Lemon's Boy Name Ideas - Go to Page 3!

[name]Hi[/name], all!

I’m just giddy with all of your replies and wonderful comments and advice! But, now I’m worried. It seems that I could easily give each of my favorite girl names a C middle name, but I really don’t want to do that for girls and not boys…

I love [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] most, and I think [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] “[name]Maggie[/name]” is really precious, too. [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name], originally [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ruby[/name], is actually taking over in place of [name]Anna[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] for me. I think it just has a bit more sparkle power, maybe, but [name]Anna[/name] is still in the running for future children! So, I was thinking about [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Sarah[/name], to honor my twin sister, [name]Sarah[/name]. Does anybody have any opinion on this? If you hate it, what other non-C name would you suggest with [name]Emmeline[/name]?

On to the boys - the point of this! I’ve whittled it down at last, with your stellar assistance. Now, if you don’t mind doing this again, I’d like you to pick your top three or so names that work alone, together, and with my favorite girl names. Here are the choices:

[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name] - [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Boyd[/name] - [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] (too weird?) - [name]Peter[/name] [name]Lennox[/name]
[name]Julian[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Boyd[/name] - [name]William[/name] [name]Lennox[/name]

Thanks bunches!

PS: Oh, just pick your favorite names, without concern to surname. I’m far from finding that special someone to have children with, so these names will likely change, and the issue of the surname would obviously be undecided at this point…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I pick [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name], [name]Julian[/name] [name]Patrick[/name], and [name]William[/name] [name]Boyd[/name]. [name]Lovely[/name] as a sibset, great individually.

[name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Boyd[/name]
[name]Julian[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]

These are my top three, in no particular order

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Lauren[/name]! I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Sarah[/name].

For the boys:
[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Lennox[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name]

[name]Lydia[/name] is one of my favorite girls names! Good choice!

[name]Love[/name]- [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Ezra[/name]. Also, [name]Nathan[/name] [name]Ezra[/name] is nice. [name]Love[/name] both [name]Peter[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] and [name]Peter[/name] [name]Lennox[/name] so unfortunately Im not much help there. [name]Patrick[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] also works for me.
[name]Emmeline[/name] & [name]Henry[/name] sound good together, to me, anyway.
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Clair[/name] & [name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]. Altough, alone [name]Henry[/name] is not my favorite name out of your choices.

[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Ezra[/name] & [name]Patrick[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] would probably be my favorite all together. I don’t know how you feel about [name]Patric[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name]?

As for other middle names for [name]Emmeline[/name]…
Lousie
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Winter[/name]
[name]Alexandra[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Lemon[/name],

Your girl names are wonderful! Your more recent idea of [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name] does have great sparkle! I think having all C middle names for the girls is fine in this case, because it is not contrived at all – would not be outwardly noticable – and the girls would know it occurred naturally because you just happened to love those names.

On the issue of using [name]Sarah[/name] and [name]Price[/name]… do you know if your sister has thought of using those names for her chidren someday? Also, I am curious – does [name]Sarah[/name] share your interest in names?

All your boy choices are great, so it is VERY tough to choose. If forced to pick three:

[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name] (close runner up: [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Ezra[/name])
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] (Not too weird at all)
[name]Julian[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] (runner up: [name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name])

[name]Hi[/name], again! Okay, so much to respond to! This will be long…

[name]ALEXIS[/name]

I adore the set you put together! [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name], [name]Julian[/name] [name]Patrick[/name], and [name]William[/name] [name]Boyd[/name] sound so handsome and crisp together.

SPROUT

[name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name], [name]William[/name] [name]Boyd[/name], and [name]Julian[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] are amazing together! We should just merge you and [name]Alexis[/name] together and we’d have the set of [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name], [name]William[/name] [name]Boyd[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name], and [name]Julian[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] - perhaps my favorite first names in the bunch!

[name]RAQUEL[/name]

I’m glad you like [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Sarah[/name] with [name]Emmeline[/name]! Sometimes I’m not sure of [name]Ruby[/name] - you like [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ruby[/name], though, so that’s good!

[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name], [name]William[/name] [name]Lennox[/name], and [name]Peter[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] is adorable as a set!

[name]SARA[/name]

I am really liking [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Ezra[/name], as it sounds very vintage colonial to me. [name]Peter[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] or [name]Peter[/name] [name]Lennox[/name]? Well, I suppose, since you like [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Ezra[/name], [name]Peter[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] would go best with him, right?

I’m not totally sold on the middle names for [name]Emmeline[/name]. See, [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] each have a “family” name, as [name]Catherine[/name] is the middle name of a great-grandmother and [name]Margaret[/name] is a great-aunt - not to mention my mom wanted to name me [name]Maggie[/name]! That’s really why I love it so much. That’s why I was trying to fit a family name in with [name]Emmeline[/name], through either [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] or [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ruby[/name], as [name]Ruby[/name] was my great-grandmother and [name]Sarah[/name] is both my twin sister and a distant relative. Then I thought of my own middle name, [name]Elyse[/name], and came up with [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Elise[/name]? To much E and L? Big problem is that I don’t have bunches of names I love from family on the men’s side, but [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]William[/name] [name]Boyd[/name] work!

EVERWAITEING

No, my sister doesn’t want to use either her name or her middle name for future children. I suggested it once, and she all but slapped me! She does love names, but it isn’t as much as I do. We also have very different taste - for instance, she hates [name]Patrick[/name] and thinks my other names are all stuffy, “Mayflower” names! Weirdo…

Actually, the names she likes for future children all center around one she had a dream about, [name]Rhys[/name]. [name]Rhys[/name] is perfect for her, really, and I could definitely see her with a baby named [name]Rhys[/name]. The funny thing is that, according to babynames.com, [name]Price[/name] - her middle name - means “son of [name]Rhys[/name].” Strange connection! Her favorites are as follows:

[name]Rhys[/name] [name]Nicolas[/name]
[name]Callum[/name] [name]Wyatt[/name]
Wils [name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Declan[/name] [name]Marcus[/name]

For a girl, she only seems to like [name]Tegan[/name] [name]Olivia[/name], but her second choice would be [name]Piper[/name]. See? Different taste. But, I do like her names, honestly. There’d be a huge problem if I wanted [name]William[/name] but she had a Wils, though, and then there is the [name]Gabriel[/name] issue, which makes me not want to use [name]Peter[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] even more…

I really do like [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name], [name]Peter[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name], and [name]Julian[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] together, though. Maybe I should just stop worrying about family names!

Thanks, all!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Lemon[/name],

I did not mean to rain on your [name]Peter[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] parade! The singer was the very first thing I thought of when I saw the name, but it sounds like the association is not that strong for you. And maybe it wouldn’t be for a lot of people. So if you love it, go for it! [name]How[/name] funny that, with your two different styles, [name]Gabriel[/name] was on both your list your sister’s! My solution to that (and the [name]William[/name] issue) would be that whoever gets to use it first can have it! But you will probably come up with a more compromising, diplomatic solution!

My favorites from your list are, in order, [name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Julian[/name] [name]Patrick[/name], and [name]William[/name] [name]Boyd[/name]-- so nice! Your girl choices-- [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Eliza[/name], and [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name]-- are really lovely as well. To me, [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] sounds a bit more regal than some of your other girl and boy choices, but I still like it and feel like it goes. I wouldn’t worry too much about having two C-middles, although I think the more important consideration might be to have a family connection for each. If you want to go that route, [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] would be a nice alternative. I love the idea of [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Elise[/name], but I’m thinking it might be too much E and L in there. You have great options, though!

Hoodie,

[name]Don[/name]'t worry about raining on my parade! Honestly, [name]Peter[/name] is not my favorite of the favorites when it comes to first names, so it likely wouldn’t have been an issue, anyway.

Could you elaborate on why [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] feels more “regal” than some other choices?

Also, I think you are right about [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Elise[/name], but [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] is really growing on me! I think it is sweet to have my sister’s name in there. Family names aren’t vital - neither [name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] nor [name]Julian[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] have any family names in them, but I still adore the both of them! It just so happens that [name]Catherine[/name] is a distant family member, but I love [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] so much! [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] has less of a family connection, but I know my mom loves [name]Maggie[/name], and that gives this name a soft spot in my heart, too. [name]Emmeline[/name]'s middle name remains a work in progress, I suppose, though I do like [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Violet[/name]…

Thank you!

I’m not exactly sure why [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] sounds more regal… and actually regal may not be quite the right word. I just think that some of your other names have this sort of Northern colonial charm to them (especially [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name],) whereas both [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Catherine[/name] sound more… I don’t know, more ‘[name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name]’ to me. But as I’m writing, I am realizing that the two styles may not be too different and that actually many of your other choices were/could be in [name]Austen[/name] novels (certainly [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name](beth [name]Bennet[/name])). Anyway, it is such a tiny distinction and I doubt it even makes sense to anyone but me! I think it’s just a matter of different associations with the names. But I really do think they all go together wonderfully, and [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] may be the most beautiful of the lot!

PS, I am also liking [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Violet[/name]!

Hoodie,

Ha! Yes, [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] is very Austenian, isn’t it? [name]Eliza[/name], actually, I got from Miss [name]Bennet[/name]. I love it! Coincidentally, [name]Margaret[/name] is a character in Sense and Sensibility, and [name]Emmeline[/name] reminds me of, well, [name]Emma[/name]! I see what you are saying, but [name]Lydia[/name] also sounds very vintage Colonial to me, so they work in my mind. You seem to think they work together, too, but perhaps they don’t need to “match” just so…

Oh! You like [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Violet[/name]? Which do you like best - or with the other names? I also just thought of [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Julia[/name], but I couldn’t use that with [name]Julian[/name]! What others? [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Alice[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Frances[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Rosanna[/name], or [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]? What is your favorite [name]Emmeline[/name] combination?

Yes, as I was writing about your girl names, I kept thinking more and more of how they all had that lovely [name]Austen[/name] ring to them!! I definitely agree that they do not have to match up exactly; after all, the personalities will not! I’m glad you were able to articulate the point that I was struggling to get across!

As for [name]Emmeline[/name], I love:
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name] (is the one out because of the C?)
*[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Violet[/name] (I think the vowel harmony of the I sound is lovely)
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Alice[/name]

What do you think of
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Flora[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Susanna[/name]
?

Hoodie,

I wouldn’t say that [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is out, per se. Though I do love it, I don’t know if it has that same ‘something’ that I feel [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] have. I can’t put my finger on it! [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name] sounds like a very straitlaced and crisp name, which is usually something that appeals to me, but compared to [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], does it have “it”?

[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Violet[/name] does have a cool rhyme-y sound, doesn’t it? [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Alice[/name] is too L-heavy? [name]Alice[/name] really appeals to me - it used to be on my first name list, but I thought it might be too bland next to more feminine options. But, [name]Alice[/name] feels very whimsical to me!

Oh! [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Flora[/name] is lovely! So, well, romantic! What a pretty suggestion! I was about to say that I was really falling for [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Frances[/name], but [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Flora[/name] is so much better, right? I do like [name]Susannah[/name], but I feel like maybe the style is a bit off with [name]Emmeline[/name]. Funny, but I see [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Susannah[/name] together, but not [name]Emmeline[/name] with [name]Susannah[/name]…

Thank you so much! Why has this suddenly gone back to the girls? They’re just so much fun, right?

But, I think I’m falling harder and harder for [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Julian[/name] [name]Patrick[/name], and [name]William[/name] [name]Boyd[/name]. And, it is totally fine with me that only two of the four favorites have family names. Yay!

Aha! I found the thread! :slight_smile:

[name]Henry[/name]: My all-time favorite boys’ name!
[name]Julian[/name]: I think it’s very handsome…
[name]Patrick[/name]: I like [name]Patrick[/name] a lot…
[name]Nathaniel[/name]: Like [name]Henry[/name], it’s one of my favorites…
[name]Peter[/name]: I love it!
[name]William[/name]: [name]Love[/name] it!
[name]Lucas[/name]: I love the others more, but I do think it’s really handsome. I guess I think of [name]Luke[/name] as a classic name (I think it’s on the list of Classics on Nameberry), and [name]Lucas[/name] as a more modern sounding name.

MIDDLE
[name]Elias[/name]: I love it!
[name]Ezra[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Ezra[/name]!
[name]Frederick[/name]: Ooh…I love [name]Frederick[/name]…
[name]Patrick[/name]: I think it’s great as a middle…I love your [name]Julian[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] combo…
[name]Russell[/name]: I can see its appeal, but I just love some of the others more…
[name]Theodore[/name]: I love it!!!
[name]Gabriel[/name]: [name]LOVE[/name]!
[name]Simon[/name]: I love [name]Simon[/name]…
[name]Oliver[/name]: I love it!
[name]Lennox[/name]: I’m trying to like it, but at the moment, am thinking of my [name]China[/name]. I’ll work on it…:slight_smile:
[name]William[/name]: So handsome…
[name]James[/name]: I love it!
[name]Lucas[/name]: I think it’s a great middle!

[name]Henry[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]/[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Elias[/name] (I’m pronouncing the E in [name]Elias[/name] like “uh”)

I love [name]Julian[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name]. (I also love [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Henry[/name]…)

It’s too bad there’s a singer named [name]Peter[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name], because I love it! From your list, I also love [name]Peter[/name] [name]Elias[/name].

[name]William[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Peter[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Russell[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Frederick[/name]

I love so many of your middles as first names, too! I think that [name]Henry[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]Julian[/name], and [name]William[/name] are great together (I think those are your top 4), and I also love:

[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]

Take care! :slight_smile:

Wow, what a reply, [name]Jill[/name]! Those are great!

You’re right - I’m leaning along the lines of my top four being [name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name], [name]Julian[/name] [name]Patrick[/name], and [name]William[/name] [name]Boyd[/name]. I honestly cannot tell you right now which is my favorite, though! That’s a good sign, I think…

I love your top choices, especially the first two!

My favourite from your [name]Emmeline[/name] choices are:

[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Flora[/name].
I think the [name]Frances[/name] combination is my favourite!

I love your top choices, especially the first two!

My favourite from your [name]Emmeline[/name] choices are:

[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Flora[/name].
I think the [name]Frances[/name] combination is my favourite![/quote]

Thanks, Mummy! So, is [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] not for you? I was kind of liking that one more this morning…

It is a constantly changing preference.

I’m glad you’re not getting bogged down with trying to use family names for all of the boy names. After all, it is more important for you to love the names, and it sounds like you do-- yay!

I don’t think [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Alice[/name] sounds too L-heavy. I agree that it is more whimsical and subtly feminine rather than gorgeous and girly like many of your others. I still like it, though! I also agree with you that [name]Frances[/name] is classic, but may not have quite the spark and beauty of some of your others. Personally I do like [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Flora[/name] better. And I’m laughing because [name]Susannah[/name] reminds me more of the style of [name]Emmeline[/name] than [name]Lydia[/name]! But no, it’s not my favorite as a middle for [name]Emmeline[/name], either! [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is so pretty… I am going on about the girl names, but you’re right, they’re so much fun :smiley:

Ha! Oh, Hoodie, whatever…

I think my favorites are [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Sarah[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Flora[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Violet[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Sophia[/name], and [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ruby[/name], in no particular order. Did I forget any really great ones? Hmm…

Haha, agreed :wink: My favorites are [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Sarah[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Flora[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Violet[/name]. All gorgeous, though!