Laurence?

I’m trying for another baby and am looking to get my ducks in a row ahead of time. I found picking a name during last pregnancy to be quite a stress, so this time around it would be great to go into it with some solid options.

I came across [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] and immediately liked it! I think it’s handsome! [name_f]My[/name_f] only concern is that it may be too dated to use. What do you think?

For context: We live in Australia and our surname is [name_m]Stuart[/name_m]!

It’s a fine name. Are you going for a formal kind of vibe? [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] [name_m]Stuart[/name_m] sounds very sophisticated and professional.

1 Like

Great point about the spelling! I much prefer the [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] spelling but couldn’t articulate why. You’ve hit the nail on the head!

2 Likes

I love [name_u]Laurence[/name_u]! I definitely don’t think it’s dated, to me it is a classic that would fit on any age of boy/man and doesn’t go out of style (like [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] or [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]). I also love the nickname [name_u]Laurie[/name_u]!

2 Likes

I see what you mean, it does seem a tad serious and strong. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband said something about it being a ‘powerful’ choice when we discussed it! I wonder if our surname dulls [name_u]Laurence[/name_u]’s shine, making it feel less romantic and interesting? Unfortunately [name_m]Stuart[/name_m] is a bit boring!

Yay! So glad you think so! [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] is really cute.

1 Like

I love [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] - it’s classic! [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] is a sweet nickname.

1 Like

Really really like it! And I agree that [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] is wonderful for short.

I don’t see [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] as dated. It’s an underused classic, very handsome and sophisticated. Your surname is actually a British royal surname so not boring or basic to me!

The only thing is that the S sound at the end of [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] maybe runs slightly into the St- of your surname, but it’s really a tiny nitpicky thing.

2 Likes

Laurence is charming! I know a little [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] and he wears it well

1 Like

I don’t think it’s dated! [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] is also such a sweet nn!

1 Like

I love [name_u]Laurence[/name_u], especially with the nickname [name_u]Laurie[/name_u]!

1 Like

Laurence is so handsome! I don’t think it’s dated. [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] is the sweetest nn. I also like [name_u]Ren[/name_u]!

1 Like

I am so delighted by the positive response to this name! As I history buff, I love the House of [name_m]Stuart[/name_m] association and am glad you think that adds interest.

Hmmmmmm, I think you’re right, the S sound is something to consider. I think what I’ll do is add [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] to my short list with ‘flow’ as a potential drawback.

1 Like

Oh I like that! [name_u]Ren[/name_u] is a lovely nn.

1 Like

Laurence isn’t dated at all! I think nickname [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] helps it feel a little younger.

Great! I’m beyond relieved it’s not too dated as I was worried it might be considered an ‘old man’ name. I’m much more confident about it now!

I think the remake of [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women is giving this name a kick! Never thought I would consider it myself but it’s sneaking on to my list.

1 Like

Laurence is an amazing name! I find it elegant, charming, strong and very carismatic! I really like how [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] sounds with your surname. [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] is an adorable nickname.

1 Like