Lennon?

I love [name]Lennon[/name] as a first name for a boy. My husband thinks of Linen and thinks of laundry.

What does everyone else think? Any suggestions for names similar to [name]Lennon[/name]?

For me, the first thing that comes to mind is, a bit obviously, [name]John[/name] [name]Lennon[/name]. You will probably want to keep that association in mind while considering the name [name]Lennon[/name] for your boy - this could be a good reason to pick the name in the first place, if you really like [name]John[/name] [name]Lennon[/name]/his music. I don’t naturally think of linen, most likely because the “Leh” sound is very obvious in my pronunciation of [name]Lennon[/name]. I doubt most people will hear linen.

Here are some other names that come to mind and share a similar rock’n’roll and yet trendy vibe (since -on endings are pretty trendy right now):

[name]Axel[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Gunnar[/name]/[name]Gunther[/name]
[name]Landon[/name]
[name]Kenyon[/name]
[name]Dillon[/name]
[name]Kingston[/name]
[name]Warren[/name]
[name]Banjo[/name]
[name]Morrissey[/name]
[name]Solomon[/name]
[name]Lionel[/name]
[name]Garth[/name]
[name]Brooks[/name]
McCartney
[name]Ringo[/name]
[name]Jagger[/name]
[name]Tyler[/name]

[name]Lennon[/name] and [name]Jagger[/name] would make an awesome sibset! (although, maybe too many blunt associations but…I still think they’re cool) [name]Hope[/name] this helped! Let me know what you think!

• [name]Sydnee[/name]

I really like [name]Lennon[/name] but ditto what the previous poster said. It definitely reminds me of [name]John[/name] [name]Lennon[/name].

I love [name]Lennon[/name]! I personally don’t see anything wrong at all with it being connected with [name]John[/name] [name]Lennon[/name]… maybe that’s just me, though, haha. I just love it for some reason - the feel, the sound, the simplicity… I like it. Lots.

[name]Lennox[/name] is similar, but I don’t know if you’d like that?

Ditto to everything the PPs said re: [name]John[/name] [name]Lennon[/name]. But, as to your initial question: yes,if I heard you calling ‘[name]Lennon[/name]!’, I would automatically think 'linen." They sound the same to me. If the [name]John[/name] [name]Lennon[/name] connection isn’t your goal, what about [name]Linden[/name]?

I do love The Beatles and [name]John[/name] [name]Lennon[/name] and would be completely okay for everyone to have that association with the name. I think it would be impossible to avoid that. Thanks for the input everyone. Maybe this will help convince my husband that he’s silly for thinking of laundry =)

Also, [name]Linden[/name] and [name]Lennox[/name] are very cute too. I’ve not even thought about those . . . thanks! And I very much appreciate the list of “rock” names - I’m printing them right now to look further into! I love this website and appreciate your input SO much!