Least favorite baby names?

What are your least favorite baby names? Mine are [name_f]Hailey[/name_f] and [name_u]Allie[/name_u] (too common for me).

I’m going to leave out dated and creative spellings, and go solely on names I hear often on a daily basis in the top 100. Below is my opinion, not trying to start an argument or hate on anyone’s favorites. Mostly all girl names too.

[name_f]Isabella[/name_f] - Blown up, way too common. It was classy and elegant to me until the alternative spelling of [name_f]Izabella[/name_f] started turning up. Also the nickname [name_f]Bella[/name_f], can’t stand it.

[name_f]Kaitlyn[/name_f] - And all variant spellings. It’s hard to say for me, it seems choppy. Also has blown out of proportion.

[name_u]Brayden[/name_u] - I picked between all the [name_u]Aiden[/name_u]/[name_u]Jadon[/name_u]/[name_m]Zayden[/name_m] variants. [name_u]Brayden[/name_u] bothers me the most. Also way too common. I know a few who go by [name_u]Brady[/name_u], why not just do [name_u]Brady[/name_u] on its own?

[name_u]Riley[/name_u] - On both genders. I don’t think it ages well. I cannot picture a 30-year-old person with this name.

[name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] - On a girl. Place names aren’t my taste at all. I picked between all the place variants like [name_u]London[/name_u]/[name_u]Paris[/name_u]/[name_m]Austin[/name_m]/[name_m]Orlando[/name_m] etc.

[name_f]Makayla[/name_f] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] the name, just don’t like this spelling. [name_f]Michaela[/name_f] is my favorite.

Agree with you on those names

I don’t have any particular least favorite name, but I do have style of names I am not particular fond of.

• Misspelling names: I just can’t understand why parents prefer to name their baby Alyveea instead of [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. Most of the time, I think the misspelling makes de name looks less atractive.
  • “-yden” names (most of them): [name_u]Jayden[/name_u], [name_u]Kayden[/name_u], [name_u]Hayden[/name_u]…
  1. Really religious names, dont name your baby [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] (where I live this are just the words god (theos) and gift (doro) mashed together), [name_m]Christian[/name_m] or [name_m]Moses[/name_m], you have no idea if hes gonna end up a [name_m]Christian[/name_m]
  2. Any name in the top 20 other than [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
  3. Weird spellings
  4. “Boring” names, no one will find [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_f]Grace[/name_f] interesting (as middles at least)
  5. [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] and [name_f]Margo/name_f, everyone likes them but I find them to be ugly grandma names
  6. [name_u]James[/name_u] on a girl

[name_u]Kennedy[/name_u]
[name_u]Addison[/name_u]
[name_u]Madison[/name_u]
[name_m]Braxton[/name_m]
[name_u]Peyton[/name_u]/[name_u]Payton[/name_u]
Pacen/Paysen/Pasen
[name_u]Aidan[/name_u] names
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]/[name_f]Bella[/name_f]
Misspelled names
Boys’ names on girls
Made-up names
Kaydance/Kaydenze/etc.
Names with -leigh and -lyn(n) added on
Names misspelled with -leigh and -lyn(n)
[name_u]Londyn[/name_u]/Irely/etc.
[name_f]Maci[/name_f]/Maycee/[name_f]Macy[/name_f]/etc.

There are a lot more than those.

Some names I dislike are :

[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]/[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] - don’t find it appealing.
[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]/[name_f]Emmy[/name_f]/[name_f]Lily[/name_f]/[name_f]Evie[/name_f]/[name_f]Gracie[/name_f]/[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] hyphenated with [name_f]Grace[/name_f]/[name_f]May[/name_f]/[name_f]Rose[/name_f] - I just know too many kids at work with these names and they feel dull to me.
[name_f]Destiny[/name_f] - don’t like it at all, it feels very time stamped and a bit tacky.
[name_u]Harper[/name_u] - I don’t think it sounds nice.
[name_f]Aphrodite[/name_f] - don’t like the sound.

[name_u]Alfie[/name_u] - it sounds very juvenile to me, although I don’t mind [name_m]Alfred[/name_m].
[name_m]Gunner[/name_m], [name_u]Hunter[/name_u] - I like the actual names but they have violent connotations that would put me off.
[name_m]Rufus[/name_m] - only a dog name to me.
[name_m]Jeremy[/name_m] - it sounds like germy.

These are only my opinions though!

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] - I can’t look at it and not think of the birth defect

1. Any cutesy spellings, especially of popular names. If you want to name your daughter [name_f]Emily[/name_f], please name her [name_f]Emily[/name_f] and not [name_f]Emmalee[/name_f] or [name_f]Emmaleigh[/name_f] unless you want her to hate her name (speaking from personal experience).

2. Word or place names that don’t really work as names. Sorry, but I think that “[name_f]Apple[/name_f]” is an awful name to give your child. And the place names are getting out of control. [name_f]Wyoming[/name_f] and [name_f]Ireland[/name_f] are my least favorites.

3. [name_f]Spring[/name_f]. I can stand [name_u]Winter[/name_u] and [name_f]Summer[/name_f], and even [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] although it isn’t my favorite, but [name_f]Spring[/name_f] is too far. And the “cutesy” spellings of season names will just cause problems for your child. Like, [name_f]Wintar[/name_f], [name_f]Wintr[/name_f], [name_f]Spryng[/name_f], [name_f]Sumyr[/name_f], [name_f]Summyr[/name_f].

4. [name_u]Harper[/name_u]. It’s popular, but I don’t like the sound of it.

5. [name_f]Music[/name_f] names. I’m thinking like [name_f]Cadence[/name_f], [name_f]Sonatina[/name_f], [name_f]Toccata[/name_f], [name_f]Music[/name_f]…the list goes on. As a musician, I find it really weird. I met a guy whose middle name was [name_m]Cello[/name_m], and I honestly don’t understand the hype of music names. I mean, even if you play on of the instruments, it’s silly. I wouldn’t name my child Flute or [name_u]Piano[/name_u]. I feel like if the poor kid ever played on of those instruments, they’d be tormented by being called “Flute the Flutist” or “[name_m]Cello[/name_m] who plays cello”. [name_f]Viola[/name_f] is the only somewhat credible one to me, and I dislike it as well.

6. [name_u]James[/name_u] on a girl, and [name_f]Jane[/name_f]/[name_f]Jayne[/name_f] on a boy. Maybe these could be nicknames, but as a given name I’m really not a fan. I’d rather use a more traditionally unisex name, personally. I think [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] is a lot better for a girl, and [name_u]Jay[/name_u] would be a lot better on a boy. There are more names like these that personally, I feel are more masculine/feminine as well. I prefer [name_u]Logan[/name_u] and [name_u]Blake[/name_u] on a boy, for example, but [name_u]Haley[/name_u] and [name_u]Piper[/name_u] on girls. There are some unisex names that I think go great for either gender, like [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] and [name_u]Riley[/name_u] (although they aren’t my personal favorites, I think they work equally as well for both).

I share the same fondness most Berries have for old-fashioned names, but I can’t stand [name_f]Maude[/name_f]. Ew.

Oh my gosh, I HATE [name_u]Rylee[/name_u]. I hate it on a boy, I hate it on a girl. [name_f]Every[/name_f] time I here that someone named their kid [name_u]Riley[/name_u] I think, “I hate that name! Why? Why [name_u]Rylee[/name_u]?!”
I also don’t like [name_u]Reese[/name_u], [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] or [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. Yuck. They just don’t appeal to me.

There are quite a few names I don’t like, that make me think, “why?” But those are top of my “yuck” list.

Anything absurd and made up. Lakyn, [name_f]Bryleigh[/name_f], Raylynn, [name_m]Braxton[/name_m], [name_m]Brinlee[/name_m], etc. Also, boy names like [name_m]Dagger[/name_m], Stryker, Lokker, etc are ridiculous in my opinion.

Creative spellings irk me unless it’s a name with legitimate multiple spellings (ex, [name_f]Megan[/name_f]/[name_f]Meghan[/name_f], or [name_u]Corbin[/name_u]/[name_u]Korbin[/name_u].) But if you spell [name_f]Emma[/name_f] as Ehymah, that’s just…awful.