😱 Least Favorite Names?

Drop some of your least favorite names of all time, as well as reasons if you feel like it.

Not a place to hate on names, I was just wondering, since usually we only see the names people love here!

Some of mine are:
• [name_m]Felix[/name_m] (because of the character in Wreck it [name_m]Ralph[/name_m] :expressionless: I’m not exactly sure why, but that character always made me feel sick to my stomach)
• [name_u]Harry[/name_u] (I just can’t get the imagery out of my mind of an extremely hairy man :joy: I’m talking hair like dog hair covering the guy’s body.)
• [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] (hate the sound and imagery it gives.)
• [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] (reminds me of Pipsqueak)
• [name_f]Prudence[/name_f] (And basically all other virtue names :sneezing_face:)

Looking forward to what the berries say! :strawberry:

Noooooo! Mah heart! :sweat_smile:

For me…
Ash (reminds me of a burnt up fire)
Astrid, Aster, Aspen (can’t get over the “ass” beginning)
Spencer and Preston (sounds really stuck-up to me, or like mean little boys)

2 Likes

Mostly it’s names of people I’ve not liked: [name_f]Paula[/name_f], [name_u]Lynn[/name_u], [name_u]Celeste[/name_u], [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f], [name_u]Robin[/name_u], [name_f]Denise[/name_f], [name_f]Nicole[/name_f], etc.

[name_u]Or[/name_u] names spelled backward or names about money like [name_f]Tiffany[/name_f], [name_m]Cash[/name_m], [name_u]Chase[/name_u], etc.

1 Like

[name_u]Griffin[/name_u], [name_m]Grant[/name_m] & [name_m]Graham[/name_m]
Anything that ends in ayden/aiden
[name_u]Paisley[/name_u]
Anything that ends in [name_u]Leigh[/name_u]

Nothing wrong with them- just not my favorites.

1 Like

[name_u]Aspen[/name_u]
[name_u]David[/name_u]

1 Like

:joy: I knew that one would upset certain people a lot lol.

Oh yeah, totally with you there!! Especially Spencer—ew.

1 Like

Noooo, my sweet Pippa :pleading_face:

Spencer is one of the only names I dislike – all I hear is suspenders :sweat_smile:

The other one is Sawyer. I’ve tried so hard to like it but I just can’t.

No hate to anyone who loves these names! I try to keep an open mind to every name, and I do like these for others – I just can’t like them myself :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry! :joy:

Eh same.

1 Like

I have alot of least fav names, but mostly just really popular names and really vintage girl names (Esther, Mary)
Also -ayden/aiden names for boys
Also not a huge fan of -arry names for boys expect for [name_u]Barry[/name_u]
I hate [name_u]Sloane[/name_u], [name_u]Harry[/name_u] & [name_f]Prudence[/name_f] too
I used to like [name_m]Felix[/name_m], but Im just not a fan anymore

1 Like

I’ve worked with both children, and the elderly, so a LOT of names are…for better or worse, I can’t separate them from the person I worked with who had it. Nbd, except there are so many boy names people adore on here where I’m like, “no, but that’s the grumpy 92 year old man I worked with. How could that name possibly work on a sweet little boy.”

2 Likes

I like [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] a lot!

What do you like about it? Maybe I can learn to like it :upside_down_face:

1 Like

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f], I think I’m just tired of it
[name_u]Terry[/name_u]
[name_u]Chance[/name_u], I’ve had too many unpleasant classmates with this name
Augusta/Augustus, I don’t like how they sound

1 Like

Well I like [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] because it has the effortlessly cool vibe of an :sparkles: American :sparkles: name, and the letters remind me of Space :ringer_planet: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes

Quite possible why I don’t like it. :sweat_smile: I mean, I’m grateful to live in America, but our name taste seems so much less classy and interesting than other parts of the world… I guess the grass is greener on the other side lol

5 Likes

Oh definitely. Envy is a strong word but sometimes I wished I had the freedom to just use a word like Summer or Heather or Kestrel as a name like you guys do.

3 Likes

It feels very preppy American without feeling too American (not a problem for Americans, but I am from a place in Middle-South Europe which is way more conservative with names than, [name_u]America[/name_u] and it would feel out of space for me culturally or I do not know) so I can actually use it without making it a guilty pleasure! Plus, unlike [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] / [name_m]Nicolas[/name_m] or other names here, it is actually easy to spell and straightforward to read! It feels gender neutral enough to not feel too masc or too femm for EVERYONE!

Plus, it feels elegant and simple enough. [name_f]Elegance[/name_f] is quiet important for me. Yes.
And I like how it looks on paper.
Such a great name. Also reminds me of [name_f]Diana[/name_f] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u].

3 Likes

you’ve been disowned, lulie :joy:

for me, i can’t like aurelia, and i really did try! and crispin, the name of woes for me. it makes me feel very funny, as if it’s a word that shouldn’t be one.

2 Likes

I’m sorry Cantaloupe :joy:

2 Likes

I know this one will upset a lot of people but, [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], sorry!! I just don’t get the appeal and I really don’t like it. I also don’t like [name_u]Sloane[/name_u], [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] & [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] / [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] (I like august though)

2 Likes