Lemon...

I saw your post earlier, but I figured I’d post a seperate thread to explain the whole thing. And thanks for asking!

Our list has gotten longer!!! I wasn’t going to add any names, but when he started throwing more names out there ([name]Cali[/name] and [name]Haley[/name]), I figured he wasn’t completely happy with the ones we have. So I’ve been going through the top 1000, (100 a day so its not overwhelming to him). I cross off the ones I absolutely refuse to name my daughter, leaving ones that I may not like too much, but willing to keep an open mind. Then he’ll cross off his. Then what’s left we’ve been putting on a running list. After we’re done with the 1000, we’ll go through our running list again and reevaluate it. We just have to be done in 6 weeks! But I’m sure we’ll still bring a list with to the hospital. lol

I know I’m not [name]Lemon[/name], but I just wanted to wish you luck! That seems like such a daunting task! I wish you the best!

Thank you! And it’s quite alright… anyone can comment back. I don’t mind!

Oh my goodness, such a task! But, if your husband continues to think of new names, I believe you are right in assuming he isn’t totally satisfied. I’m sorry this naming process is such a chore for you this time around, but your plan seems like a solid one. [name]How[/name] could you miss the perfect name for [name]Jacob[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name]'s sibling in the Top 1000? (In fact, I think I might do a similar sort of thing as a game!) I’d just like to say, though, that I personally wouldn’t leave on names that I wasn’t loving. I think that in most situations, having an open mind is the best policy, but, in naming your child, you either love it or you don’t. To each his own, though. Good luck, and let us know if you need more help!

Thanks! But I don’t mind if that’s what it takes to find the perfect name for our new daughter! (And like I said before I have nothing better to do when [name]Alanna[/name] takes her nap - lol). There are only 2 names on our list that aren’t in the top 1000 - [name]Roslyn[/name] ([name]Rozlynn[/name]) and [name]Leighton[/name] (which is my favorite for right now - oh how I change my mind! lol But I’m pretty sure that one will get nixed from the list by hubby.) I’m sure I’ll need help when it gets closer (we are up to 17 names), but I will definitely keep you all updated!

Oh - and as far as leaving on names I don’t love… well then we wouldn’t get far! lol First, I want him to see that I’m not vetoing ALL of his names. Second, I figured we’d each make a list of our faves after the 1000, and that would weed out the ones I don’t love. Then we’d only consider ones that were on [name]BOTH[/name] lists.

Perfect nap time activity!

Wow, I cannot believe that [name]Leighton[/name] isn’t in the Top 1000! I mean, honestly, some of the names that ARE on that list I cannot believe, either… 17 names? I just hope it doesn’t get to 40 (for your sake)! I did just notice that you posted your current top 10 names for girls, and they do seem to change quite a bit. I know you and your husband will find a great one, though!

(I really hope nobody is silly enough to think that you want to name your child [name]Lemon[/name]! It is just a word that uses my initials…)

this sounds like a fun thing to try! Maybe dh & I can agree on something! Where are you getting the list of top 1,000 names??? Thanks!

Try this, kellihope: Popular Baby Names

Scroll down to Popular Names By Birth Year, use 2008 (most updated), and enter Top 1000. Start searching! Good luck!

PS: If you want something similar to your daughter’s name ([name]Isla[/name], right?) then try the 600s. That is where [name]Isla[/name] is… :slight_smile:

[name]Lemon[/name] - Yes, they change a bit, but that also is based just on what me and hubby are considering right now (with the exception of [name]Seneca[/name] b/c he doesn’t like it at all). Well, if it does get to 40 (or more - lets hope not) names, then I’ll probably break it down into the groups of 100 again - picking our top 3 names from each group just to make it easier. Then going from there. I’m not quite sure what my exact method will be until I see that list we’re going to end up with after the 1000.

Lol - naming my child [name]Lemon[/name]. I think I’d prefer [name]Apple[/name]! lol

in the US the website for the top 1000 names is:

you’ll scroll down to popular names and then choose 2008, top 1000.

i’m signing off for today - i have a lot of things to get done this afternoon and evening. see you ladies tomorrow!

Yep, that’s her! Thanks I’ll check it out!