Lennon for a girl?

What do you think of [name]Lennon[/name] for a girl? What would your first thoughts be if you heard this name for a little girl? Too much Beatles? Cute? What do you think?

I just heard this the other day and it’s starting to grow on me. My husband and I like [name]Lennon[/name] [name]Faye[/name]. Thoughts? Possible nicknames? The only connotation I dislike is [name]Lenin[/name].

nn [name]Lenn[/name], Lenni? Any others?

yeah its so cute i think i like it better for a girl. nonny as a nn.

I think Lenni as a nn is really cute. I like [name]London[/name] for a girl and I think [name]Lennon[/name] is pretty similar. I think it would make a good mn too .

What about [name]Lenna[/name] (yea I kind of made that up but I think it’s nice) or [name]Lena[/name]?

I like [name]Lennon[/name] but for me it’s more a boys name because all I can think of is [name]John[/name]. Also it is quite similar to lemon.

Thanks for the suggestions. We keep thinking about this name, but I wonder if it’s too out there. I really like it though–besides using the full name, we’d call her Lenni [name]Faye[/name]. What do you think?

I like it, and the nn [name]Leni[/name] is really cute.

Lenni is a cute nickname, but I still think I like [name]Lennon[/name] better as a middle name.

It sounds nice, I like the nickname [name]Leni[/name], Lenni looks a little weird but ok (don’t know why I don’t like it with 2 Ns, puzzling). I’m not a big fan of direct reference namesakes, across the board, unless it’s your own family, that’s my exception. That’s a personal preference. Names say a lot about the parents, and I guess I think that would draw always the particular question you don’t want to answer for the 9000th time - and then for your daughter, who might not even like his music or the rest about him - not everyone’s style, and I don’t think even with exposure, you can make your children appreciate good music you want them to like with you, but this would be her name for life, unless she changes it if she dislikes it enough (not saying she would necessarily dislike it at all, but this is a possibility). I like [name]John[/name] [name]Lennon[/name], I would not necessarily put that bumper sticker directly on my child, but some people might. It’s one of the reasons I think [name]John[/name] is one of my top choice for boys, I also like [name]Lena[/name] and never really made a connection, so I don’t know if that’s the best namesake, it’s certainly obscure if I missed it, but I’ve loved the name [name]Lena[/name] for a while now. [name]Julia[/name] for his mother, maybe, or [name]Jane[/name], [name]Jean[/name], [name]Joan[/name], some form of either is a feminization of [name]John[/name]. If you like [name]Lennon[/name] for a girl, or a boy, I can’t say that’s the wrong thing for you. It certainly sounds like a nice name, and I don’t have strong feelings what gender name it sounds like, so, either.

The funny thing is, for us, we don’t like the name [name]Lennon[/name] because of [name]John[/name]. Certainly, we both are Beatles fans–my dad made sure I knew all of their songs by about age 8, haha–but really, we just like the sound of the name. I know people will at first associate it with [name]John[/name], but we don’t find it to be a negative association by any means, just a more unusual one. I’m unsure what our families will think, but then again, if we love it, we’ll use it. Although this might be a moot point–we don’t know what we’re having yet!

[name]Love[/name] it! Lenni or [name]Leni[/name] would be such a cute nickname!

It does make me think of [name]John[/name] [name]Lennon[/name] but, I think it could work for a girl.