LENNON-need suggestions pls.

one name we were considering for a boy was lennon, but i seriously hate the nn ‘len’ or 'lenny’what do you think the chances of a boy named lennon being called len or lenny?

we like felix (but most ppl say what??? felix is a cat…!)
henry
milo
arlo

also like jasper, and augustine/augustus nn gus but unfortunately we know some friends with those names… UGH hate this…

[name]Hi[/name]! I think it may be difficult for [name]Lennon[/name] to go through life being called only “[name]Lennon[/name],” because I’m guessing that his peers (and others) will graviatate toward the natural “[name]Len[/name]” nickname. (I also wonder if [name]Lennon[/name] will be mistaken for [name]Lemon[/name].)

[name]Felix[/name]: I think that [name]Felix[/name] is a great name!
[name]Henry[/name]: One of my favorites!
[name]Milo[/name]: I love this, too.
[name]Arlo[/name]: I think this name is also fantastic. :slight_smile:

I prefer all of these names to [name]Lennon[/name], which has a trendier feel to me.

More names you may like:

[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name] (nn [name]Abe[/name])
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Franklin[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] (nn [name]Theo[/name])

Names that remind me of [name]Lennon[/name]:

[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Abbott[/name] (nn [name]Abe[/name])
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Kellan[/name]
[name]Maxfield[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Wilson[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I think you have some great names here (except [name]FELIX[/name] [I had [name]Julian[/name] here before for some random reason] - I don’t personally care for that)! Out of yours, I love [name]Henry[/name] [name]Lennon[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Augustus[/name], and [name]Arlo[/name] [name]Henry[/name].

I don’t think [name]Lennon[/name] will necessarily be shortened to [name]Lenny[/name], but it might be shortened to [name]Len[/name] in passing. For example, perhaps even you would do this if you are calling your children to the table for dinner: “[name]Len[/name], XX, XX, come for dinner!” But, at the same time, I think if you always call him [name]Lennon[/name], he might not be called those names. It is like [name]Hudson[/name] - I don’t think he would be called Hud. With an association with [name]John[/name] [name]Lennon[/name], I wouldn’t shorten the name as I might with [name]Leonard[/name] or something…

Best of luck!

I like [name]Lemon[/name]'s idea of using [name]Lennon[/name] as a mn if you’re really concerned about the [name]Len[/name] nn. I didn’t want to name my son [name]Jacob[/name] b/c I hated the nn [name]Jake[/name]. Almost 7 yrs later, I couldn’t see him being any other name. He is called [name]Jake[/name] by a lot of ppl, and it took me a long time to get used to it. But he doesn’t like [name]Jake[/name] either, so he’ll tell ppl to call him [name]Jacob[/name] instead.

I think you have some great names here (except [name]FELIX[/name] [I had [name]Julian[/name] here before for some random reason] - I don’t personally care for that)!

HAHA-yes funny because after that i suggested ‘julian’ to which my partner replied a nickname would be ‘[name]Jude[/name]’ i like this a lot becuase i like jude, but would want a longer name, and like jude for a nn instead.

i dont know, hopefully over the next 22 weeks we can decide… ive also been told to have a few names you like and then wait til your baby introduces him/her self to you and then you’ll know what his name is.

[name]Jude[/name] is great on its own in my opinion, but you could use [name]Judah[/name] or [name]Judson[/name] for a longer name…

[quote="

[name"]
Jude[/name] is great on its own in my opinion, but you could use [name]Judah[/name] or [name]Judson[/name] for a longer name…
[/quote]

hmmm well i dont like judah, sounds too biblical and maybe judeson. thanks for the suggestions

I feel your pin with this nick name thing! It is like the entire world is so LAZY. You want to name your son [name]Lennon[/name], if you wanted him to be called [name]Len[/name] you would name him [name]Len[/name] right??? Unfortunately pp will call him [name]Len[/name] which is sad because [name]Lennon[/name] or lennox is a wonderful name while [name]Len[/name] is NOT. I am also having a boy very soon and have had to eliminate many names because of nn I didn’t like. The only way to be safe is to give your son a short name like [name]Jude[/name] that way no one can shorten it. I really like [name]Felix[/name], the ppl who say it reminds them of the cat will get used to calling your son felix and soon will associate that name wit your son. I felt like jemima gross like aunt jemima but after meeting a pretty sweet english girl by that name now I have an entire different association.

I also love [name]Milo[/name]. [name]Henry[/name] is cute but really popular. [name]Arlo[/name] not my style.

i know someone named [name]Lennon[/name] - and everyone calls him [name]Lennon[/name]. not sure if they ever tried to call him something else, but he pretty successfully goes by lennon. great name.

[name]Milo[/name] is great. what about [name]Miles[/name] or [name]Myles[/name]?
[name]Felix[/name] - also great.
[name]Henry[/name] - have you thought about [name]Harrison[/name], or [name]Harris[/name]?
[name]Arlo[/name] - what about [name]Arno[/name]? French version of [name]Arnold[/name]. same style spunk.

what about agostino? could go by [name]Dino[/name] for a nn. like dino de laurentiis. i think thats great.

[name]Dagny[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Eliot[/name]

you have great taste!
good luck.