Law versus Leif?

I heard the name [name]Law[/name] the other day and thought it was really cool. What do you think? I also really like [name]Leif[/name]. Last name is [name]Brown[/name] so is it bad to have a one syllable first name? Which name do you prefer?

To be honest, [name]Law[/name] [name]Brown[/name] doesn’t sound like a name to me - it sounds like “[name]Law[/name] [name]Brown[/name]” is a shortened form of [name]Brown[/name] [name]Law[/name] School, or something like that. I really don’t think [name]Law[/name] fits as a first name, however, [name]Lawson[/name] nn [name]Law[/name] might be another option that feels a bit more “namey”, if that makes sense. :wink:

With [name]Leif[/name], if you’re using what I believe is the proper pronunciation “Layf”, I think its a really cool name! [name]Leif[/name] is actually my first choice for a middle name if I have a baby boy. [name]Leif[/name] [name]Brown[/name] sounds okay, not great. If the one-syllable thing bothers you, you could use a double barrel first name (which is very popular in Norway, a country in which [name]Leif[/name] is very popular) and have a little boy named something like [name]Leif[/name] [name]Ole[/name] or [name]Leif[/name] [name]Aksel[/name] or [name]Leif[/name] [name]Noah[/name] or [name]Leif[/name] [name]Henrik[/name].

Ultimately, I prefer [name]Leif[/name] over [name]Law[/name], but only with the pronunciation “Layf” (if you pronounce it “leef”, as in “leaf”, the name would sound like [name]Leaf[/name] [name]Brown[/name], or a brown leaf, which is not too appealing.) [name]Hope[/name] this helps, and good luck!

• [name]Sydnee[/name]

I don’t like [name]Law[/name], especially with your last name. Maybe you could name him [name]Lawton[/name], [name]Lachlan[/name], [name]Lleyton[/name], or something similar. I like [name]Leif[/name] better, but think you need at least a two syllable first name to balance out your last name.