Lauren

Here’s a family with a boy [name_u]Laurie[/name_u]. They feel confident about it.

2 Likes

We’re feeling pretty confident with the name [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] on a boy. All I have to do is write it in blue and it looks just as masculine as [name_u]Laurence[/name_u], which we also love but sounds terrible with our last name (see above post). I realized I have older male cousins named [name_u]Kim[/name_u] and [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] ([name_u]Kelly[/name_u] named his daughter [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] :heart:). I find them more on the feminine side but they pull it off well. I have no doubt now that [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] can be pulled off as well.

6 Likes

I think [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] would be hard on a boy in the US. Unsure about elsewhere.

There are so many great Lau/Law names for boys.

Some I love are [name_u]Laurence[/name_u], [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u], [name_m]Laudalino[/name_m], [name_u]Loren[/name_u], [name_m]Laurent[/name_m], [name_m]Lorenzen[/name_m], [name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m], [name_m]Lorenso[/name_m], [name_m]Lanty[/name_m], [name_m]Law[/name_m], [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] itself, [name_m]Lars[/name_m] itself, and so many more.

Lars and [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] are gorgeous nns or even full names.

Good luck!

1 Like

I saw [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] many times in the top 1000 for boys within the last 100 years so it’s definitely usable, it might just have some people a little confused as it isn’t always seen in a good way to give “girls” names to boys (even though it’s ok to do it the other way around). If you really like it, go for it

1 Like

To me, [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] spelling is all girl. If I saw [name_u]Loren[/name_u], [name_m]Loran[/name_m], or [name_u]Lorne[/name_u] (I know, different name,) I’d think male.

2 Likes