic feel to it, and it was the first name that I ever loved. I like the literary association to [name_f]Laura[/name_f] Ingalls [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] as well. [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] is pretty, and I like that it is a palindrome name. I find it to sound a bit youthful compared to [name_f]Laura[/name_f].

I prefer [name_f]Laura[/name_f] as it has a really nice sound to it. By comparison [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] reminds me of [name_f]Nanna[/name_f]

To me they are very different names! I prefer [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]. I happen to like the sound of [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], the story in the Bible, and the ways a person can wear it. It fits a strong-willed, capable person and a romantic, imaginative one. [name_f]Laura[/name_f] always reminds me of [name_f]Italy[/name_f] and poetry, and I’ve noticed that part of the charm of [name_f]Laura[/name_f] Ingalls [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] is that she was a surprising person, always surprising others with her ingenuity and leadership. Almost in spite of her soft name, I’d say.

I like both names but I prefer [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]. It feels a bit more timeless than [name_f]Laura[/name_f] (all the [name_f]Laura[/name_f]'s I know are in their 20’s/30’s now). What about [name_f]Laurel[/name_f]?

I prefer [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], but my name is [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] and I don’t like my own name so I guess that makes me biased. :slight_smile:

You can’t go wrong with either name. Both are lovely classic choices- but I would choose [name_f]Hannah[/name_f].

[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] seems more timeless to me.

I prefer [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] sounds like a pretty, sweet, gentle name. Timeless, classic, easy to spell and pronounce are all pluses in my book. [name_f]Laura[/name_f] is a perfectly good name choice too. If [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] was an option I would have had a hard time choosing my favorite as I like both [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Lauren[/name_f].

I find this funny because I know two families with sisters [name_f]Laura[/name_f] and [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]. Both are wonderful names. Also in both cases, [name_f]Laura[/name_f] is the older sister and [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] is the younger sister.

I love [name_f]Laura[/name_f]. Definitely my favorite out of the two. [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] feels dated to me for some reason…

I favor [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] over [name_f]Laura[/name_f]. Both are lovely names. & I agree with a former poster when saying I prefer [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] over [name_f]Laura[/name_f]. [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] feels a more classic than [name_f]Laura[/name_f]. [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] is a spunky yet sweet name, & [name_f]Laura[/name_f] feels more homely and quaint.

I like them both but the popularity of [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] makes me love the timeless sound of [name_f]Laura[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Laura[/name_f] is more elegant and sophisticated sounding whereas [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] is a much more cozy, homebody-ish sounding name to me.

I prefer [name_f]Laura[/name_f].

[name_f]Imo[/name_f], both names are very safe. They are the kind of names everyone I grew up with had (though I knew a lot more [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]'s than [name_f]Laura[/name_f]'s.)

[name_f]Laura[/name_f] to me still seems very elegant and classical. It fits right in with [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f].
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] is just very boring to me. I am a bit more drawn to it spelt [name_f]Hana[/name_f] or [name_f]Hanna[/name_f] though.