Lena

I’ve recently come across the name [name_f]Lena[/name_f]. It’s seems so pretty. I’d love to know your thoughts x

1 Like

It is pretty! Simple, sophisticated and international. It’s the name of the second daughter of the Queen’s granddaughter [name_f]Zara[/name_f] Tindall.

2 Likes

It’s pretty, easy to pronounce, and easy to spell.

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it! Sweet, chic, and works in many languages. I would advise that people might pronounce it lee-na, leh-na, and lay-na if that would frustrate you. But it’s a lovely name!

3 Likes

I think [name_f]Lena[/name_f] is gorgeous!

She is really international, elegant and simple a very graceful name that’s super sweet.

2 Likes

Right off the bat I have always thought [name_f]Lena[/name_f] to be pretty, sleek, mature, and thank god not commonly heard around the neighborhood. my one and only issue with it is pronunciation: even as of right now I still am not sure as to what is correct.
I’ve always gravitated toward saying (LEE-na) but my mom gravitates toward (LEH-na) or maybe even more of a (LEN-ah) sound. it leads to confusion for me

1 Like

I nannied a [name_f]Lena[/name_f] (lee-nuh) for a long time! It’s a nice name - simple, chic, classy but cute. I prefer the lee-nuh pronunciation and it’s what I default to, but I also think lenn-uh is cool. I’m not a huge fan of lay-nuh but I don’t dislike it either. The biggest issue with [name_f]Lena[/name_f] is that there are three equally common pronunciations so you might have to correct it pretty often. I personally prefer [name_f]Leta[/name_f] / [name_f]Lita[/name_f], but [name_f]Lena[/name_f] is definitely a great name.

1 Like

[name_f]Lena[/name_f] is sweet, warm and

1 Like

[name_f]Lena[/name_f] is lovely. :relaxed: As a stand-alone name, I tend to pronounce it as LEE-nuh, as the [name_f]Lena[/name_f] I know pronounces hers that way. But, I also love the LAY-nuh pronunciation, as in a nickname for [name_f]Yelena[/name_f] or [name_f]Helena[/name_f] (when the latter is prn. heh-LAY-nuh). I think [name_f]Lena[/name_f] has a really sweet, homey feeling to it. Very warm and cuddly!

1 Like

It’s a lovely name but using the LAY-nuh pronunciation.

I love [name_f]Lena[/name_f]. It’s rather popular where I live, but it hasn’t lost its charm for me.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it so much-one of my favorites

1 Like

[name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] and sexy and glamorous and smart.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Lena[/name_f]! It has a really cool self-contained quality to it that reminds me of more popular names. The only note I have for this name is that there are multiple commonly used pronunciations, so if you strongly prefer one pronunciation, that’s something to keep in mind.

1 Like

[name_f]Lena[/name_f] (lee-nuh) has also been growing on me recently! Simple, gorgeous, and extremely versatile.

I love it! So simple and elegant. I pronounce it LEE-nuh, but I do like both leh-na and lay-na as well.