Lavender?

[name]Do[/name] you think the name [name]Lavender[/name] is usable? I really quite like it. Tell me what you think!
Thanks!

ooh i really love it also!! but i think everybody would relate it [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name].

:slight_smile:

I like it but i would be afraid of people trying to giver her a nick name!

Exactly, I thought It sounded lovely 'till nosy [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Brown[/name] poped up in the [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] series…

the [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] association isn’t that bad, it made the name familiar to the general public but it doesn’t have the same stigma to it as [name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Draco[/name] imo I don’t think peoples first thought would be ‘oh she’s a [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] fan’ . I really like the name actually :slight_smile: my only problem with it would be people trying to give her nicknames like pp said.

[name]Lavender[/name] is lovely, absolutely wonderful.

despite being an avid [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] fan, I [name]DON[/name]'T actually associate this name with the books (though I do associate it with [name]Matilda[/name]). Either way I don’t find it to be so entwined in its literary connections that people would think you had used them as inspiration (though if you did, of course, there’s nothing wrong with that)

[name]Lavender[/name] is great, I also like [name]Lilac[/name]

[name]Lavender[/name] (and [name]Lilac[/name]) - just love. I’d really consider using it; probably never will because there are a lot of girls’ names that aren’t words that I’d use first.

I read all of the [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] books and I don’t even remember [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Brown[/name]. I vote for using it.

I think this is absolutely lovely! My mother always grew lavender in the beds around our home … it has such a beautiful fragrance and is such a lovely flower! You can’t go wrong! :o)

I think its really cute and definitely usable. I think [name]Lavender[/name] would be a great name for a little girl.

Thumbs up!!