Legitimate sounding 'combination' names

While we’re still trying to finalise girly no.3’s middle names (due in 4 days!) I keep coming back to the idea of combining parents names and how it can sometimes produce really lovely results. I don’t just mean sticking 2 names like [name]Jamie[/name] and [name]Lynn[/name] together to create Jamielynn or similar but others which are a little more imaginative - but not too creative that it ends up sounding made up or very trendy?

For example, I like how I could get quite a few nice sounding names from combining my name ([name]Rebecca[/name]) and my husbands name ([name]Samuel[/name]), some are obviously more of a stretch to reach a ‘proper’ name but still work

For girls I can think of

Sabriel (possibly my favourite)
[name]Sabina[/name]
[name]Samara[/name]
Samea/[name]Samia[/name]
Sarica

For boys

Remuel
[name]Remy[/name]
Rabuel
Ramuel
Bexam

Am sure there are a few others but can’t remember right now. Can you think of any more? Have you got any combination names specifically family ones that you would like to use?

I like [name]Samara[/name] but can’t help picturing the girl from the ring - and I’ve only seen it once - most annoying!

Also like Sabriel/Sabriella, not sure if I love it enough to use, maybe as a middle name if I am brave enough. Think my husband would go for Sabriel but maybe not the -ella version. [name]Thea[/name] Sabriella [name]Faith[/name] - actually quite like the sound of that! :slight_smile:

Sabriel is gorgeous as a middle name. I’ve loved the name since I read [name]Garth[/name] [name]Nix[/name]'s book, Sabriel. Of course the Sabriel in the book is a necromancer who can bounce back and forth between the living and the dead… not a bad association, but maybe not the best?

Still, it’s a gorgeous sounding name and I’ve never run across anyone other than myself who’s even heard of the book, so it’s probably safe in the middle. :slight_smile:

I really like [name]Remy[/name], for either a boy or a girl - it’s one of the truly unisex names in my opinion, and very distinguished to boot. Also like [name]Sabina[/name], or [name]Sabine[/name] - like you, I think of The [name]Ring[/name] with [name]Samara[/name], ugh.

I have a friend [name]Regina[/name] - which obviously is totally legitimate, but the reason she got that name is because her parents are [name]Greg[/name] and [name]Tina[/name] - pretty cool to be able to use the last three letters of both! :slight_smile:

[name]Rebel[/name] would work. I knew a family who had that as a family name. Had been passed down a few generations. [name]Remy[/name] has been one of my favorite names for quite some time, particularly for a boy, but I would agree it’s one of the FEW truly unisex names. I’m in the minority here in that I do like some “smoosh” names, such as [name]Gracelynn[/name].

I really like [name]Samara[/name]. If it helps get the ring association out of your head, samara is the name for the “helicopter” seeds that fall from maples and other types of trees. I saw the ring also, but I had already taken botany, so my reference for that name is the pretty swirling maple seeds that I used to play with as a kid :slight_smile:

I like Sabriel & [name]Samara[/name] as well. I think Sabriel is my favorite. There was an actress in some show I used to watch named Samaire (suh-mair) which was close to [name]Samara[/name].

([name]Rebecca[/name]) and my husbands name ([name]Samuel[/name])

[name]Merle[/name]
[name]Uma[/name]
Suma
Sumera
Emela/[name]Emele[/name]
[name]Lem[/name]
[name]Summer[/name]
[name]Erla[/name]
Cersae
Besecca
Sarla
Luma
Cambea
[name]Beale[/name]

I do wanted to do this for my sons middle name since we couldn’t decide which grandpas name we wanted to use. It was between [name]David[/name] and [name]Patrick[/name]. I wanted to squish [name]Em[/name] together to make Daverick. Sounds like [name]Maverick[/name]. Had meaning but hubby turned it down. So he ended up being named [name]Pilot[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]. I still wish that I would have pushed a little more for Daverick.
What bout…
[name]Reese[/name], [name]Bix[/name], [name]Beck[/name], Semra, [name]Carys[/name], [name]Beryl[/name]

Idk! :slight_smile: I like [name]Samara[/name] though!

Resa (REbecca and SAmuel?)

I love [name]Samara[/name]! I like The [name]Ring[/name] but that movie won’t be around forever, so I don’t think it should be completely off the table.

Bexam is super cute! But, it reminds me of buxom :frowning:

Sabriel is actually very striking. [name]Thea[/name] Sabriel or Sabriella would be lovely.