Lawan?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone!
I’d love to hear your thoughts on Lawan? (For a girl)
It means beautiful. I heard it recently and can’t get it out of my head (don’t know if that’s good or bad!)
A few questions for you all :slight_smile:
- Does it feel too clunky?
- Nicknames you can think of?
- Middle name?
- just thoughts in general:)
Thank you all so much in advance! Have a great day!

I assume that you are pronouncing it [name_m]LAW[/name_m]-an? Not sure… I really think it would be heard as [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] which is a nice choice avoiding forever having to correct people, so [name_f]IMO[/name_f], I don’t think it’s worth it. Sorry!

I agree with pp that it sounds a lot like [name_f]Lauren[/name_f]/[name_u]Loren[/name_u]. [name_m]How[/name_m] are you pronouncing it? [name_f]IMO[/name_f], it’s not a good choice, because it looks like “Lawn”, which would be a deal-breaker for me.

Honestly, I can’t quite understand how to pronounce it, not a single way I try rolls of the tongue easily.
On the [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] point, it really does sound like a young child trying to say “[name_f]Lauren[/name_f]” but only managing a “lawen”

Sorry, I think this one is a no go.

I think it could work, it has some cute nn options ([name_f]Lala[/name_f], [name_f]Annie[/name_f] etc), but be prepared to deal with pronunciation issues.

My first thought was to say this la-WON but after reading other posters, is it supposed to be [name_m]LAW[/name_m]-an? I agree with PP who said it sounds like a child who can’t quite say “[name_f]Lauren[/name_f]”. It’s not one I’m crazy about, sorry.