Leelee Sobieski

Actress [name]Leelee[/name] Sobieski had a daughter on Decemeber 17!
She and her fiance just released the name…

Louisanna [name]Ray[/name]

WDYT?

[name]Louisianna[/name] seems made up. I would have preferred [name]Louisiana[/name], and then only as a middle name. As a first name, [name]Luisa[/name], [name]Louisa[/name], [name]Anna[/name], [name]Anneliese[/name], [name]Annora[/name], [name]Susannah[/name], or [name]Annika[/name] would have been much better. If they had to use a state name, what’s wrong with [name]Georgia[/name], [name]Georgiana[/name], [name]Virginia[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], or [name]Carolina[/name]?
[name]Ray[/name] seems like a boys’ name. I can live with it, although [name]Kay[/name], [name]Faye[/name], [name]Bay[/name], or [name]Shea[/name] would have been far nicer.
Congrats to them on their baby, though!

All in all, I like it. [name]Louisianna[/name], yes, in the states sounds like they were tampering with [name]Louisiana[/name] the state. If it were me, I probably would have gone with [name]Louisiana[/name], but then I like place names. I see [name]Louisianna[/name] as I see names like [name]Annelise[/name], [name]Marianne[/name], [name]Annabelle[/name], etc. - all legit compound names. Congrats [name]LeeLee[/name] on your daughter and her lovely name!

It definitely could have been worse. Although [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] or [name]Louisiana[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] would have been very nice, all in all it’s a pretty name. Though I would have liked it better if they had spelled [name]Louisiana[/name] correctly. [name]Louisianna[/name] seems too much.
I’d like very much to see the future siblings’ names.

Congratulations to them on their new daughter!!

[name]LeeLee[/name] had a [name]LouLou[/name]. :wink:

I like it! Although I agree it would have been better spelled as a place name. I’m not crazy about the middle name, but all in all I think it’s very pretty!

Maybe they didnt like any other state names…hmmm?

I think that Nameberry may have had a typo, because in People Magazine (and other magazines), the name is listed as Louisanna, not [name]Louisianna[/name]. Hmm…